Juwan Durham update?? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Juwan Durham update??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A chair would out rebound him? He averaged more rebounds per 40 than Hamilton last season.

It would only take him two or three games to earn 40 minutes. I think yale had more rebounds then us last year. Did we Crack the top 25 teams in rebounding? No ...

Reaction Score
A chair would out rebound him? He averaged more rebounds per 40 than Hamilton last season.

This is how these stupid fights start on these recruiting threads. Sorry. Facey is a rebounding god... I was wrong

Reaction Score
This is more reason why I think KO has a backup plan if AB leaves. We would only have one guy who can play the center position on the roster. I mean KF can play there as needed but isn't a long term solution next year there. It will be interesting next month or so to see what happens with our Center position.
We need muscle whether AB leaves or not. I hope that Enoch can be significant down low but it's one of the well documented weak areas we had to address along with point guard (Gilbert). I'm on edge as I guess everyone else is.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Correlation ≠ causation, and the sample size is pretty small, but wasn't our best non-conference win (Texas) with Facey at center?
How the heck do you make a not equal sign? Never mind. I've figured out a way.

I'd have to dispute the "correlation does not equal causation" statement. Correlation may or may not be equal to causation. It should always be considered indeterminate at least from a scientific point of view.

As an aside I've argued your point of view and stated that just because the lights come on when I turn on the switch doesn't mean the supposed knowledge of electrical generation with all the apparatus between it and my light switch is the reason for the light coming on. There may be some other reason for the event happening such as we can just be living in that one universe in which light switches magically create light or the light was coincidently about to come on at that specific moment anyways and all the rest is a Rube Goldberg set up to throw us off track. But I will concede that correlation of light in this example is extremely likely to be from the causation of generators and less likely from magic or coincidence.

Reaction Score
Well Facey can't play the four with Brimah at the five. The other teams big would never have to leave the paint.

Who do You want at backup 5 Enoch? He showed flashes but not a ton. Could definitely develop and pass up Facey this off season tho.

Reaction Score
Well Facey can't play the four with Brimah at the five. The other teams big would never have to leave the paint.

Who do You want at backup 5 Enoch? He showed flashes but not a ton. Could definitely develop and pass up Facey this off season tho.
Enoch will definitely adequate to backup the 5. AB will start and SE will backup him up and give offense at least. Worst case scenario is we might have to see KF play some center if both get into foul trouble or we play a very small team.

Reaction Score
He's going to be very good for us
Given his injuries and missing his senior year I think he is going to be the steal of the class being that he dropped do much in rank. This kid is crazy talent and just overall seems like he has a really good head on his shoulders. Super excited to see him play. I may sound crazy but if health is not a factor, this kid is going to be a major contributor for this team this season. I'm looking for to seeing him on the floor.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I agree he will be a special player - assuming no ACL setbacks. He is a kid that is smart in his approach to the game. There will be a strong bias to play him unless doctors recommend not to. The calculus is if healthy he will leave early so the redshirt won't give him another playing year. I believe he is a two and done - but is the type of kid who might like the college scene - so could possibly add a year to that.

Reaction Score
I realize he's playing in a non contact, don't get hurt type of run there but man the kid oozes talent. And to top it of, I repeat he seems to be one of the absolute best overall kids that has ever been recruited to come to Storrs. Can't help but root for a healthy career from here on out for this young man, and a successful one to boot.

Reaction Score
He gives us a lot. Imagine him at the three! The end of this coming season will be reminiscent of 2003! 2017-18 is going to be a great season

Reaction Score
He gives us a lot. Imagine him at the three! The end of this coming season will be reminiscent of 2003! 2017-18 is going to be a great season

I'd rather imagine him at the 4. I know he has a nice jumper, but I don't see him playing the 3 at all.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Well spoken young man. Noticed he was cutting and moving well.

"I don't recommend that everyone tear their ACL but..." Haha he has a great sense of humor too. Already love this kid's personality.

Well spoken indeed. Has a great head on his shoulders. Glad he could find humor in his situation and not sulk. Finding ways to improve his handle and outside shot while hurt... Wow, that shows Juwans determination and drive to improve. This kid is already a favorite of mine and he's not even on campus yet.

Wishing him nothing but the best and a speedy recovery. Juwan has UConn written all over him.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Love this kid already, and he looks great on the court even at 75%. His shooting stroke looks nice, he seems nimble and coordinated which is a great trait to have at his size. If there are no setbacks, I really think Juwan could be starting toward the end of the year. Someone else said it and I couldnt help but agree, he could be the steal of the class. We forget he was a consensus 5* and around a top 20 player before his injuries.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Man, I am so optimistic and excited after this update. Great piece by whoever put it together. Smart, well spoken kid who has a bright future.

pj

Reaction Score
Awfully skinny, seems like with that plus the knees a redshirt year is a real possibility. But other than that, looks like a real talent and a great person.

C

Chief00

Awfully skinny, seems like with that plus the knees a redshirt year is a real possibility. But other than that, looks like a real talent and a great person.

Actually, I do see a frame on the kid that can be built on. So it's up to him and our strength program to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom