Kansas Dec 1 | The Boneyard

Kansas Dec 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Flights out of Boston are direct and very cheap right now. Very close to pulling the trigger just wish my wallet had a little more time to recover after Houston.
No kidding. I spent quite a bit of money and went mid-budget by driving and staying in decent but no high-class hotels. Well worth it. Hopefully soon my voice will recover.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Love the shot at KU's home-cooking from the OSU guy.

That OSU guy is still embarrassed about the game against Kansas he entered with his shorts on backwards.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It appears that Gottlieb has finally gotten over his need to knock UConn at any opportunity. Yes, he does know basketball (it would be nearly impossible to be the type of PG he was, at the level he played without having a very high understanding of the game) but he has often pulled out some schtick to justify some ridiculous prediction. Bucknell over UConn in 2011 comes to mind, but there were others.

He would have more credibility if he didn't let some petty agendas influence his commentary

Reaction Score
It appears that Gottlieb has finally gotten over his need to knock UConn at any opportunity. Yes, he does know basketball (it would be nearly impossible to be the type of PG he was, at the level he played without having a very high understanding of the game) but he has often pulled out some schtick to justify some ridiculous prediction. Bucknell over UConn in 2011 comes to mind, but there were others.

He would have more credibility if he didn't let some petty agendas influence his commentary

What was his "petty agenda" being advanced in picking against UConn 12 years ago?

There is not, in fact, a nationwide conspiracy among members of the media to disparage Connecticut basketball.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What was his "petty agenda" being advanced in picking against UConn 12 years ago?

There is not, in fact, a nationwide conspiracy among members of the media to disparage Connecticut basketball.
Not sure what crawled up your downspout but.....

I never stated any conspiracy. I have however heard numerous disparaging remarks from Gottlieb towards the school the basketball program and the athletic programs in general for more than a decade and a half.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Actually this is kind of disrespectful. We are the national champions this game should be a home game for UConn. Another example of what we have had to overcome. How can Shaka not be playing in Texas. Kansas probably complained or it had something to do with Shaka. I mean he did coach at Texas right? What’s Kansas like 150 and 2 in their last 152 games in Allen. The more I think of this the less it makes sense.

pj

Reaction Score
Actually this is kind of disrespectful. We are the national champions this game should be a home game for UConn. Another example of what we have had to overcome. How can Shaka not be playing in Texas. Kansas probably complained or it had something to do with Shaka. I mean he did coach at Texas right? What’s Kansas like 150 and 2 in their last 152 games in Allen. The more I think of this the less it makes sense.

This is absurd. Should everyone respect us, and give us 30 home games? But then how would we be prepared for adversity / hostile crowd / NCAA tourney? Think of how much the "disrespect" from the officials in January toughened this team up and prepared them for an NCAA championship.

I think it's great to get to play in Allen Fieldhouse. And don't mistake, as two "blue bloods," we and they are rivals now.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This is absurd. Should everyone respect us, and give us 30 home games? But then how would we be prepared for adversity / hostile crowd / NCAA tourney? Think of how much the "disrespect" from the officials in January toughened this team up and prepared them for an NCAA championship.

I think it's great to get to play in Allen Fieldhouse. And don't mistake, as two "blue bloods," we and they are rivals now.
Ok we can have your opinions as I can. If the challenge becomes a yearly event let’s see how many good big 12 teams play us in conn. I don’t think we need to get 30 home games but when you start a league vs league competition, we should get to choose. Let’s see what happens when we play.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Can confirm from the KU perspective, they hate Duke and Kentucky. They have faced Duke in the tournament a lot. Scheduled them this year and a few years ago. Recently they have been scheduling Kentucky home and home for several years now (Adolph Rupp is also from KS).

UNC is a weird case, because Dean Smith is from KS and played at KU under Phog Allen. Larry Brown was a UNC alumni. Then Roy Williams was a UNC alumni too. They don't play UNC.

The point is, there is a bit a of a "club" and if UConn can break into it, and get regular home and homes with UK, KU, UNC, UCLA and IU, that would be good for us.

pj

Reaction Score
Can confirm from the KU perspective, they hate Duke and Kentucky. They have faced Duke in the tournament a lot. Scheduled them this year and a few years ago. Recently they have been scheduling Kentucky home and home for several years now (Adolph Rupp is also from KS).

UNC is a weird case, because Dean Smith is from KS and played at KU under Phog Allen. Larry Brown was a UNC alumni. Then Roy Williams was a UNC alumni too. They don't play UNC.

The point is, there is a bit a of a "club" and if UConn can break into it, and get regular home and homes with UK, KU, UNC, UCLA and IU, that would be good for us.

I would love that. Regular KU home-and-homes would be awesome. Duke didn't do home-and-homes in the northeast but maybe with K gone they will change that. Kentucky, I'm less enthusiastic while Calipari is there. UCLA and IU might help build our Big Ten relationships and national brand. There's a lot of B10 teams I'd enjoy playing (Rutgers and Penn State and Maryland for the northeast recruiting rivalries, Michigan/Mich St/Ohio St/Illinois/Wisconsin all have basketball history).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom