Katie Lou to the Rescue | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Katie Lou to the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
What we are witnessing is the evolution of a very, very talented ballplayer. As has been said before, the jump from high school to D1 basketball is monstrous. The demands of not only practice, travel and games, but the class load is a great deal to balance as a freshman.

Last night Lou showed she is so much more than a 3 pointer shooter - and a very good one by the way. I was most impressed with the first breakaway she had down the court. She got the pass, turned, saw a clear path to the basket and the rest we saw - a layup. The speed with which she went from mid-court to the basket I had not seen before. The girl is fast!

And let's face it, last night's game was a barn burner.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1- Jefferson
2- Nurse
3- Samuelson
4- Stewart
5- Butler
Really? You're thinking Geno is gonna sit Tuck? Really? You're gonna take a 4th year JR, one of the leaders of the team, quite possibly an AA candidate and sit her for a Soph who you've never seen play for UCONN? Really? SMH

Also - another thought on Butler. For a while she was projected to come back in late December, well after the 12/5 ND game. I was thinking Geno might have liked the idea of not showing his 'true center' lineup to ND in that game - wait and let them see it in the inevitable NC game with them. That inevitability may have changed now with the Turner and Reimer injuries (?? Muffet seems to be going "Belichick" on their status). But maybe he's sticking with that plan despite Natalie's unexpected early availability.....?
You think Geno is going the "don't show my hand" route? Really? When has he ever done that?

Geez people. I hope this is on your Christmas list.
Clue1.jpg

Reaction Score
Just wondering, perhaps, Bruno has gotten so close to Geno that he has figured out his 'thought process' in his game plans that Bruno is much more prepared to counter Geno team's play. Read, that it was simply that the individual play ability of the players of UConn helped win the game vs. DePaul. Hmm, 'Familiarity breed contempt'. Just wondering !

Reaction Score
Just wondering, perhaps, Bruno has gotten so close to Geno that he has figured out his 'thought process' in his game plans that Bruno is much more prepared to counter Geno team's play. Read, that it was simply that the individual play ability of the players of UConn helped win the game vs. DePaul. Hmm, 'Familiarity breed contempt'. Just wondering !
Last night was fun. The DePaul girls were really good. BUT Bruno's coaching was AWESOME. I've never seen anything like it.
Even Geno got a bit flustered. Finally. When the games are close. Geno becomes the sixth player. Fun Fun Fun.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
KLS will be starting before the season is done

"She is too good to not start." ;)

I posted that early and often, and more recently noted that she is transitioning into an honest-to-God Badass. (I offer the 4th quarter vs. DePaul as evidence.) :)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I think Geno would love it if more teams played UConn that way. Challenging for the team, and way more exciting than what UT-Chattanooga tried to do.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
"She is too good to not start." ;)

I posted that early and often, and more recently noted that she is transitioning into an honest-to-God Badass. :)
I don't think she'll start unless there are injuries, but I could be wrong. I think Geno loves having instant offense off the bench.

Reaction Score
Re: KLS shooting. Thought I heard one of the announcers say KLS had a injured finger on her shooting hand. Anyone else hear that?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Two things I especially liked about Lou last night:

1. She looked as if she knew exactly how to break a press and had done it many times before. Very cool under pressure.

2. She got to the top of the key for a 3-pointer. That is the best angle, one that she hasn't used much, if at all, this season. And the result was good!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't think so. I think Bruno saw that he needed to try something different. He tried 5 in 5 out & trapping it worked for a half. That his team shot lights out from 3 point line in the first half was a bonus-. Same shots DePaul took last year were falling his year. I don't think anyone has figured out Geno, Maybe Harry at Villanova when he had good teams.

Reaction Score
DePaul has pretty much given us good games. I may be misremembering the one where Maya, I believe, ran full court after a DePaul breakaway, to swat the ball away from behind to save the game.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Not so sure he'll pull Gabby at this point- he likes freshmen coming off the bench. And I think he may like her Collier playing together off the bench. U may be right. Because Gabby is an impact dynamic talent that he would normally like to bring off the bench too.

More important who finishes than who starts. That's the real test. Are you out on the floor in crunch time?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
DePaul has pretty much given us good games. I may be misremembering the one where Maya, I believe, ran full court after a DePaul breakaway, to swat the ball away from behind to save the game.
Maya got the steal and timeout with us down by 1. Ketia then drove the length of the floor, using her speed, for the game-winning basket.

Reaction Score
Re: KLS shooting. Thought I heard one of the announcers say KLS had a injured finger on her shooting hand. Anyone else hear that?

Yes. She has the index finger on right hand taped at the middle joint. She has had it for at least the last 3 games. Evidently, it was mangled in practice.

Reaction Score
A very cool customer( especially for a freshman), with a complete game. Reminds me of another #33 ,who played ball in this part of the country.

Reaction Score
But there was so much more to the end of that game than that....

Way more for sure. I remember sweating it out while watching it the first time. I just sweated it out again. :eek:
Bruno sure is a good coach. So close. Can't count that guy out, ever.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Two things I especially liked about Lou last night:

1. She looked as if she knew exactly how to break a press and had done it many times before. Very cool under pressure.

2. She got to the top of the key for a 3-pointer. That is the best angle, one that she hasn't used much, if at all, this season. And the result was good!

She had that look in her eye, didn't she. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She had that look in her eye, didn't she. ;)
Maybe it was because she was rested, but she had a facial expression of calm and confidence. I thought her face revealed a bit of uncertainty earlier in the year, but last night it said, "I can do this."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom