Karl Hobbs to Georgia Tech | The Boneyard

Karl Hobbs to Georgia Tech

Reaction Score
unfortunately, yes
He can always say something like "Under Steve Pikiell our coaching staff has had coaches who helped players go on to earn over $1 billion collectively in the NBA."

Reaction Score
He can always say something like "Under Steve Pikiell our coaching staff has had coaches who helped players go on to earn over $1 billion collectively in the NBA."
As long as there are pictures of rip ray and kemba in the background, i'm cool.

Reaction Score
Steve can replace him with Taliek.
We need all UConn guys somewhere else than Rutgers, not more. Unfortunately Pikiell has a massive buy out so its unlikely another school poaches him for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
This is a strange move if voluntary
Isn’t that a lateral move or even downward ? B1G to the ACC .
He was making very good money at Rutgers . We all understand it is a difficult place to succeed at but it’s close to NYC and New England. Going to the deep South for a Boston guy is a big move .
Although GT is in urban Atlanta .
Or is it because the AD put pressure on Steve to make changes for someone with a higher recruiting profile. We will see by the hire if it is a salary cutting or higher profile recruiter type move . Talek would be a huge salary reduction move.
The competition for Northeastern players is tough and got tougher with the Pitino hire st SJ’s and UConn success.
Maybe I’m over analyzing this
he might just be , at 60 just setting up for retirement move south.
I’ve always followed his career with interest since he came over to us at the shoot around and signed a program for my Son back in the early 1980’s. I still have itvin my collective stuff .

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Best of success to KH as AHC

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He was making very good money at Rutgers . We all understand it is a difficult place to succeed at but it’s close to NYC and New England. Going to the deep South for a Boston guy is a big move .
Or is it because the AD put pressure on Steve to make changes for someone with a higher recruiting profile. We will see by the hire if it is a salary cutting or higher profile recruiter type move . Talek would be a huge salary reduction move.
The competition for Northeastern players is tough and got tougher with the Pitino hire st SJ’s and UConn success.
I’ve always followed his career with interest since he came over to us at the shoot around and signed a program for my Son back in the early 1980’s. I still have itvin my collective stuff .

If you think Atlanta is the Deep South…

And yes, you are over analyzing all of this.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If you think Atlanta is the Deep South…

And yes, you are over analyzing all of this.
wasnt Atlanta the capital of the Union?????????????????????

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

This is a weird move to be making at 60. Pikiell has a lifetime contract, which is a big plus for an assistant. As much fun as it is to mock Ruttie, it is a Big 10 school in a great recruiting area. The Big 10 has great money, great TV and the rest of the league isn’t that good. Rutgers has a lot going for it.

Or go to Georgia Tech, where even Bobby Cremins missed the tournament 4 years in a row.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Or go to Georgia Tech, where even Bobby Cremins missed the tournament 4 years in a row.
I have a buddy who knew enough basketball to be dangerous. He said he ran into Cremins at the luggage carousel. He said, "I know you! You're Denny Crum!"

Reaction Score
I have a buddy who knew enough basketball to be dangerous. He said he ran into Cremins at the luggage carousel. He said, "I know you! You're Denny Crum!"
How could your buddy forget the white hair of Cremins?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How could your buddy forget the white hair of Cremins?
That's what I meant about "just enough", he recognized the hair, choked on the name. He got the consonant sound right. Bobby's reply, "I wish!"

Reaction Score
Isn’t he an assistant coach to Rutgers. New job is Associate head coach that’d be a promotion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom