Kara Wolters SNY | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kara Wolters SNY

Reaction Score
A number of years ago, I looked at my granddaughter’s AP English book, and there was a song by Bruce Springsteen in it. I said, “Ooh, there’s a song by Bruce Springsteen!” And she said...

“Who’s Bruce Springsteen?”
I had a similar experience about 40 years ago when I worked at Hartford Stage. Some kids were in, probably working a changeover between shows, and Paul McCartney came up, and we were talking about some of the great Beatles songs and the kids had blank expressions on their faces, then one piped in ' oh, wasn't't that the group he was with before wings?' Unbelievable!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Considering that it was FOX's first ever broadcasting of a women's college basketball game, I gave them a pass because many of the viewers may have been watching UConn and/or DePaul for the first time. I think they tried to bring the viewers up to speed on the women's game, especially those that have never watched before.

Reaction Score
Funny, chem [and math] were my best subjects, my major(s) in college .. I taught math at Christ the King HS where Chamique, Sue Bird & Tina Charles attended. I also coached for the Liberty Belles AAU, the farm team for all those CTK national championships, eh?
Both of my daughters played hoops at CTK.
So you know something about women's basketball, eh?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Considering that it was FOX's first ever broadcasting of a women's college basketball game, I gave them a pass because many of the viewers may have been watching UConn and/or DePaul for the first time. I think they tried to bring the viewers up to speed on the women's game, especially those that have never watched before.
I believe the broadcast was the first on the National network Fox station - the one that has NFL games, TV programs, NASCAR, etc. However I believe the two game announcers have done plenty of broadcasts on FS1, FS2 and Fox Regional Sports Networks before the game on Fox.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom