"Kemba Walker Is Becoming a Superstar in Case You Haven't Noticed" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"Kemba Walker Is Becoming a Superstar in Case You Haven't Noticed"

Reaction Score
Kemba had 31, 9 and 8 last night.
Those shooting percentages are dipping into uggo territory though, imagine if he had a good supporting cast or even another true scorer on that team (Lamb is having a nice season, but let’s be real). It’s been lamented a million times before, but I hope he doesn’t “waste” his career away in Charlotte.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Always knew he had it in him. Kid is a flat out warrior and winner.

C'mon Danny, get er done.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Always knew he had it in him. Kid is a flat out warrior and winner.

C'mon Danny, get er done.
As much as I loving rooting for former Huskies on the Celtics, Kemba does not fit in Boston. Too many alpha dogs as it is and he would stunt the growth of Jaylen Brown.

Reaction Score
As much as I loving rooting for former Huskies on the Celtics, Kemba does not fit in Boston. Too many alpha dogs as it is and he would stunt the growth of Jaylen Brown.
Knicks Kemba KD
Knicks Kemba KD

Trade Porzingas for the highest first rounder you can get. Knox will be a stud imo.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Knicks Kemba KD
Knicks Kemba KD

Trade Porzingas for the highest first rounder you can get. Knox will be a stud imo.
I'd have to root against him in that case.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Why? Move on from Kyrie, and pick up Kemba. Kemba is the type of player who can adapt to any style of play with ease. And I'd take Kemba over Brown any day of the week.

If somehow they could swing it, I'd pick up Kemba and Anthony Davis, and move on from Kyrie, Heyward, and Brown (would require it at min). Kemba/AD/Tatum/Horford plus whomever else (Smart and co.) would freakin dominate.

I don't believe in 'too much talent'. It's slow to come together this year, but that was to be expected. You don't just change a team around completely, especially inserting the team leader and ball dominant player, along with a guy who isn't quite there yet both mentally and physically, and expect it to go smoothly.

I expect them to be a machine come playoff time.

Reaction Score
Why? Move on from Kyrie, and pick up Kemba. Kemba is the type of player who can adapt to any style of play with ease. And I'd take Kemba over Brown any day of the week.

If somehow they could swing it, I'd pick up Kemba and Anthony Davis, and move on from Kyrie, Heyward, and Brown (would require it at min). Kemba/AD/Tatum/Horford plus whomever else (Smart and co.) would freakin dominate.

I don't believe in 'too much talent'. It's slow to come together this year, but that was to be expected. You don't just change a team around completely, especially inserting the team leader and ball dominant player, along with a guy who isn't quite there yet both mentally and physically, and expect it to go smoothly.

I expect them to be a machine come playoff time.
How on earth would they add Davis and Kemba and only lose Kyrie, Hayward, and Brown?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
How on earth would they add Davis and Kemba and only lose Kyrie, Hayward, and Brown?

I didn't say only those guys, just that those are the big guns.

Kemba free agent. So you technically lose no one except who they choose to move on from (Kyrie in this instance).

If the Pelicans don't think they can resign AD...then maybe they bite. Maybe offer a package of Heyward, Brown, Rozier...and the Sac pick if you have to. Maybe resign Kyrie in the summer and then add him to the package in some way (cold blooded sure, but Danny might be capable). Yes, someone else could come in with a better offer, but worth a shot...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Those shooting percentages are dipping into uggo territory though, imagine if he had a good supporting cast or even another true scorer on that team (Lamb is having a nice season, but let’s be real). It’s been lamented a million times before, but I hope he doesn’t “waste” in career away in Charlotte.
KW has enough "gravitas/pull" due to his performance level that if he feels that his time is starting to become a "waste", it will change quickly
Way too premature to talk HoF BUT if TMac and Grant Hill are in Springfield, a 1/2 dozen more years at current production PLUS the UConn lore - it will be hard to keep him out.
Charlotte will do everything/anything to keep him there - he is the face of the team

Husky25

Reaction Score
KW has enough "gravitas/pull" due to his performance level that if he feels that his time is starting to become a "waste", it will change quickly
Way too premature to talk HoF BUT if TMac and Grant Hill are in Springfield, a 1/2 dozen more years at current production PLUS the UConn lore - it will be hard to keep him out.
Charlotte will do everything/anything to keep him there - he is the face of the team
Was listening to the midday EEI show earlier in the week while they were talking about Harold Baines. I had to get out of the car, but not before they proclaimed the Basketball HoF the Hall of Very Good.

If that is the standard, then it is anyone's guess.

Reaction Score
I didn't say only those guys, just that those are the big guns.

Kemba free agent. So you technically lose no one except who they choose to move on from (Kyrie in this instance).

If the Pelicans don't think they can resign AD...then maybe they bite. Maybe offer a package of Heyward, Brown, Rozier...and the Sac pick if you have to. Maybe resign Kyrie in the summer and then add him to the package in some way (cold blooded sure, but Danny might be capable). Yes, someone else could come in with a better offer, but worth a shot...
You aren't getting Davis without adding Tatum to the deal. Hayward is damaged goods and Brown isn't all that good.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="superjohn, post: 2956883, member: 1522"]You aren't getting Davis without adding Tatum to the deal. Hayward is damaged goods and Brown isn't all that good.[/QUOTE]

You don't know that.

And I'm not talking about doing the deal this year. That would be selling low on both Hayward and brown. Hayward will be back eventually; that injury is not remotely a career killer. And Danny and other NBA GM's disagree on Brown. He'll round back into form anyway. Just adjusting to a new role atm.

