Kemba to Knicks | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kemba to Knicks

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have no interest in the Knicks, no matter who plays for them. Hope this works out for Kemba. I don't expect him to return to All Star form, but I really hope he plays well and has some success.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You switched NBA allegiances over an individual player?
LOL This.

Amazing.

As a 50 year Knicks fan ( save your pity, Im a Jets fan too, Im used to it) , I did root for Kemba to do well on the C's (and Charlotte) , but I could give 2 Chiefs about the success of those teams. Im a Knicks fan. The Celtics could put Okafor, Villanueva, Hamilton, Ray Allen, and Kemba on the floor as their starting lineup, but I still wouldnt root for Celtic success. Im amazingly confused by this.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
LOL This.

Amazing.

As a 50 year Knicks fan ( save your pity, Im a Jets fan too, Im used to it) , I did root for Kemba to do well on the C's (and Charlotte) , but I could give 2 Chiefs about the success of those teams. Im a Knicks fan. The Celtics could put Okafor, Villanueva, Hamilton, Ray Allen, and Kemba on the floor as their starting lineup, but I still wouldnt root for Celtic success. Im amazingly confused by this.

I definitely get this. But I’m in a unique (good?) position to not have a favorite NBA team, so I follow my guys.

Celtics had been my team with Ray, until he left, then I was a nomad. Charlotte was hopeless so I wouldn’t call them “my team” but during Kemba’s time I rooted for them. Now with Bouk and Kemba the 2 main alums left (and I liked Utah's team already so adding Rudy helps) I’ll root for Charlotte and to a degree the Knicks.

It's weird not having a favorite team, it's really the only sport I'm like that. My whole childhood I had a favorite as well (Charlotte). I definitely wouldn't be able to switch allegiances in other sports for 1 player, so I do get how weird it is.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately thats likely..

Ehh all those situations are different in their own ways and not really similar to this.

Francis was a terrible fit at the height of Knicks dysfunction and everyone knew it at the time. Tmac was strictly for getting his expiring contract had nothing to do with him as a player. And penny was a throw in from the marbury trade.

It would compare closer to getting Derrick Rose last year, or bringing in Jason Kidd. Low risk, lower expectations, but hopefully can play an important role

Reaction Score
LOL This.

Amazing.

Glad I was not the only one with this thought process.

I don't care how bad the Knicks are, have been, or will be, it is the Knicks for life. Though as someone who grew up in the '90s and has been spoiled by the success of UConn, the Yankees, and the Patriots, the Knicks' failures have been MUCH easier to stomach.

Reaction Score
You switched NBA allegiances over an individual player?
I can relate. I haven't had a favorite NBA team since the Sixers traded Barkley. I follow UConn players from team to team. I guess I'm a Knicks fan now. Celtics, it's been fun but gotta run..

Reaction Score
This makes up for the horrible Fournier pick up smh
Fournier was a perfect fit for the Knicks. Maybe I'd prefer 3 years instead of 4 but he was a great add

Reaction Score
Fournier was a perfect fit for the Knicks. Maybe I'd prefer 3 years instead of 4 but he was a great add
He barely did anything for the Magic/Celtics and had one great game vs USA …If the Knicks wanted give $80 million away should have signed Lonzo .

Reaction Score
The Kemba deal is a no brainer for the Knicks because OKC is picking up majority of the tab, great risk reward deal but I can't really make sense of the other deals. It seems like they're locked in with a lot of okay to solid rotation guys and they are devoid of any superstar...

Randle was great last year but will he get better. He played the most minutes in the league and it was by far the best he's ever played in his career. Will he replicate that, get even better or come back down to earth? As great as he was he still clearly isn't a first option on any contender, could only see him as a second option on a contender if he was with one of the elite superstars like Giannis, Luka, Durant. It seems like the Knicks are putting everything on Randle and especially Barrett making big leaps. I don't know what to make of Barrett.

I get creating a winning culture but there seems to be a clear ceiling on what this group can accomplish. I'm terrible at following the money/contracts, are they still positioned to get a top superstar next offseason?

Reaction Score
The Kemba deal is a no brainer for the Knicks because OKC is picking up majority of the tab, great risk reward deal but I can't really make sense of the other deals. It seems like they're locked in with a lot of okay to solid rotation guys and they are devoid of any superstar...

Randle was great last year but will he get better. He played the most minutes in the league and it was by far the best he's ever played in his career. Will he replicate that, get even better or come back down to earth? As great as he was he still clearly isn't a first option on any contender, could only see him as a second option on a contender if he was with one of the elite superstars like Giannis, Luka, Durant. It seems like the Knicks are putting everything on Randle and especially Barrett making big leaps. I don't know what to make of Barrett.

I get creating a winning culture but there seems to be a clear ceiling on what this group can accomplish. I'm terrible at following the money/contracts, are they still positioned to get a top superstar next offseason?
I agree Randle isn't a #1 option on a contender, but I also don't think there was any #1 option out there to get in FA this year.

As for still getting a top superstar next year, yes and no. They don't have the cap space to outright sign one in FA, but that doesn't seem to be the path teams take anymore. It all seems to be sign and trades and I think the structure of these contracts sets them up perfectly to make that kind of move. They're 2 year deals with a 3rd year option which will be very appealing to teams next year. Send them out to make they money match for a star, and the receiving team doesn't have to commit any money long term unless they want to pick up the options

Reaction Score
Finally.......Finally. Wish it was 10 years ago, but I'll take it.

Welcome home Kemba!!!

Reaction Score
Spike has got to like Kemba in the House. Just want K to enjoy the backend of his NBA career where his BB career all began.

Hope it works out.

Reaction Score

No- unless they don’t resign Randle- they do have a lot traceable assets though- the guys they just re-sign are on really two year deals because the third year is a team option. Fournier is the signing that hurts- 4 year deal with team option after 3rd year- just never have seen Fournier make an impact on a team regarding wins & losses- but we will see.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Seems like for the Knicks it's been two decades of waiting for the next free agent class to land the superstar. Closest they've gotten was Amar'e.

Reaction Score
Knicks just signed Randle to a team-friendly extension. That extension and the Kemba signing are the only moves they made this offseason that I'm really excited about. Would like to think the team will be better next season, but it's hard to say for sure since they way over-achieved this year. I'll be really happy if they make the play-offs and Kemba has a nice bounce back.

Reaction Score
Having watched a lot of Kemba on the Celtics the last couple years, I think he is going to do GREAT for the Knicks. Kemba is still an elite scorer in bursts and a good team defender. He is not a 30MM/yr player that he needed to be for the Celtics to retain him and contend. On the Knicks he can play fewer minutes, the responsibilities and the team expectations are lower. And he'll definitely get an extra boost playing at MSG which he's always loved. And he's such a good character guy that regardless of what he does on the court he'll contribute to feel good atmosphere and what the Knicks are truly building for 1-3yrs down the road. Win-win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom