Kemba being traded? | The Boneyard

Kemba being traded?

Reaction Score

I hope he isn't already in the twilight of his career. (and bounces back for a strong 2021-22 season)

Hope he goes to a winner.

Where do you think he ends up?

Reaction Score
I do think he's approaching the twilight of his career. He's a small guy who relies on his quickess--that isn't a recipe for a long career.

I don't think he's going anywhere for the Celtics though. Brad isn't going to trade him when his value is the lowest it has been in a decade.

Reaction Score
If Tatum and brown keep improving which they should, there’s no excuse for the Celtics to be a .500 team. Those two guys should be two of the top 20 players in the league. Kemba just hasn’t been healthy. It’s bad luck. Now that he will have a real off season I expect him to be on a mission next season. I think he will be the Celtics for next season at least.

Reaction Score
They'll definitely try to move him but there won't be much of a market for him. 31, can't stay remotely healthy at this point, huge contract

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Definitely seems like an ideal 6th man or back up PG who can give you solid minutes when healthy but no where near being able to be counted on for 30 mpg over 75 games or so a season.

Figure out how to be his version of Derrick Rose.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also, this is an early indication of how Stevens would construct a team as compared to how Ainge did construct the team.

Not that any other option besides Stevens wouldn't also look to get rid of Walker's contract, but rather the old adage of new boss not being tied to old boss's decisions.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Didn’t Stevens prefer Hayward to Jimmy Butler? What does that say about his acumen? He better nail the coaching hire.

Reaction Score
As a Uconn fan I obviously adore Kemba and named my dog after him but Kemba has been a disaster for the Celtics between knee issues and inconsistent play. If they want to trade him they'll probably have to give some other team a pick just to take him.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Kinda hard to predict Hayward would have that devastating ankle injury. They would have had to give up assets to trade for Jimmy vs. just signing Hayward for nothing but $.

Yeah. In theory they could’ve done both if timed properly.

But they also lose brown

danny was proven right by how little butler went for the next year (yes it was the 7th pick, but they also gave back the 17th.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Kinda hard to predict Hayward would have that devastating ankle injury. They would have had to give up assets to trade for Jimmy vs. just signing Hayward for nothing but $.
Say Hayward never gets hurt. You would have still preferred Hayward? Butler's a warrior.

the Q

Reaction Score
Say Hayward never gets hurt. You would have still preferred Hayward? Butler's a warrior.

It’s Hayward and multiple players picks or butler though

Reaction Score
What team would trade for him? He has a terrible contract, he is 31, has knee issues -and didn’t have a good year. Unless the Celtics take a bad contract in return I guess.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
danny was proven right by how little butler went for the next year (yes it was the 7th pick, but they also gave back the 17th.
Butler took his team to the Finals kicking Danny's ass in the process. How does that prove Danny right? Think about it. Danny "fleeced" the Nets and the Nets are much better now. The Heat did a complete rebuild while Danny spent years "managing assets" and are better than the Celtics now.

the Q

Reaction Score
Butler took his team to the Finals kicking Danny's ass in the process. How does that prove Danny right? Think about it. Danny "fleeced" the Nets and the Nets are much better now. The Heat did a complete rebuild while Danny spent years "managing assets" and are better than the Celtics now.

The Celtics has two max players suffer fluke career altering injuries

And another max player go insane

They also would’ve cost them Hayward and jaylen brown to get the deal done.

And you ignore that butler forced his way out of not one, but two teams before landing in Miami. He easily could’ve been another kyrie for the Celtics.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And you ignore that butler forced his way out of not one, but two teams before landing in Miami. He easily could’ve been another kyrie for the Celtics.
I don't ignore that, that's all that Boston talk radio would talk about when the trade was discussed. Sully and Mikey constantly harped that Butler was one of those "Bad" guys you didn't want. Turns out that was all nonsense. He's no Kyrie, never was. The C's went for the "the don't put W and L's on the paycheck" guy.

the Q

Reaction Score
I don't ignore that, that's all that Boston talk radio would talk about when the trade was discussed. Sully and Mikey constantly harped that Butler was one of those "Bad" guys you didn't want. Turns out that was all nonsense. He's no Kyrie, never was. The C's went for the "the don't put W and L's on the paycheck" guy.

He left a Philly team where he was the man on a contender who was 1 rim bounce away from the finals to go to Miami.

I’m not sure what Boston would’ve offered him that was better than that anyway.

the Q

Reaction Score
At what point do people start thinking that young core who couldn’t do anything with Kyrie or Kemba may be the issue?
I’m torn on this.

let’s not forget they made an ecf run without hayward or kyrie.

I’m not convinced hayward was ever 100% in Boston

and pgs who are so ball dominant like Kemba and kyrie haven’t meshed well with the kid wings, and smart hasn’t been a good enough shooter to make teams pay.

there’s been some bad luck. But the defense falling apart this year is also an issue.

but the kids have been tuning Brad out since the bubble.

which is a shame. I think spoelstra is the only coach who out coached him his entire playoff career, and spo had the veterans who lead the way.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Kemba and the Celtics with Tatum, Brown and Smart just isn’t a good fit Love Kemba and Love the Celtics. Kemba needs to go. Kemba most likely knows the reality of the situation. Very unfortunate for all involved

Reaction Score
Celtics need a knock down shooter PG who can also get guys the ball in their spots. Tatum is going to initiate the majority of offense, so don't need a scoring or necessarily a playmaking PG (although that always helps). Lonzo Ball if his recent shooting is true would be a nice fit. Jrue Holiday obviously. Maybe Brogdon.

the Q

Reaction Score
Celtics need a knock down shooter PG who can also get guys the ball in their spots. Tatum is going to initiate the majority of offense, so don't need a scoring or necessarily a playmaking PG (although that always helps). Lonzo Ball if his recent shooting is true would be a nice fit. Jrue Holiday obviously. Maybe Brogdon.

they had their chance to get jrue.

brogdon and Lonzo are exactly it. But they really can’t get ball. A sign and trade would hard cap them and that’s gonna be tough. And NO would end up close to the tax line taking kemba.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It Is all about the knees. Cant have your 3rd best player and PG playing every other game. He’s a good fit when healthy. He’s just never been healthy In Boston. His knee issues seem chronic to me. It’s been two years now and he is still sitting out playoff games.

I doubt they can move his contract without taking back another player who isn’t also failing to live up to a big contract. I don’t think that makes Boston better, but they know more about his health than we do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom