OT: - Kentucky Derby | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Kentucky Derby

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nah. My two horses beat each other up for half the stretch. Both of them pass the winner if they lay off each other. I had a couple of nice horizontals live. I don't need a show bettor rubbing it in.

Sierra Leone laid on Forever Young for the length of the stretch. If he runs straight, he still finishes second and the Japanese horse wins.

Reaction Score
I don’t know anything about horse racing and only like heading to a bar to watch it. So my wife and I are having dinner/couple drinks at a place in Naragansett and they have a bucket with random picks for $20 so of course I’m going to grab a couple each of us. She picks Resilience then I pick Fierceness. Had no clue what the odds are on either so I look them up. We have the favorite for $400 I’m happy as hell.

I think I jinxed the poor horse by grabbing that piece of paper. :eek:

Reaction Score
Fierceness' jockey was out to lunch
John Velazquez? Probably the best big race jockey maybe ever?
Horse was completely empty. Sat the perfect trip and had nothing when they came off the final turn. The horse is either brilliant or no where. Horse has no heart and can't replicate his form in back to back races. My guess is they sit him till the Travers and then go to the lead in every race from here on out. That horse quits as soon as another horse comes to it.

Would have been really interesting if SL got up if they actually looked at it because by every rule SL should have been taken down. Beyond the lugging in for almost the whole stretch Tyler grabbed the reigns of forever young right before the line which is very against the rules. Wild stuff. Forever Young was easily the best horse in the race when you watch the replay and trip. Great ride on the winner tho can't take anything away from snaking the rail like that.

Would be interested in Forever Young in the Classic at the end of the year if they come back.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Horse was completely empty. Sat the perfect trip and had nothing when they came off the final turn. The horse is either brilliant or no where. Horse has no heart and can't replicate his form in back to back races. My guess is they sit him till the Travers and then go to the lead in every race from here on out. That horse quits as soon as another horse comes to it.

Would have been really interesting if SL got up if they actually looked at it because by every rule SL should have been taken down. Beyond the lugging in for almost the whole stretch Tyler grabbed the reigns of forever young right before the line which is very against the rules. Wild stuff. Forever Young was easily the best horse in the race when you watch the replay and trip. Great ride on the winner tho can't take anything away from snaking the rail like that.

Would be interested in Forever Young in the Classic at the end of the year if they come back.

Calling out a horse for having no heart, I love it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sierra Leone laid on Forever Young for the length of the stretch. If he runs straight, he still finishes second and the Japanese horse wins.
That would have been the best result for me.

Reaction Score
Calling out a horse for having no heart, I love it.
He's an athlete who hates adversity and throws in the towel at any point when things don't go completely his own way. What would we call a basketball player who maybe played at Duke that did this?

Don't be so sanctimonious about turn of phrases because they are horses. Just don't tune in if something like that is going to offend you.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He's an athlete who hates adversity and throws in the towel at any point when things don't go completely his own way. What would we call a basketball player who maybe played at Duke that did this?

Don't be so sanctimonious about turn of phrases because they are horses. Just don't tune in if something like that is going to offend you.

You decided if what I said was sanctimonious, I’m not sure you know my intentions, but nonetheless I do see a difference between a horse and a young man.

If you squint hard you’ll see it.

My cat hates adversity too, by the way. I’m trying to count how many animals I personally know who love it…

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FYI, if the horse got disqualified it would only get knocked down to third. Not last.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That would have been the best result for me.

A lot of things went exactly wrong for you yesterday. I mean, an impressive amount.

Reaction Score

He is probably the best ever. The best ever can have a bad day.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Horse was empty, jockey had him in perfect spot. He will likely come back and win preakness
You think they will run him?

Pletcher hates running horses back on two weeks; if he doesn’t win the Derby, he skips the Preakness.

No real mystery what happened yesterday; his horse was pressed the entire way and just got tired. He’ll likely be back for the Belmont Stakes at Saratoga in June.

Few if any of the Derby horses will go this year. I suspect the winner might not as well. The Belmont is a more friendly mile and a quarter this year and it feels like a lot of horses will target that instead. (The two Japanese horses have some quarantine deadlines, so they’re heading back to avoid a 90-day quarantine period.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom