Kemba vs Springer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kemba vs Springer

Reaction Score
Baseball players generally make significantly more simply because baseball doesn’t have a salary cap.

Springer's going to be in pretty good shape. Through next year he'll have made 29MM in his career. One more arbitration year in 2020 will probably get him into the 45MM range, then he'll hit free agency at 31 years old. I would expect a deal in the 5/80-100 range, so that's probably 125-150MM. A few short-term deals to finish his career and he's looking at around 150-200MM total.

Kemba is going to be around 59MM after this year, then he's a free agent at age 29. NBA contracts I don't understand as well, but it seems like guys at his level have no problem earning 100MM in a 5-year deal.

It'll be pretty close I think.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Springer's going to be in pretty good shape. Through next year he'll have made 29MM in his career. One more arbitration year in 2020 will probably get him into the 45MM range, then he'll hit free agency at 31 years old. I would expect a deal in the 5/80-100 range, so that's probably 125-150MM. A few short-term deals to finish his career and he's looking at around 150-200MM total.

Kemba is going to be around 59MM after this year, then he's a free agent at age 29. NBA contracts I don't understand as well, but it seems like guys at his level have no problem earning 100MM in a 5-year deal.

Springer also was keeping more thanks to no income tax in Texas.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The Penders family has deep roots in CT baseball; his dad was (is?) the long time coach at East Catholic

Oddly, growing up, he was the better basketball player of the two.

Reaction Score

Kemba is eligible for a max contract of 4/$140M (or 5/$188M from Charlotte). He may not get the full max, but there's a ton of teams with cap space next year. He's likely going to get very close to the max, at minimum I'd expect 4/$120M

Reaction Score
They are both a big deal in their respective sports, a WS MVP and the best player in the history of a franchise. Its all good.

Reaction Score
Springer is a great guy and good player. Last years MVP was something special.

But Kemba's BET/NCAA 11 game NC run is one of the iconic moments in school history. Kids today still talk about wanting to be next great UConn guard and citie Kemba and Bazz. I'll go with Kemba.
This.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Anecdotally, I was having a conversation with a 23-year old last night. Kid follows NBA and Pitt, but not much more than that. When I mentioned I went to UConn and started listing NBA players from UConn, he was surprised at the list - even Kemba. Had no idea.

But he knew all the Pitt guys. Both of them :cool:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Springer is a better baseball player than Kemba is basketball, but Kemba is more famous for what he did at UConn than in Charlotte and means more to our brand

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FWIW, not one UConn reference (that I remember) for Springer during ALCS. He's definitely killing it though.

Reaction Score
FWIW, not one UConn reference (that I remember) for Springer during ALCS. He's definitely killing it though.

Yeah, I personally can’t stand the commentary on TBS for this post season. Ron Darling is brutal to listen to and almost blatantly roots for whoever the Red Sox are playing. In game 1 there was a Barnes/Springer matchup in a critical moment and not one mention that they are close friends and former teammates. Just awful commentary all around. I actually would prefer Joe Buck to these bosos doing the ALDS and ALCS.

Reaction Score
In this age, this is an easy answer. Kemba has 350 thousand Twitter Followers. Springer has 1500. Also, Kemba's 2011 highlights vid has way more views than anything Springer has out there. Isn't that all that matters now???

Two great young men. We would be fortunate to have either one as a brand ambassador. We are blessed to have both.

Reaction Score
In this age, this is an easy answer. Kemba has 350 thousand Twitter Followers. Springer has 1500. Also, Kemba's 2011 highlights vid has way more views than anything Springer has out there. Isn't that all that matters now???

Two great young men. We would be fortunate to have either one as a brand ambassador. We are blessed to have both.
Not exactly the best way to measure things considering basketball stars are followed much more on social media and especially because Springer doesn't use twitter, I get your point though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This is the first time I heard Springer is from UCONN. I’m a big Red Sox fan but don’t follow baseball much besides them. First time I heard of Springer was this playoffs. I have to go with Kemba but I follow college basketball and pro basketball more than any baseball.

I did know Barnes was a UCONN guy for a long time but only knew that since I’m a huge Red Sox fan.
Third base. REALLY GUY!?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Same!
Yes. I used to go to his baseball camp as a kid.
Me too. Well it was Hilltop Baseball Academy at ECHS. Was that the Penders one? I still wear the shirt I got 20 years later. Went to Luke Reilly (another ECHS coaching dynasty) Basketball Camp too.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Me too. Well it was Hilltop Baseball Academy at ECHS. Was that the Penders one? I still wear the shirt I got 20 years later. Went to Luke Reilly (another ECHS coaching dynasty) Basketball Camp too.

I believe so.

Funny story. I went with a kid who was from a few towns over who was kind of a smart ass and a loud mouth.

A few years later his parents moved and he was our ace starter for our state championship run, And if things broke a little different my college teammate.

Reaction Score
Not exactly the best way to measure things considering basketball stars are followed much more on social media and especially because Springer doesn't use twitter, I get your point though.

I was joking

Reaction Score
Kemba. Where MLB players went to college is like never mentioned

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44