Reaction Score
31 points BUT on 8/25 shooting is kind of ugly. I liked Drummonds stat line more from the Pistons, 14 points on 50% shooting, 13 boards, 6 blocks, 2 steals, just 2 turnovers.

Lamb hit the game winner but otherwise had an ugly shooting night prior to that with 4-13 shooting.

Still, nice to see 30% Huskies on the floor for most of the game, makes me feel nostalgic and almost piques my interest in some nba games.

Reaction Score
Knicks Kemba KD
Knicks Kemba KD

lol no way. I'll take Kemba and KD while keeping KP if possible. If not, just give me one of the 2. And Knox? I'd take Mitchel Robinson or Alonzo Trier over him. No offense to the kid and as a Knicks fan i hope he pans out, but I dont see a stud when I look at him.

Reaction Score
Kemba is becoming a great NBA player and he is already a clutch NBA player but he is not becoming a superstar. Enough of the hyperbole. There are only a few superstars in the sport. I love his heart and determination. He exemplifies everything you want as the face of the franchise. Go Kemba!

Reaction Score
lol no way. I'll take Kemba and KD while keeping KP if possible. If not, just give me one of the 2. And Knox? I'd take Mitchel Robinson or Alonzo Trier over him. No offense to the kid and as a Knicks fan i hope he pans out, but I dont see a stud when I look at him.
Knicks just gave Trier a guaranteed deal after going undrafted. Knox is 19 so we can agree to disagree on that. I doubt Porzingas' durability and not a fan of his sometimes attitude. But hey. We are both Knicks fans so expect the worst.

Reaction Score
Knicks just gave Trier a guaranteed deal after going undrafted. Knox is 19 so we can agree to disagree on that. I doubt Porzingas' durability and not a fan of his sometimes attitude. But hey. We are both Knicks fans so expect the worst.

Knox will never be consistent imo. I dont put much stock in him developing alot personally, but i get how people can hope for improvement from him over time. Zo, is a solid player imo, that was a great signing that gives us flexibility.

I honestly dont know about Kristaps long term durability and i can understand how people would question it. At that same token people should question Emiibs, and Kwahi's and Curry's and Hardens... Bottom line for me is Kristaps can put the ball in the hoops with the best of them and plays some solid defense too. And with him I've seen him just improve over time. He was really having a great season when he went down. I would really love to get him back healthy and have Kemba with him and a high pick from this coming draft. Bol bol would a be nice. I could see stretches of KP, Robinson and Bol bol all playing together with Kemba in the back court, and maybe even Frank at the 2 (wouldnt be that big a liability on offense with so much scoring power from KP and Kemba). Knox and Trier coming off of the bench.

Then i woke up LOL. We are on the same team man! Lets just hope no matter what better days are ahead of us.

PS. I really do feel like KP has been forgotten by Knicks fans and the league in general.

Reaction Score
Hall of Fame also counts College and that is why Grant Hill made it. Couple his college career with a great NBA he has a chance.
Grant hill was a 7x allstar, 1x 1st team and 4x 2nd team all-NBA, and had 2 NCAA NCs to Kemba's 2x allstar and 1 NCAA NC...I love Kemba, but I'd say grant hill is rightfully ahead of Kemba in any discussion

Kemba can conceivably get there, but he's got a lot of resume building to do in the latter half of his career

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
Grant hill was a 7x allstar, 1x 1st team and 4x 2nd team all-NBA, and had 2 NCAA NCs to Kemba's 2x allstar and 1 NCAA NC...I love Kemba, but I'd say grant hill is rightfully ahead of Kemba in any discussion

Kemba can conceivably get there, but he's got a lot of resume building to do in the latter half of his career

Yep Kembas resume currently is closer to non-HOFer Danny Manning.

Of course, Kemba should have his third All-Star appearance in a row this year and he seems to be getting better every year.

Reaction Score
I went to the Celtics-Hornets game last night. Kind of a funny story. I was sitting on the baseline so I wanted to get Kemba's or Jeremy's attention at some point. In the first quarter the Celtics were about to inbound the ball under their own basket so before the ref handed the Celtics player the ball I yelled, "Kemba, Huskies!" He looks over at me and winks and smiles. But of course just as that is happening the ref hands the Celtics player the ball. Kemba's man goes right behind him to the basket, takes the pass, and lays it in. I felt so bad. Oh well, sorry Kemba. Hornets got crushed anyway.

In the first quarter Kemba and Irving had about 15 points each and the game was close. Looked like it was going to be one of those classic "whatever you can do, I can do better" duels. Then of course the Celtics blew right past the Hornets and neither played a lot in the 2nd half.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I went to the Celtics-Hornets game last night. Kind of a funny story. I was sitting on the baseline so I wanted to get Kemba's or Jeremy's attention at some point. In the first quarter the Celtics were about to inbound the ball under their own basket so before the ref handed the Celtics player the ball I yelled, "Kemba, Huskies!" He looks over at me and winks and smiles. But of course just as that is happening the ref hands the Celtics player the ball. Kemba's man goes right behind him to the basket, takes the pass, and lays it in. I felt so bad. Oh well, sorry Kemba.
You may be the reason he doesn't get into the HOF.

Reaction Score
Kemba and Lamb are absolutely killing it tonight . After the first over time they have a combined 60 points on 22-40 shooting, 6-10 from 3, 9 boards, 7 assists, 4 steals, just 3 fouls and 2 turnovers.

U.C.O.N.N.
Unfortunately they each made a boneheaded foul at the end of regulation.

Great game though. Fun to watch our guys play well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom