KEMBA!!!!!!!! | The Boneyard

KEMBA!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
so much fun to watch! he just hit a 3 and then got an offensive foul call, called on wade! This game is so much fun to watch!

Reaction Score
He's not like any other player I've seen in the league. He's small but he's shifty while like Iverson was way more smooth. Obviously I remember Kemba at uconn but it's a whole different ballgame watching him in the NBA. Dude's just a winner.

Reaction Score
Was watching this at the bar earlier. Kemba plays a MUCH smarter game than Augustine IMO. So much fun to watch too.

They HAD that game but lost it on terrible passes and decision making. Why Kemba was not in there on defense when they were up 1 with 12 seconds left BLOWS MY MIND.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They played hard - tough loss.

But, ahem, Mr. Gottlieb....Kemba > Coles.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He's only going to get better and that sweet jumper of his is going to be deadly along with being able to cross his guy and drive to the lane

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Miami got 27 points off of 21 Charlotte turnovers, 12 TOs were in the disastrous third quarter. I did enjoy watching Kemba, though. That blow-by drive for a layup was impressive.

5E7DZ.St.138.jpg

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Miami got 27 points off of 21 Charlotte turnovers, 12 TOs were in the disastrous third quarter. I did enjoy watching Kemba, though. That blow-by drive for a layup was impressive.

Sure was ... even the announcers were impressed by his extra gear.

Charlotte is a fun team to watch, if nothing else. Some decent talent on there but definitely not enough to compete long term, imo. But I just love watching Kemba ... a part of me hopes for Augustin to make a mistake so I can see more of him, but both played well last night. Kemba's shot still isn't completely there yet, but he looks comfortable out there.

Reaction Score
I hope Augustin does well. I think the Bobcats see Kemba has their PG of the future. Good performances from Augustin will drive his trade value up, hopefully will end up as part of a trade to send a nice player or some picks to Charlotte.

Reaction Score
i wish he had the ball for the last shot. they only needed a 2 and he could have gotten the ball closer or at least gotten a better look with his quickness. tough seeing him get the rookie treatment.

Reaction Score
A couple factors prevented Kemba from being out there late. Maggette picked up his fourth foul early in the third quarter, and Kemba came in for him -- several minutes earlier than he normally would have come in. He played a long shift until he came out with five minutes left in the fourth. By the time they hit winning time, he was cold -- would have been tough to put him in for the final minute and expect him to work any magic.

Also, if they put him in with DJ Augustin together down the stretch, it would have left one of them on Dwyane Wade and Gerald Henderson on LeBron. On another night, perhaps they could get away with that line-up late.

Reaction Score
I hope Augustin does well. I think the Bobcats see Kemba has their PG of the future. Good performances from Augustin will drive his trade value up, hopefully will end up as part of a trade to send a nice player or some picks to Charlotte.

Agree. They need some serious rebuilding to even be a topic of conversation in the East. Start by drafting either Lamb or Drummond and hopefully build on that with other strong picks by trading away Augustin and others.

caw

Reaction Score
Charlotte needs better players at every position but PG ATM.

Kemba and DJ looks like a good rotation for this year.

SG is pretty blah. Henderson is OK, but would be better suited off the bench, he has no left hand and range only goes to 20 or so (good defender though). The fact that Matt Carroll is the backup here is scary. Him being the 12-13 player is OK, him being in the top 10 is not. Draft Lamb and move Carroll to the end of the bench or cut him.

SF: Maggette is a hard player to like, he is a blackhole, and not a particularly good one either. Derrick Brown is his backup (who?). Draft Barnes/MKG and move Brown to the end of the bench or cut him.

PF: DJ White is a hustle big, not a starter against Bosh/Lebron. Thomas is hurt but his brain just doesn't function well enough to be more than an athletic big. Draft Sullinger/Jones III and move DJ White to the bench

C: Diop is fat. Diaw is also fat but a good player in a contract year. Draft Drummond/Davis and move Diaw to the PF and Diop to the stationary bike next to the bench.

Mullens and Biyombo are projects but could be suitable bench players in the future (ideally Biyombo will progress enough to start). He is more raw than Drummond but has the physical body.

Basically, take Charlotte's starters/players (outside PG) and shift them down a spot or three on the depth chart and you have a pretty good team.

Any of the following would come in and be better players than the current starter (IMO) Barnes, Lamb, Drummond (Diaw to PF), Sullinger (at PF), MKG, Davis, Jones III and probably a few others. Luckily for the Bobcats there are zero good PG's this year to draft so they really can't mess up as long as they have a top 7 draft pick (and all those players come out).

I would love for Charlotte to trade Diaw to a contender for a late first. I don't think they have any other assets to get a good player with unless you can find a buyer for Augustin (not sold on trading him right now, Kemba isnt ready to play 48 minutes and they have no other PG's on the team) Tyrus Thomas or Maggette (good luck).

Reaction Score
I think Tyrus Thomas can be like a Shawn Marion type player. He is still young and still has room to improve. I think you are a little low on him but otherwise spot on.

Reaction Score
Doing some trolling of Charlotte fan boards and their early reviews are split - there's a fair contingent who really don't seem to like Kemba much. Some were calling him a chucker who can't pass yesterday on a day that he shot 6-9 (he pulled up for an open 15-footer on a 3-on-2 break which is their ExhibIt A). They want him to be a pass-first guy ("we don't need another Ray Felton"), when he's probably playing with less talent with the Bobcats second unit than he would have had if he stayed for his senior year. It's a no-win situation for him - if he was playing with the first string he could be more of a facilitator, but with the second string he has to score because its D-League guys and a raw project (Biyombo) around him. Kind of wish he ended up somewhere else - he's not going to develop pure PG skills unless he has some weapons around him, and he may not be on the floor inb crunch time unless they can get away with going small.

caw

Reaction Score
I think Tyrus Thomas can be like a Shawn Marion type player. He is still young and still has room to improve. I think you are a little low on him but otherwise spot on.

Fair enough, I can see the comparisons I just don't think he is nearly as good off the dribble or as a shooter. I wouldn't mind him as the first or second big off the bench I guess.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Doing some trolling of Charlotte fan boards and their early reviews are split - there's a fair contingent who really don't seem to like Kemba much.
This site, Bobcat Planet, seems to like Kemba a lot.

Why is Maggette nicknamed Bad ?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

My instinct would be that high schoolers think that he is really good but anyone older than that realizes that there is better stuff out there.

Reaction Score

I have no idea. I saw that nickname for the first time recently in a Golden State Warriors thread ("back when we tried to have Bad playing the four"), and I thought it was a reference to Sarunas Marciulonis and his mustache.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Maggette's collection is entirely made up of Dick Vitale sucking Coach K's toes.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

It's from a Warrior's board. 'Sure, there's penetration and scoring, but are you really happy with what you're seeing?'

Glad you asked, aren't you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger