Kara Lawson - Starting off on the right foot SPEECH | The Boneyard

Kara Lawson - Starting off on the right foot SPEECH

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well she's wearing her mask wrong..., Get a different mask Kara.

Those mask's whose logos are in the center and look like an open mouth drive me nuts. Can't you put the emblems symmetrically to the sides / corners.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Is there another Tenn grad that Boneyarders root harder for? Is there another Tenn grad that Boneyarders wish to see have more success? Is there a Tenn grad that Boneyarders have more esteem for? I think not.

Reaction Score
I like Kara Lawson although she is a Lady Vol. She played hard and she was great on TV - no question about it. She may become a great coach.
If needed, she could change her height. She was listed at 5ft 9 at Tennessee. She lost an inch and won the Frances Pomeroy Naismith award restricted to players 5ft 8 or shorter. Then she went back to Tennessee (?) and gained that inch back. She was listed at 5ft 9 in the WNBA.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is there another Tenn grad that Boneyarders root harder for? Is there another Tenn grad that Boneyarders wish to see have more success? Is there a Tenn grad that Boneyarders have more esteem for? I think not.
Tamika Catchings. Kara and Catch seem to be the 2 that most UCONN fans really like...

It's all puppies and kitties with Kara until she gets a recruit that Geno really wanted. Or Duke beats UCONN.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Kara Lawson is liked and respected on this board. The general consensus here is despite the fact that she went to Tennessee, it will not be held against her. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That manner of communicating with her players will get her lots of recruits but the real test is what she's able to achieve with them. That will take a couple years to evaluate but she sounds like she's got a great mindset.

Reaction Score
Not sure I agree with what she said about you can make everyone work hard just by giving them a task to do with constraints, etc.... That happens every single day in the workforce and yet there are many more people who don't work hard than people who do.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Tamika Catchings. Kara and Catch seem to be the 2 that most UCONN fans really like...

It's all puppies and kitties with Kara until she gets a recruit that Geno really wanted. Or Duke beats UCONN.
Neither of those may happen until after Geno retires. However, I think her respect for both Geno and Pat will go up after a few seasons on the sidelines. Way up.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
That manner of communicating with her players will get her lots of recruits but the real test is what she's able to achieve with them. That will take a couple years to evaluate but she sounds like she's got a great mindset.

One can only assume that a number of ranked recruits will seriously consider playing for her. I expect her to do very well on the recruiting circuit for years to come. The school sells itself. The question is do the top ranked players WANT to play for HER? :rolleyes: I believe she'll run a clean program free of controversy player complaints.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like Kara and wish her well. Her speech here was pure Geno. She has done her homework and taken the wax on wax off of her past coaches.
The water / Gin & Tonic cup has to go. Other than the whistle you have nothing the players do not. You show respect to get respect.
I'm sure she will do fine and I will take a beating here for my opinion.... ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
That speech was FIRE!! She is going to be one heck of a coach. Get the players to buy in, develop that culture, and 2-3 years this Duke program is going to be scary good.

JB, I think the more up and coming young girls see her in games, video clips and interviews in the months and years to come, many of them (and their parents) are going to be drawn to her and Duke like a moth to a flame.

She has “curb appeal.” All she has to do is win, and create a winning culture. The rest will take care of itself.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That speech was FIRE!! She is going to be one heck of a coach. Get the players to buy in, develop that culture, and 2-3 years this Duke program is going to be scary good.
That speech means she is good at speaking, something we already knew. It remains to be seen whether or not she will be a good coach. I would like to see her become one. She seems to be a very classy person.

Reaction Score
I like Kara and wish her well. Her speech here was pure Geno. She has done her homework and taken the wax on wax off of her past coaches.
The water / Gin & Tonic cup has to go. Other than the whistle you have nothing the players do not. You show respect to get respect.
I'm sure she will do fine and I will take a beating here for my opinion.... ;)
I believe she just stopped in to speak to the team before a workout since by rules she can't conduct the workout. That would explain the coffee container.

Reaction Score
Just like Kara's speech focuses on comparing hard work and competitiveness, too many confuse being a strong public speaker and coaching (i.e. x's and o's). Will likely take 2-3 years before we know if her recruiting, coaching, and motivation skills are all on a high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom