Kemba vs. Bucks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kemba vs. Bucks

Reaction Score
There's no easy answer as to who, though. Just in terms of risk/reward for this season, it's smart to try to develop Time Lord and hope that Kanter has some more playoff magic in him (he's produced in the past).

If that doesn't work then next year you have almost $50 million worth of expirings (Hayward, Kanter, Theis, Poirier) go use and go after... someone.

Honestly, I'm excited to see what Williams can do with 20-25 mpg this year. He has the physical tools to be a dominant defender is is surrounded by four all-star caliber talents in Kemba, Hayward, Brown and Tatum. There's a really good chance he'll be a much better player come April than he is right now.

Serious Q, though: Who would you go after? I don't see a C out there who's worth it right now.

Steven Adams

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Steven Adams
I like Adams a lot, but he's been a garbage fire in the playoffs the past two years, is due to make $28 million next year and given his decreasing mobility since 2016 my guess is that bum knee of his is worse than they've let on.

I'd be more worried than relieved if he was on the roster.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I like Adams a lot, but he's been a garbage fire in the playoffs the past two years, is due to make $28 million next year and given his decreasing mobility since 2016 my guess is that bum knee of his is worse than they've let on.

Jesus the avg nba guy makes so much goshdarn money it's insane

Reaction Score
Celtics 4-1. They did get to play the Knicks twice.

I didn't hate the Knicks D tonight, but that was probably helped by the familiarity of playing the Celtics twice in a week.

The MSG TV announcer referred to Kemba's school as Connecticut College, which is unconscionable.

Reaction Score
He put greek freak on skates with that step back the other night. Even tho I’m not a C’s fan, it’s great getting to watch him every night

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kemba AGAIN tonight.

33/6/5

He was big again. Wouldn’t be a close game if Brown played and Morris didn’t have the game of his life against his old team. The real key is Kemba is out there smiling and having fun and it’s infectious. The other Celtics are enjoying playing the game. Last year they were all miserable.

C

Chief00

In addition to Kemba's high level of play right off the bat (most points through the first four games of any Celtic ever), Gordon Hayward looks a lot more like Gordon Hayward again. If they can get any consistent play from the center position (whether it be from Williams, Kanter when he returns, or Thies), the C's could be very good this year.
Losing their center in the offseason is regrettable. They have all the other pieces.

C

Chief00

He was big again. Wouldn’t be a close game if Brown played and Morris didn’t have the game of his life against his old team. The real key is Kemba is out there smiling and having fun and it’s infectious. The other Celtics are enjoying playing the game. Last year they were all miserable.

True - state of mind is key. I see it here - you have the positive people and the negative ones who eventually wake up in their parent’s dismal basement at some point during the day with the goal to “Dislike” every Chief post going back 8 years to drive down my aggregate “Like” count.

Chief has never used “Dislike”, there are too many positives going on in my life that I am blessed and thankful about. It’s sad when someone is so down on themselves, where that exercise becomes their existence.

In contrast, Chief’s exhibition game Briefs is breaking all kinds of view records for a preseason game - and Views are what support the BY. I am humbled by all the interest about UConn MBB and the toughest part is what to leave out. It’s interesting the things that I noticed that others felt should be included and other things that did not hit Chief’s radar that perhaps should be included. So it’s definitely a continuous improvement exercise for Chief.

I got to know Kemba’s mom well and she just lights up a room. She has such a nice way about her and is always so kind, happy and smiling. She is one of those people, that leaves you happier than you were before you talk to her. There’s no negativity in her and her kindness is so sincere. So that infectiousness is real. Kemba is the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

LOL - Just to show I wasn’t exaggerating.
7345FF7C-0B50-4FD7-8EEF-DFA20C3196EC.jpeg

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Celtics 4-1. They did get to play the Knicks twice.
Beat the Raps & Bucks too, tho.

Barring injuries I think this team lands somewhere between 55-60 wins, and 3rd in the East.

EDIT: And I'll say here that Hayward is passing the eye test after last year's miserable season. He's up to about 12 drives per game after only 5.7 last year, and he's finishing off a ton of plays either at the hoop or by finding cutters. He's not quite back to his pre-injury, All-Star form, but he's closing in on it.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
EDIT: And I'll say here that Hayward is passing the eye test after last year's miserable season. He's up to about 12 drives per game after only 5.7 last year, and he's finishing off a ton of plays either at the hoop or by finding cutters. He's not quite back to his pre-injury, All-Star form, but he's closing in on it.

I always thought it was crazy that people didn't give him benefit of the doubt from such a gruesome injury. Never mind fitness or rust, the mind games that plays with your head, I can't imagine.

People wrote him off quick. I guess that's the hot take world we live in today.

C

Chief00

Quit being so needy. So what if one guy isn't playing along?
LOL - it doesn’t impact me other than its like seeing a gruesome accident until I think about how his psychological state might play out. The likes or dislikes in real time when I post stuff is part of the deal but someone going back 8 years to dislike every one of my 13,000 posts is frankly creepy and speaks to a psychological disorder. What you don’t see that I do is it’s a very time consuming effort, that takes hours each day. For that to be your day’s focus is frankly rather alarming and speaks to an illness. First, I feel concern for his sanity, then my family’s security and posters wonder why Chief has always been so private about my identity. What does he do with himself when he is done with that task? What’s his insanity outlet then?

Last edited by a moderator:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
LOL - it doesn’t impact me other than its like seeing a gruesome accident - The likes or dislikes in real time when I post stuff is part of the deal but someone going back 8 years to dislike every one of my 13,000 posts is frankly creepy and speaks to a psychological disorder. First, I feel concern for his sanity then my family’s security and posters wonder why Chief has always been so private about my identity.

Oh good god chief. It's a freakin gag.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I always thought it was crazy that people didn't give him benefit of the doubt from such a gruesome injury. Never mind fitness or rust, the mind games that plays with your head, I can't imagine.

Meh, I'm 43 and I think that's the world we've lived in our entire lives. And I get why folks were frustrated with what seemed like some force-feeding last year, which probably did stunt Tatum and Brown to an extent.

That said, we all know the biggest problem with that team is in Brooklyn now.

Anyway, it's nice to be wildly in love with the Celtics again. Here's hoping they end up with Danny Hamilton or Jalen on a two-way contract at some point.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I post stuff is part of the deal but someone going back 8 years to dislike every one of my 13,000 posts is frankly creepy and speaks to a psychological disorder.
No, tzz's been here forever. I think it speaks of commitment to the joke.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
LOL - it doesn’t impact me other than its like seeing a gruesome accident - The likes or dislikes in real time when I post stuff is part of the deal but someone going back 8 years to dislike every one of my 13,000 posts is frankly creepy and speaks to a psychological disorder. First, I feel concern for his sanity then my family’s security and posters wonder why Chief has always been so private about my identity.
@Mano and @tzznandrew are so far in your head, man. Confirmed. ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
LOL - it doesn’t impact me other than its like seeing a gruesome accident until I think about how his psychological state might play out. The likes or dislikes in real time when I post stuff is part of the deal but someone going back 8 years to dislike every one of my 13,000 posts is frankly creepy and speaks to a psychological disorder. What you don’t see that I do is it’s a very time consuming effort, that takes hours each day. For that to be your day’s focus is frankly rather alarming and speaks to an illness. First, I feel concern for his sanity, then my family’s security and posters wonder why Chief has always been so private about my identity. What does he do with himself when he is done with that task? What’s his insanity outlet then?
Obviously posted by someone who is a casual psychologist.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

Meh, I'm 43 and I think that's the world we've lived in our entire lives. And I get why folks were frustrated with what seemed like some force-feeding last year, which probably did stunt Tatum and Brown to an extent.

That said, we all know the biggest problem with that team is in Brooklyn now.

Anyway, it's nice to be wildly in love with the Celtics again. Here's hoping they end up with Danny Hamilton or Jalen on a two-way contract at some point.
Typical missing the forest for the trees. The BY is minimum 82.37% hot takes.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Celtics without Brown and Kanter against the Bucks and they pull off a great comeback win.

I was critical toward everyone praising his last performance against one of the worst teams in the league. This is the Bucks, and he just went off for 32/6/6. Not to mention a fire 4th qtr.

In Kemba I Trust.
So Mrs. Fleud (wifey) is a big Kemba fan. He's her favorite UConn men's bb player. Told her the Celtics were on tv and she was thrilled to watch the game. A part of me wants to record her reactions to the game letting her know I'm not the only one that gets overly excited about teams I root for. The other part knows that's hitting the danger Will Robinson button.

Reaction Score
So Mrs. Fleud (wifey) is a big Kemba fan. He's her favorite UConn men's bb player. Told her the Celtics were on tv and she was thrilled to watch the game. A part of me wants to record her reactions to the game letting her know I'm not the only one that gets overly excited about teams I root for. The other part knows that's hitting the danger Will Robinson button.

The part of you that didn't record her is the smarter part, Mr. Fled!

Reaction Score
yJzvTD.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom