Kenny Kallina's Top 36 Basketball Players | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kenny Kallina's Top 36 Basketball Players

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'm sure KLS, Gabby, and Napheesa have bigger fish to fry but if they ever needed bulletin board material. Yikes!

It figures that there's a girl from Florida that I've never heard of in his top 15.

Mavunga one spot ahead of KLS?!

zdtsqark56167b1e74432820962227.gif

What are you complaining about? The Irish have three players better than any Husky except Stevens!

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Wow! Just wow! :eek:

Obviously he put the names of every WCBB player on a wall and threw darts at it to make his selections.

No donuts for you. :mad:

Reaction Score
You know him, you love him (well somebody does) it's Kenny K's big chance to take another shot at UConn......with the exception of Azura Stevens that is...frankly I kind of like his maverick approach to WBB although I often disagree with his take on things....in this case you'd never know that UConn had any All American basketball players on it's roster.......as they say, to each his own!!!

Best 36 College Basketball Players 2017-2018 by @KallinaScouting

Wow, didn't realize how much trouble we're in this year. Sounds like a terrible team - we'll be lucky to win half our games! Maybe one of the coaches should post the rankings in the locker room.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow! Just wow! :eek:

Obviously he put the names of every WCBB player on a wall and threw darts at it to make his selections.

No donuts for you. :mad:

You sure do talk about donuts alot :rolleyes:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
What are you complaining about? The Irish have three players better than any Husky except Stevens!

I'm looking at this list from a WCBB perspective and I'm kind amazed how some players who have either never stepped on a college court or taken a year off (for transfer and/or injury) are rated so highly. I remember Azura well from the Duke-ND battles, but starting her off at #3 vis-a-vis a lot of the UConn performers who are rated much lower? Ehh?

On the ND side, after I got by Turner and Arike, I was wondering who was going to be the third Irish player based on performance last year (I had read your post prior to opening it up)....Marina Mabrey or Jessica Shepard? And there's Lili Thompson! Not that I don't think Lili is a good player, but after a year offf, I'll withhold monster kudos until I see what she brings to the court and the Irish.

One glaring ACC omission: where's Asia Durr? Last time I checked, she was playing in Japan, not Ms. Hines-Allen (which actually surprised me given who coached that team). Anyways, I'd give the nod to Asia over incoming frosh such as Westbrook, to say the least.

Well, it opining beats wondering when the NCAA is going to rule on transfer waivers!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

The fact that the highest ranked of those players is out for the season dulled by enthusiasm. And he misspelled Ogunbowale. But yes he was fairly generous to ND.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Really bizarre list. Of course, our 3 All-Americans are listed far too low.

Some strange inclusions: Freshmen Chennedy Carter and Evina Westbrook. What about Megatron??

Some ranked too high in my opinion: Cunningham, Hines-Allen, Holmes, Russell, Washington.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Really bizarre list. Of course, our 3 All-Americans are listed far too low.

Some strange inclusions: Freshmen Chennedy Carter and Evina Westbrook. What about Megatron??

Some ranked too high in my opinion: Cunningham, Hines-Allen, Holmes, Russell, Washington.
I don't doubt that Westbrook has the ability. To be on the list at some point. Let her play some games first.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't doubt that Westbrook has the ability. To be on the list at some point. Let her play some games first.
She looks good, but that seems more like a sophomore ranking. Traditionally, lists like this exclude freshman, even freshmen like Candace, Maya, and Stewie. Neither Evans nor Chennedy seems to be in that class.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She looks good, but that seems more like a sophomore ranking. Traditionally, lists like this exclude freshman, even freshmen like Candace, Maya, and Stewie. Neither Evans nor Chennedy seems to be in that class.
I know that. Todays her birthday. Maybe that's why she's on it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not to pile on poor Kenny... well... yeah I want to pile on.

Echo everything other fans said, both UCONN and non-UCONN. I'm not even going to go line by line because there is so much stupidity in that list that it would take paragraphS (yes multiple) to suss out any logic.

I would also echo a few people who said "I'd love to see a list by a more reputable person". I would say that there is more than enough knowledge on this board to make a list many times better than what Kenny came up with. To quote south park... "WHO killed Kenny"? Someone ought to at least kill his ability to publish stuff related to WCBB...!!

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
It's the only way he can get his Florida players on any list and slap a few club coaches he dislikes in the process ;)

Reaction Score
Reading over this my personal top 10 players would be (not in any order):
Brooke McCarty G TX
Katie Lou Samuelson G/F UCONN
Gabby Williams SF UCONN
Shakayla Thomas SF FSU
Napheesa Collier PF UCONN
Kalani Brown C Baylor
Morgan William G MissSt.
Jordin Canada G UCLA
Azura Stevens C/F UCONN
Aja Wilson C/F SoCar

Kia Nurse would be somewhere on a list of the top 36 players in the country.
This man who shall remain nameless is obviously setting this up as stated above for a reaction to make him sound important but by printing this he comes off as mindless! I don't think any serious WBB fan would keep a straight face without laughing out loud when reading this. He is only hurting any positive reputation he had previously!

Reaction Score
So, UConn, which came within a basket of playing for an undefeated NC season, has its entire team back, except for Natalie or more importantly, Saniya, which are replaced by Batouly, 4 great freshmen including the HS NPOY, and, oh yeah, HIS #3 BEST PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY! THIS IS NOT SUCH A BAD THING.

Moreover, let's humor him. Let's allow him to rank someone who wasn't even an all-American the last time she played a second of ball to now be ranked #3 in the country. If that actually is true, it's not impossible that the rest of the team slips down a bit (though not what Krazy Kenny says).

But, despite the fact that he clearly doesn't know a hole in the ground from where he views daylight, but meditate on Z being the #3 player in the country...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Reading over this my personal top 10 players would be (not in any order):
Brooke McCarty G TX
Katie Lou Samuelson G/F UCONN
Gabby Williams SF UCONN
Shakayla Thomas SF FSU
Napheesa Collier PF UCONN
Kalani Brown C Baylor
Morgan William G MissSt.
Jordin Canada G UCLA
Azura Stevens C/F UCONN
Aja Wilson C/F SoCar

Kia Nurse would be somewhere on a list of the top 36 players in the country.
This man who shall remain nameless is obviously setting this up as stated above for a reaction to make him sound important but by printing this he comes off as mindless! I don't think any serious WBB fan would keep a straight face without laughing out loud when reading this. He is only hurting any positive reputation he had previously!
I like your list a lot. This is what I meant by "there are people on this board alone with more WCBB knowledge who could come up with a better list..."

My only nit to pick is I'd not put William in the top 10. Honestly, Kelsey Mitchell, for all her defensive flaws, is a premier offensive player and IMHO she needs to be in the top 10. Not sure who the next 5 should be - hard to gauge some of the sophomores and their expected "leap", but Anigwe, Billings, Ogunbowale, Vivians, Russell, Nurse, Holmes, Nared, Greenwell, Ionescu, Hines-Allen, Cunningham, Brown (Lexie), Atkins, William as maybe my next 15 (not necessarily in that order but close to it).

It gets hard and is hair splitting when you start getting away from the uber-premier players - how do you compare a PG to a center?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom