Karem Kanter | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Karem Kanter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How did this whole "UCONN" spelling start around the country? Has it never not been "UConn"?
Where? Other than in Storrs, and when the University of Connecticut's fonts and style guidelines were standardized around 2013-14 along with Nike's re-branding input? Historically, the Storrs Agricultural School ("SAS") was not even a university when founded with the Storrs' brothers land donation and approval of the CT State Legislature. Even many years after being re-christened as the University of Connecticut, the "UConn" acronym had not been adopted and references to the school remained wildly inconsistent.

Around the university, among Huskies' sports teams, etc., good or bad, standards which may have existed were quite dynamic across the years. Since 2013-14, not only was the block C killed, use of "Connecticut" faded away, Jonathan the wimpy Samoyed or Samoyed/Siberian mix white husky logo was replaced by the current fiercer Siberian husky logo, specific standards were established for use of "UConn" (mostly in writing) versus "UCONN" (branding, logos, etc.).

You asked ... see the link above

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
How did this whole "UCONN" spelling start around the country?
Has it never not been "UConn"?
Freshman English teacher at the Waterbury branch tought us that it is spelt UCONN. Things could have changed over the last 52 years. God, I am old!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Is this kid related to the Kentucky kid from a few years ago?

Reaction Score
I like his scoring prowess even if he might be a defensive liability, reminds me of young more aggressive olander. Idk it seems a long shot but westbrook and KO are still tight and enes is best buds with RWB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom