OT: - Kemba traded to Thunder | The Boneyard

OT: Kemba traded to Thunder

Reaction Score
As a celtics fan I don’t like this trade at all. We’ll see how it works out I guess. As a UConn fan i’m always gonna root for Kemba no matter where he goes. Hoping he has a healthier season in OKC

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Wow. They gave up the 16th pick for cap flexibility I guess...interesting.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This is gonna be a 2-3 year stretch of mediocrity.

This draft had enough interesting youth that you could’ve found a really good player at 16.

Better than normal

I hope Mater is as good as advertised. He’s going to need to be

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
A valuable first to trade for a worse player with a similarly bad contract

At this rate Tatum gonna be the next star to want out

Reaction Score
As a C's fan, only thing I don't like about this is losing #16. Wonder how PG shakes out now. Pritchard full time? Smart primary PG? I like the potential of Moses Brown. I think Horford is a better player for the Celtics right now than Kemba. Overall? Kemba for Horford? I'm fine with that. #16 for Brown? Win for the Celtics.

Reaction Score
Not sure why everyone hates this trade. Kemba, as clutch as he was with UConn, was the exact opposite of that for the Celtics. He really struggled in the playoffs. Loved him at UConn and even in Charlotte, but he was really frustrating to watch in Boston. Some of that is likely related to injuries.

Moses Brown is also a very interesting prospect and he's only 21. Had a monster game against the C's earlier in the year, 21 points, 23 rebounds. I'd expect Tristan Thompson to be gone as well.

Reaction Score
Can we please get one story about a UConn alum in the NBA that isn't about them being washed up, a draft bust, or an analytics disaster? Feels like it's been years.

Bouknight needs to hit the ground running.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Yikes, a shame that Kemba burned his knees up in Charlotte and they were toast by the time he got to a good team.
Exactly. I also think the NYC asphalt courts are partly to blame for Kemba’s knee issues.

Reaction Score
Wow. They gave up the 16th pick for cap flexibility I guess...interesting.

And more like just saving some money for ownership than anything that will actually have an effect on cap space

Reaction Score
I assume this is just the beginning of many moves for Boston this summer. Unless they move Horford, they're only saving about $20m over two years with this move. Are there luxury tax implications?

Reaction Score
I assume this is just the beginning of many moves for Boston this summer. Unless they move Horford, they're only saving about $20m over two years with this move. Are there luxury tax implications?
Definitely expect another move. Boston has 3 guys they could start at Center right now. One of them has to go.

Reaction Score
God forbid the Knicks ever make a move for him. He'd shine in MSG like 2011. At least he would have before the injuries.
This would have been a very old Knicks move, it's a good thing they didn't do it (yet). I say yet because there's like a 1% chance Kemba ever plays a game for OKC

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I hate giving up the 1st rounder. We said they needed a 4 like Horford, so yes, they got that. They do save some money. Here is Al's contract. Al Horford Contract, Salary Cap Details & Breakdowns | Spotrac Moses Brown is evidently a second year player, a center who was undrafted out of UCLA.

If the Celtics believe in the Israeli PG + Pritchard, maybe this is a good move. But losing the pick hurts.

Reaction Score
Familiarity with OKC head coach from UConn days?

The rest of Kemba's NBA career will be more about which teams will take his contract vs his play on the floor. There's still gas in the tank with the right situation.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom