Kansas Dec 1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kansas Dec 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hate how the cameras are on the same side as the bench for Kansas home games. For whatever reason I like seeing the bench and coaches while the game is being played

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Actually this is kind of disrespectful. We are the national champions this game should be a home game for UConn. Another example of what we have had to overcome. How can Shaka not be playing in Texas. Kansas probably complained or it had something to do with Shaka. I mean he did coach at Texas right? What’s Kansas like 150 and 2 in their last 152 games in Allen. The more I think of this the less it makes sense.

What a wild thing to get worked up about. We had a home game for the B12 challenge this year. It is supposed to alternate between home and road every year. It was our turn for a road game.

Now because of scheduling this stuff for 22 teams they do break the integrity of the home vs road if they have to, but they try not to. Saying this is a sign of disrespect is really reaching deep into a well that is born of something that I certainly want to know nothing of.

Im glad its on the road. Lets take down Kansas for our first time in a building they never lose at. Sounds like a fun challenge to me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually this is kind of disrespectful. We are the national champions this game should be a home game for UConn. Another example of what we have had to overcome. How can Shaka not be playing in Texas. Kansas probably complained or it had something to do with Shaka. I mean he did coach at Texas right? What’s Kansas like 150 and 2 in their last 152 games in Allen. The more I think of this the less it makes sense.
This is consistent with the official NCAA rule that Kansas gets to play all of its games at home. Honestly, it felt like every time I watched a highlight package for a Kansas game on ESPN or wherever this season, they were playing at home. Rules are rules.

Reaction Score
Can confirm from the KU perspective, they hate Duke and Kentucky. They have faced Duke in the tournament a lot. Scheduled them this year and a few years ago. Recently they have been scheduling Kentucky home and home for several years now (Adolph Rupp is also from KS).

UNC is a weird case, because Dean Smith is from KS and played at KU under Phog Allen. Larry Brown was a UNC alumni. Then Roy Williams was a UNC alumni too. They don't play UNC.

The point is, there is a bit a of a "club" and if UConn can break into it, and get regular home and homes with UK, KU, UNC, UCLA and IU, that would be good for us.
Read the Jayhawks message board, they hate us.

Reaction Score

Was reading a bit last night. I think they respect 5 titles in 6 final 4s but their whole argument revolves around how many wins the bluebloods have historically and final 4s and all the times we've failed to make the tournament. I dont really care to be honest. Winning Championships to me trumps what we did in the 40s and 50s.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They never did in the past. So that's probably good. Send a link with examples. They have more than one board.

August_West

Reaction Score

Man I just spent 30 minutes on Phog. Those people are losing their minds that we have won 5. Pretty frickin insecure fanbase for a supposed "blueblood"

Reaction Score
Wow. Went onto their message board. I figured Kansas fans knew college basketball. Very clueless fan base.

Reaction Score
It is great to get a game in Allen Fieldhouse. One of the few OG arenas still remaining. The Pitt (still open), Allen, Hinkle and one in the ACC. Definitely great places to forge toughness.

Reaction Score
I guess I fell asleep at the wheel, Houston is joining the Big 12? Wonder if this will change things for them? Better or worse?

August_West

Reaction Score
Wow. Went onto their message board. I figured Kansas fans knew college basketball. Very clueless fan base.

They make Kentucky fans seem incredibly rational and intelligent for sure.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
They make Kentucky fans seem incredibly rational and intelligent for sure.
I don't think that's the main board. I went there too. The thread was sad, all the "descendants of Phog Allen and Naismith" nonsense. I have never, ever met an actual KU fan who thinks like that.

The stuff about consistency is valid, but UConn is no less consistent than UCLA and IU, so a few of them fall back on that almost literal "blue blood" stuff and limit it to KU, UK and UNC. Weird take. Not one I've ever heard before.

Reaction Score
I don't think that's the main board. I went there too. The thread was sad, all the "descendants of Phog Allen and Naismith" nonsense. I have never, ever met an actual KU fan who thinks like that.

The stuff about consistency is valid, but UConn is no less consistent than UCLA and IU, so a few of them fall back on that almost literal "blue blood" stuff and limit it to KU, UK and UNC. Weird take. Not one I've ever heard before.
We are new blue bloods like Musk, Gates & Bezos, not like the Rockefellers, DuPonts & Vanderbilts :)

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
We are new blue bloods like Musk, Gates & Bezos, not like the Rockefellers, DuPonts & Vanderbilts :)
It's somewhat dumb. New money doesn't act that way. But when you're the aristocracy and the merchant class now has more money than you do, you hang on to pointless titles of nobility. They don't really need to. I don't think many KU fans share that view, even if they are proud of their role in the history of the sport.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I’m surprised that there were any negative comments about our playing at Allen Field House. I may be alone, and I doubt it will happen, but I am a bit apprehensive that at some point over the next six months we may hear that the game will be played in Kemper. I want the historic venue and the program that calls it home.

We have played Indiana at Assembly Hall (regardless of where anyone wants to place that program today) and UNC at the Dean Dome. What I have for a bucket list (after we play Kansas) is Duke at Cameron and Kentucky at Rupp (tournament games against other schools do not count).

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
What a wild thing to get worked up about. We had a home game for the B12 challenge this year. It is supposed to alternate between home and road every year. It was our turn for a road game.

Now because of scheduling this stuff for 22 teams they do break the integrity of the home vs road if they have to, but they try not to. Saying this is a sign of disrespect is really reaching deep into a well that is born of something that I certainly want to know nothing of.

Im glad its on the road. Lets take down Kansas for our first time in a building they never lose at. Sounds like a fun challenge to me.
Not sure it is as simple as that. And not worked up just stating a point of view that some seem to agree with. I would love to do a home and home series with them. But your comment about where this comes from and your connotation is both interesting in a way I don’t want to know more of and kind of funny when you think of some of the threads that are currently running. It’s not dark it’s just common sense. If UConn is a bit down next year like some have suggested might happen and there is history that could happen then playing them in Allen could be an ugly game. As National Champs we should have gotten the first choice, not given the worst draw of any team in the BE. Let’s see what happens, maybe it’s an opportunity to shine and beat them in their house.

August_West

Reaction Score
As National Champs we should have gotten the first choice, not given the worst draw of any team in the BE.
Humor Boomer GIF

Reaction Score
40 miles from one of my consulting gigs - will definitely have to make this game in person!!

Reaction Score
I am going, cleared with wife. Now just need to get tickets and travel partners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom