Kenny Kallina's Top 36 Basketball Players | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kenny Kallina's Top 36 Basketball Players

Reaction Score
His rankings are a farce. Why does he even bother with wasting people's time?

Reaction Score
Well, I count eight teams of the players on his list as opponents for UConn this season. So I guess we shall see how his selections fare on the court against the lowly Huskies! Looking forward to it!

BTW, last season Mitchell shot 37% against the Huskies. In that game, Collier shot 47%, Samuelson 37%, and Williams 60% (but in a low volume game for her).

Reaction Score
I like your list a lot. This is what I meant by "there are people on this board alone with more WCBB knowledge who could come up with a better list..."

My only nit to pick is I'd not put William in the top 10. Honestly, Kelsey Mitchell, for all her defensive flaws, is a premier offensive player and IMHO she needs to be in the top 10. Not sure who the next 5 should be - hard to gauge some of the sophomores and their expected "leap", but Anigwe, Billings, Ogunbowale, Vivians, Russell, Nurse, Holmes, Nared, Greenwell, Ionescu, Hines-Allen, Cunningham, Brown (Lexie), Atkins, William as maybe my next 15 (not necessarily in that order but close to it).

It gets hard and is hair splitting when you start getting away from the uber-premier players - how do you compare a PG to a center?

EricLA- - -I left Kelsey Mitchell off my top 10 list because she is one dimensional! She only plays offense! Any of my top 10 are talented players on both ends of the court! Morgan William can play pest on defense as well as be a talent on offense.
I am not a big Aja Wilson but I must admit she is one of the top 10 players in the country!

Reaction Score
Great and very funny observation for a "newbie": welcome!!
(even Bills fans are welcome, since most of your best players end up playing for the Patriots anyway :rolleyes:)

Reaction Score
I get a kick out of these self-appointed "expoits" who clearly know nothing about the game of basketball creating these bogus player rankings. This guy has Gabby assessed as high as #27? What a joke! I'd bet that if all the coaches in Div 1 not named Geno were offered the opportunity to select five players from other teams to augment their own squads, not a one would want her. With talentless players like Gabby on the roster, UConn, as a team, should be awarded a pre-season ranking no higher than #27. Sorry, my friends...it's gonna be a long season for us!

Reaction Score
After what Gabby did against South Carolina and Notre Dame last year! Really against Wilson and Turner, there should be No question about Gabby being in the top 5 with Pheesa, Lou and Azura right with her!

Reaction Score
One glaring ACC omission: where's Asia Durr? Last time I checked, she was playing in Japan, not Ms. Hines-Allen (which actually surprised me given who coached that team). Anyways, I'd give the nod to Asia over incoming frosh such as Westbrook, to say the least.

Well, it opining beats wondering when the NCAA is going to rule on transfer waivers!

This was the first thing I noticed other than the low UConn grades. I took these rankings with a very little grain of salt. At least he/she got the first three correct.

Reaction Score
1. Aja Wilson
2. Naphessa Collier
3. Katie Lou Samuelson
4 . Azura Stevens
5. Kelsey Mitchell
6. Lexie Brown
7. Gabby Williams
8. Kalani Brown
9. Asia Durr
10. Sophie Cunningham

Just my two cents. I left off Turner since we know she's not playing this year. His list is ridiculous, but some thoughts on some of his names.

Kelsey Mitchell is strictly offense and by no means a terrific shooter, but if she doesn't shoot and score in bunches, OSU has no chance to win. She has to score for them to be competitive. Maybe she is one dimensional, but I suspect she is doing what she's been asked.

We have no idea about the freshmen Westbrook and Carter, but both will be asked to step up and provide leadership and offense for their teams to win, they will have a chance to shine. If they actually do remains to be seen.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Kalina is Dead Wrong
How could he have Brittany McPhee of Stanford at #21. She should be in the Top 5.
She would be the Best Player on UConn. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom