Kansas Dec 1 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kansas Dec 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just paid $700 a ticket for Upper Level 7 tickets. Good things flights and hotels are dirt cheap.
They are on sale already? I hope my friends can come through for me.

Reaction Score
If KU fans are negative about UConn take it as they are acknowledging our success. When I lived in KCK prior to 99 their fans were cordial towards UConn but rather indifferent. Seeing a game at Allen would be a special experience. They have great fans. Would be nice to start a rivalry and play them in games that matter.

Reaction Score
One of my Operation 351 goals this year to visit UCONN away games for teams that I have not seen yet (Marquette, Butler, Xavier, and Creighton) and sandwich with at least 2 other games in the area. Three game trips are a must to economize on travel and hotel costs.

Reaction Score
One of my Operation 351 goals this year to visit UCONN away games for teams that I have not seen yet (Marquette, Butler, Xavier, and Creighton) and sandwich with at least 2 other games in the area. Three game trips are a must to economize on travel and hotel costs.

I went to Butler last year. It was honestly a great arena to catch a game. I might try Xavier, Marquette, or Butler again this year.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If KU fans are negative about UConn take it as they are acknowledging our success. When I lived in KCK prior to 99 their fans were cordial towards UConn but rather indifferent. Seeing a game at Allen would be a special experience. They have great fans. Would be nice to start a rivalry and play them in games that matter.
A lot has changed. I left the KC area in 96. We hadn't won one yet. Indifference is about right. UConn was known as a good program, but there was no history with KU. Just the two games. Since then we've won 5 titles. Kansas fans pay attention to college basketball just like we do. I doubt there is indifference now. This will be a big deal. I think the prices reflect that.

Reaction Score
Good to recently hear from a former work colleague / non-Kansas alum / Jayhawks season ticket holder offering a couple tix. Alive and well, I'll be back at Phog Allen for a 2nd time. This time, with much better tickets, and rooting on our National Flag Blue (blood) and White good guys.

Reaction Score
I hate Gottlieb but that tweet was not anti-UConn, it was taking a shot at Kansas
How? He tweets that UCONN is losing there as I read it. Away game K should be favored anyway but what kind of thing is that to say in June? It must irk him that we have 5 same as Duke!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The Oread Hotel. It's a mile walk to Allen Fieldhouse.
Nice choice. Near my friend Jeff's old apartment. Kind of looks over the Campanile Hill and football stadium. It is hilly between there and AFH. If you want to check out an old time dive/sports bar, The Wheel is walking distance. It's like KU's Ted's since 1955. Reasonable chance the ESPN crew or people like Jason Sudekis could be there. You can easily walk down 11th to downtown Mass Street, but most of the good restaurants/bars and music venues are a little farther north on Mass, so uber might be better.

Reaction Score
How? He tweets that UCONN is losing there as I read it. Away game K should be favored anyway but what kind of thing is that to say in June? It must irk him that we have 5 same as Duke!
He's an Oklahoma State guy who hates Kansas. That's why he made the comment about 5on8Phog at the end. He's not taking a shot at UConn or saying we're worse than Kansas, he's saying they're going to get home cooking from the refs to make sure they win the game

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You serious bro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr