Kentucky looks like.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kentucky looks like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
If you watch KY and MSU and don't realize we are no where near a final four team yet, you have some way too blue glasses. We can get there - but there's a long way to go. Brimah has to get to a point where he can get 8+ boards. Daniels has to become a nightmare to defend instead of someone who is easy to take out of the game. We can get there, but right now, we aren't at that level. We have tons of pieces, but almost everyone one of those pieces outside of Napier has to take it up several notches. Ok, Calhoun may only have to take it up a notch or two, but the rest - we're an also ran right now. Napier can have a Kemba like tourny, but without the rest, he won't be doing it beyond the sweet 16.

Reaction Score
I think KU, dook and MSU will all end up being better because of their pg's, the PG position is so crucial in CBB.

That's extremely true. Not to mention Self and Coach K are better coaches than calipari.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I'm going to have fun at work tomorrow!! Hate kensucky fans!

Reaction Score
If you watch KY and MSU and don't realize we are no where near a final four team yet, you have some way too blue glasses. We can get there - but there's a long way to go. Brimah has to get to a point where he can get 8+ boards. Daniels has to become a nightmare to defend instead of someone who is easy to take out of the game. We can get there, but right now, we aren't at that level. We have tons of pieces, but almost everyone one of those pieces outside of Napier has to take it up several notches. Ok, Calhoun may only have to take it up a notch or two, but the rest - we're an also ran right now. Napier can have a Kemba like tourny, but without the rest, he won't be doing it beyond the sweet 16.
No team is a final 4 team yet, it's the first week of the season. I didn't watch that game and get the same impression you did, I think we would play with those teams just fine and I think it would be a tossup. We aren't even close to a finished product and neither are those teams, again it's the first week of the season.

Reaction Score

UConn beat Michigan State last year on a neutral court. MSU lost 1 starter in Nix. UConn adds depth.

So if you hit the rewind button there should be plenty of optimism with that match-up. I think people are understandably concerned about rebounding and our front court.

I am bullish on UConn despite some apparent shortcomings that all teams have right now.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
No team is a final 4 team yet, it's the first week of the season. I didn't watch that game and get the same impression you did, I think we would play with those teams just fine and I think it would be a tossup. We aren't even close to a finished product and neither are those teams, again it's the first week of the season.
UConn beat Michigan State last year on a neutral court. MSU lost 1 starter in Nix. UConn adds depth.

So if you hit the rewind button there should be plenty of optimism with that match-up. I think people are understandably concerned about rebounding and our front court.

I am bullish on UConn despite some apparent shortcomings that all teams have right now.
We get so demolished on the boards and have trouble defending all the players driving to the basket at this point. We have no bigs left after 30 minutes against those teams. Like I said, we have pieces, but we can't play with them yet.

Reaction Score
Both duke and Kansas are very legit. Jabari Parker is phenomenal, reminiscent of a young melo. Kansas has waves of talent better than kentucky IMO

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We've won more titles than Kansas, Duke, and Kentucky in the last 10 years. And yet we're not in the Champions Classic -__-

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We get so demolished on the boards and have trouble defending all the players driving to the basket at this point. We have no bigs left after 30 minutes against those teams. Like I said, we have pieces, but we can't play with them yet.
Yet somehow we did it last year with way less front court depth........(msu)

Reaction Score
Thank God for Randle or UK would be out of the Top 25 in 3 weeks!

Reaction Score
Hmmmph, dook, msu, uk whoever, doesn't matter ......................

We are UConn dammit!!!!

Reaction Score

I agree. Watching that double header last night, I'm thinking if we only had a little beef up front. The one gaping hole in the team right now is beef. UConn seems to get moved out of rebounding position and/or off the blocks (or doesn't get to the block) on offense. Tough to deal with because the rest of the puzzle seems to be there with the depth UConn possesses in the other positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom