OT: - Kemba traded to Thunder | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Kemba traded to Thunder

Reaction Score
I hate giving up the 1st rounder. We said they needed a 4 like Horford, so yes, they got that. They do save some money. Here is Al's contract. Al Horford Contract, Salary Cap Details & Breakdowns | Spotrac Moses Brown is evidently a second year player, a center who was undrafted out of UCLA.

If the Celtics believe in the Israeli PG + Pritchard, maybe this is a good move. But losing the pick hurts.
#16 pick is a crapshoot, I think Brown has the potential to be what you would hope to select in that range.

Reaction Score
What I think of the trade

Attachments

• EyD1BUjXAAM5JJE.jpeg
    EyD1BUjXAAM5JJE.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 243

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
#16 pick is a crapshoot, I think Brown has the potential to be what you would hope to select in that range.

Maybe. That's rare for an undrafted player. What I would "hope to select" at 16 is not a center. I believe in Time Lord, so I hope Brad packages Langford, Thompson and some other riff raff and trades them.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Maybe. That's rare for an undrafted player. What I would "hope to select" at 16 is not a center. I believe in Time Lord, so I hope Brad packages Langford, Thompson and some other riff raff and trades them.

Gotta think bob is on the block as well after this trade

Reaction Score
Depending on potential roster moves & projected cap, looks like the C's could have $25-30 million to spend in free agency after 2022 or if they go nuclear $65-70 million in 2023 + Brown/Tatum.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but Moses Brown is a promising young big. Had a great final 2 months for OKC. Just sayin'

7'2", 21, and put up 9 & 9. Not bad.

It's just sad to see my favorite team pick up one of my favorite players and then spit him out.

But his knees are shot and, frankly, as a shoot-first PG he's not a great fit with Tatum and Brown anyway.

the Q

Reaction Score
Why? They probably grabbed Brown because of his value, not because they were looking to replace Time Lord.

Bob is due to be paid big soon.

And frankly is one of the other few assets they have left to pair with tt to add a rotation player

Reaction Score
Three main reasons I watch about 17 minutes of NBA play per year, including the playoffs:
-very few games with any UConn players lately;
-manufacturing "great" plays by requiring 4 steps before calling traveling;
-the "music" and sounds of a beating bass drum as the background for the 9 people chanting "defense"......
-the contracts which make it difficult for players like Latrell Sprewell to "feed their families". Horford, for example, will only have been paid $299,851,245 upon completion of his current contract. Imagine, he'll forever have to live with the stigma that he never made $300,000,000.

Reaction Score
Familiarity with OKC head coach from UConn days?

The rest of Kemba's NBA career will be more about which teams will take his contract vs his play on the floor. There's still gas in the tank with the right situation.
I doubt he’ll ever play out that contract

Reaction Score

Brad Stevens first move as GM is an absolutely horrible one. Kemba didn't have a great year but this trade makes absolutely no sense.

Salary dump. Makes sense, he clearly did not live up to his contract in Boston.

Reaction Score
Probably would have had his number retired if he stayed in Charlotte, but LaMelo Ball, surprisingly, very much has such an opportunity now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why? They probably grabbed Brown because of his value, not because they were looking to replace Time Lord.
Bob is due to be paid big soon.

And frankly is one of the other few assets they have left to pair with tt to add a rotation player

I expect Thompson to be on the block rather than Bob, unless somebody blows them away with an offer. Thompson doesn't really fit. Bob's passing ability really makes him a rare true 5 that can play in this offense. But then we don't know who is going to coach the team.

Reaction Score
Three main reasons I watch about 17 minutes of NBA play per year, including the playoffs:
-very few games with any UConn players lately;
-manufacturing "great" plays by requiring 4 steps before calling traveling;
-the "music" and sounds of a beating bass drum as the background for the 9 people chanting "defense"......
-the contracts which make it difficult for players like Latrell Sprewell to "feed their families". Horford, for example, will only have been paid $299,851,245 upon completion of his current contract. Imagine, he'll forever have to live with the stigma that he never made $300,000,000.
I agree with every thing you said but I am not interested in watching a 3 point shooting contest every game. Get rid of the 3 point shot and add some strategy to the game and maybe I will watch. And players complaining about every foul call against them.

Reaction Score
You can’t make that size of a contract and need as many games off as he required. Plus there were times where when he did play it wasn’t the old Kemba from Charlotte days.
Boston got out from under a terrible contract and unfortunately kemba gets shipped off to basketball purgatory. Was hoping if he was moved it could have been to a contender.

Reaction Score
You can’t make that size of a contract and need as many games off as he required. Plus there were times where when he did play it wasn’t the old Kemba from Charlotte days.
Boston got out from under a terrible contract and unfortunately kemba gets shipped off to basketball purgatory. Was hoping if he was moved it could have been to a contender.
The thing is with Kemba, being on a contender "exposed" him. He went from that plucky little engine that could down in Charlotte to a max contract player who is a total defensive liability with no knees. if he can tough out 5 more above-average years at a non-contender/borderline playoff team below the radar, he becomes a fringe-HOF guy with a pretty solid what could have been narrative. If he ends up on another contender, he falls back into his current overpaid, injury prone, one dimensional-player label and may not get much more than the vet minimum once his current deal ends. Its sad but Kemba isn't a championship level starter at this stage of his career.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Great opportunity for the Celtics with FA signings in 2022/3 and it will be good for Kemba.
Kemba can play with a coach he knows (Mark D was a student assistant at UConn) and it will give him the opportunity to have a good year and take advantage of FA in 2023 - his option year I think. Stevens respects Kemba and made sure he constructed a deal that kept Kemba's future very much in the mix.
The Celtics could no longer pay that money for someone who just doesn't fit in the roster, simply not enough of the basketball to share with Marcus, Tatum and Brown. If Prichard didn't have such a good year I don't think this would have happened.
Horford did well in Boston and there is no reason he can't be productive over next 3 years.
I would get rid of Fournier in a heartbeat - Thompson I would keep
The Celtics have just begun

the Q

Reaction Score
Great opportunity for the Celtics with FA signings in 2022/3 and it will be good for Kemba.
Kemba can play with a coach he knows (Mark D was a student assistant at UConn) and it will give him the opportunity to have a good year and take advantage of FA in 2023 - his option year I think. Stevens respects Kemba and made sure he constructed a deal that kept Kemba's future very much in the mix.
The Celtics could no longer pay that money for someone who just doesn't fit in the roster, simply not enough of the basketball to share with Marcus, Tatum and Brown. If Prichard didn't have such a good year I don't think this would have happened.
Horford did well in Boston and there is no reason he can't be productive over next 3 years.
I would get rid of Fournier in a heartbeat - Thompson I would keep
The Celtics have just begun

I think they’re toast the next 2 years, which is why the moving of 16 is brutal

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Probably would have had his number retired if he stayed in Charlotte, but LaMelo Ball, surprisingly, very much has such an opportunity now.
Ball will NEVER stay in Charlotte - his father will ensure that - its LA, Miami or NYC/Brooklyn bound and soon
That's the Ball family MO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom