Kansas Dec 1 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Kansas Dec 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How? He tweets that UCONN is losing there as I read it. Away game K should be favored anyway but what kind of thing is that to say in June? It must irk him that we have 5 same as Duke!

Why would Gottlieb care how many titles UConn has relative to Duke? He has no connection to Duke. He is pretty obviously referring to the home cooking KU gets.

Reaction Score
It doesn't really seem like it

Far less than many boards I've been on. For what it's worth, it always makes me smile when people say four of our five national championships were due to luck.
1687092698680.gif

Reaction Score
When I used to work on Campus there occasionally it reminded me of UConn. I am not an alumni but used to visit my older siblings there in the 70s. Lawrence reminds me of a small New England city. I discussed this with a KU employee a few years ago and he said it something to do with Kansas aligning with the North while MO aligned with the confederacy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When I used to work on Campus there occasionally it reminded me of UConn. I am not an alumni but used to visit my older siblings there in the 70s. Lawrence reminds me of a small New England city. I discussed this with a KU employee a few years ago and he said it something to do with Kansas aligning with the North while MO aligned with the confederacy.
Lawrence was founded by people from Massachusetts. Its whole existence came about because abolitionists from New England moved there after the Kansas - Nebraska act in 1854, to ensure it became a free state. John Brown among them. The university was started by New Englanders as well.

The streets that run north-south are named for states, roughly in the order that they became states, with Massachusetts being essentially “Main Street”. That stops at Iowa, which is also more or less the western edge of campus. Makes it pretty easy to navigate. The Oread sits in between Indiana and Louisiana.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Got a couple a few weeks ago. They are going up so get em now. Could be 1 vs 2
I really need to confirm that my friend had this covered. I'll be bummed if I miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom