"Kemba Walker Is Becoming a Superstar in Case You Haven't Noticed" | The Boneyard

"Kemba Walker Is Becoming a Superstar in Case You Haven't Noticed"

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't disagree anymore but that thread got me through the dog days of summer.

I'll say one thing: His chance have gone up...

...to 1.7%.

Reaction Score
Not sure how they decide on the Hall of Fame, but Kemba should be in there just based on the Big East + NCAA run. It's basketball legend.

Kemba has real nice college and early career NBA credentials. He needs a bunch more real good NBA seasons, but he certainly is on track.

Reaction Score
Since the monster games and the entire basketball world has been talking about him he's sort of had a rough go of it, hope he elevates his play again soon. He's certainly not your typical superstar, in a contract year with a max/supermax deal hanging in the balance when asked about being a star Kemba says he doesn't really consider himself one. Probably not the best time to be humble but Kemba knows no other way.

Reaction Score
I'll say one thing: His chance have gone up...

...to 1.7%.

You cant actually believe he has less than a 2% chance of making the Hall of Fame. The guy is an elite NBA player with tremendous credentials for a 28 year old. Once again, he is KEMBA WALKER, don't bet against him.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
You cant actually believe he has less than a 2% chance of making the Hall of Fame. The guy is an elite NBA player with tremendous credentials for a 28 year old. Once again, he is KEMBA WALKER, don't bet against him.
has anyone ever made the hall of fame without even making an All-NBA team?

I love Kemba Walker like everyone else but this HoF type stuff is just nonsensical

Husky25

Reaction Score
Since the monster games and the entire basketball world has been talking about him he's sort of had a rough go of it, hope he elevates his play again soon. He's certainly not your typical superstar, in a contract year with a max/supermax deal hanging in the balance when asked about being a star Kemba says he doesn't really consider himself one. Probably not the best time to be humble but Kemba knows no other way.
Isaiah Thomas went into the year before his contract year looking for a fully loaded Brinks trunk. How'd that work out for him? There is more than one ways to approach free agency and to go about getting what one (thinks they) deserves. In Kemba's case, he has Jeff Schwartz and Javon Phillips to worry about the off-season.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Refer to the other thread for my feelings on Walker. I have 13 posts there and my thoughts haven't changed appreciably. Head bang

Reaction Score
Isaiah Thomas went into the year before his contract year looking for a fully loaded Brinks trunk. How'd that work out for him? There is more than one ways to approach free agency and to go about getting what one (thinks they) deserves. In Kemba's case, he has Jeff Schwartz and Javon Phillips to worry about the off-season.
I was more trying to showcase his personality and show how his personality is far from the personality of your typical superstar. He'll get his no matter what, Thomas was never going to get close to what he wanted.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I was more trying to showcase his personality and show how his personality is far from the personality of your typical superstar. He'll get his no matter what, Thomas was never going to get close to what he wanted.
No, I get it. Walker is nothing if not "Actions Above Words."

Reaction Score
Agreed with everything here, and I think Kemba could really push himself further into the conversation if he turned his defense up a bit. He's basically a one man offense so he has to conserve some energy somehow, but he's been a bad defender.

Still 16th in VORP and 23rd in WS, so it's fair to consider him in the conversation of being a superstar. If he was on a better team, his efficiency would look a lot better on both ends. A guy his size can't be a one man team in the NBA though. Kyrie's Cleveland teams were even worse.

Reaction Score
Hall of Fame also counts College and that is why Grant Hill made it. Couple his college career with a great NBA he has a chance.

Reaction Score
Hall of Fame also counts College and that is why Grant Hill made it. Couple his college career with a great NBA he has a chance.

The Hall of Fame counts EVERYTHING basketball related. College, international, pro, etc.

And for those who dont think Kemba has a legitimate chance, take a look at Calvin Murphy's career accomplishments. Murphy is in the Hall of Fame despite NEVER having a season like the 26, 6, and 4 that Kemba is averaging this season.

Reaction Score
Kemba Walker is the reason why I decided to become a basketball coach. I'm as big a homer as anyone with the guy. But he's going to need a career trajectory change to get into the HoF.

Reaction Score
has anyone ever made the hall of fame without even making an All-NBA team?

I love Kemba Walker like everyone else but this HoF type stuff is just nonsensical

Well here is the thing. He's on pace to be a 1st team all nba, all star, and if ownership can make 1-move (Brad Beal, etc) he lead Charlotte deep into playoffs as the east & west are very vulnerable.

You take 7+ years of a good career (2 ASG) + this season and hopefully 4 or 5 more of elite seasons (all nba and playoff success) + best college basketball resume one can have = HOF.

T-Mac made the HOF with 0 playoff series victories (Raptors doesn't count that was all Vince)

Reaction Score
Well here is the thing. He's on pace to be a 1st team all nba, all star, and if ownership can make 1-move (Brad Beal, etc) he lead Charlotte deep into playoffs as the east & west are very vulnerable.

You take 7+ years of a good career (2 ASG) + this season and hopefully 4 or 5 more of elite seasons (all nba and playoff success) + best college basketball resume one can have = HOF.

T-Mac made the HOF with 0 playoff series victories (Raptors doesn't count that was all Vince)
There is basically no chance Kemba will be 1st team all nba and 1 move making them a team that goes deep in the playoffs is pretty silly unless that 1 move is for Davis or Durant.

Reaction Score
There is basically no chance Kemba will be 1st team all nba and 1 move making them a team that goes deep in the playoffs is pretty silly unless that 1 move is for Davis or Durant.

You're joking right? Can you predict the future? Did you not just watch Kemba outplay every PG in the NBA for the 1st 1/5 of the season? Do you read NBA blogs or follow NBA writers who have Kemba listed as 1st team all nba or 2nd team all nba?

Reaction Score
He's gotta be Charlotte's all-time leading scorer, make multiple deep playoff runs to have a chance. I don't think he's HOF right now

Reaction Score

In addition: Hornets despite having a losing record are in a vulnerable eastern conference. They are 2 wins behind Detroit who is the 4th seed. Charlotte, Miami, Orlando, and Washington are all within a few games and can each win their division. 1 trade can elevate them to another level. Hornets have tons of young pieces, tons, and can move them for a good player who can make a strong and immediate impact.

Reaction Score
He's gotta be Charlotte's all-time leading scorer, make multiple deep playoff runs to have a chance. I don't think he's HOF right now

He is Charlotte's all time leading scorer already. If his career ended today, he wouldnt make the hall of fame, but give him another 7 to 10 seasons in the NBA and I am guessing he makes it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom