Juwan Durham update?? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Juwan Durham update??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mau ... on the mauconn scale ... is Juwan Durham really 6'11"?
I saw him at the union with Altirique and Mamadou and he was at least 2 inches taller than Mamadou Id say 6'10 maybe 6'11

Reaction Score
He's been away from the game for a long time so I'm trying to temper my expectations but can't help being excited about Juwan. He's the most talented offensive big we've brought in since Charlie V and Donyell and he is a great kid, incredibly mature and well spoken for someone his age.

Agree here. I think it's going to take awhile to get back into basketball shape, but I think we can expect big things from him.

Reaction Score
he was measured at 6'10 with a 7'2 wingspan...three years ago. he is probably near 6'11 with 7'3-4 winger by now, KO is gifted with two bigs (enoch too) who have tremendous physical tools. Durham was such an intriguing prospect at like 14 and 15, him healthy with proper weight training could launch him into legit top tier nba prospect territory. also only 18

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Facey, but he has a short leash with me. We have 3 guys(Enoch, Durham, Diarra) who look like serious players, not to mention Jackson, who is likely to play some 4.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
If Facey turns out to be our best player this season then it means that the season as a whole was likely a disaster by pre-season expectations and we miss or narrowly missed the tournament. There's simply no way we will be successful with a 4th year Facey going from under 5ppg to best player territory.

Reaction Score
If Facey turns out to be our best player this season then it means that the season as a whole was likely a disaster by pre-season expectations and we miss or narrowly missed the tournament. There's simply no way we will be successful with a 4th year Facey going from under 5ppg to best player territory.
Not going to read the whole thread but who said Facey is going to be our best player? Facey will have a role but I'm certainly not penciling him in for a starting spot. If he is one of our 5 best players we are most likely in trouble.

Reaction Score

So... what do you make of 2006 when Hilton Armstrong turned out to be our best big? Going into the season, I would have put him 4th behind Josh Boone, Jeff Adrien and Ed Nelson. Turned out Hilton was the best big on that Final 8 team.

Reaction Score
Not going to read the whole thread but who said Facey is going to be our best player? Facey will have a role but I'm certainly not penciling him in for a starting spot. If he is one of our 5 best players we are most likely in trouble.
or finally everything comes together for him and he's one of our 5 best players and we have a great year.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
or finally everything comes together for him and he's one of our 5 best players and we have a great year.
Give me 6-8 points a game with the same amount in rebounds with 2 blocks. Granted, that depends on how the other front court players do

Reaction Score
If Facey can put up 7 and 7, which he is capable of doing, I'll he happy.

Reaction Score
Everything with Facey is about confidence. He can hit that 10-15 mid range jumper if he doesn't hesitate and is confident. When he's tentative on offense, it shows, and he is a weak link. I expect a very fine senior year out of Facey. Durham hasn't played in 2 years. The adjustment period for him will take a bit. If Facey steps up and proves himself in the early season and gives Durham time to develop that will be huge come February/March having a more developed Durham as a backup 3/4/5 off the bench.

Reaction Score
Could be but he will have to improve a lot to be better than Jalen, Rodney, Larrier, Brimah and Alterique. Should be some serious battles in practice between Facey, Enoch, Durham and Mamadou.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Really? so it is absolutely possible for Facey to have a breakout season, lead the team in bounds, average double figure scoring and in doing so, every other player will suck and the team then will fail. You see, Facey will be selfish and never share the ball, yep that's his MO. God I hope not because that would be shades of Hilton's senior year. Boy did that team suck.
What end of the body did your opinion come out of?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Facey's shot at being the best player on this team is close to zero given the amount of talent he has around him that's already shown it in games (Adams, Purvis, even Brimah to a certain extent) and is coming in with more accolades than anyone in the past few years (Gilbert). However, it's very much a possibility that he can put up 7 and 7 and give the team productive minutes at the 4 (hopefully Brimah and Enoch can hold down the 5). My man Hilton, Gavin Edwards...it's happened before. Not saying it's a certainty, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Reaction Score
I don't think Facey's ever been a truly great fit here. If he had gone somewhere else, played primarily the five his whole career and had a little more rope working through his defensive shortcomings, I could have seen him as a double-double type guy for a solid mid-major.

His biggest problem is that he has never been compatible with Brimah, which eats away at his minutes at the four. When Brimah was out, he had, I thought, one of his best games as a Husky in the win @ Texas. In other games, like against Georgetown, he lost minutes to Phil Nolan...which shouldn't be happening but again re-enforces my point about the rope he didn't get here relative to somewhere else.

Facey may get a few token minutes alongside Brimah at the four this year, but I think that experiment is mostly over. That means he's in a no man's land of not being quite as good as Brimah and not being able to do enough to function as a four. That'll likely leave him as a seventh man type, which is more than fine for us...but I'm sure he didn't envision that being his role as a senior when he committed here.

We still don't really know, though. It could turn out that we strike gold with a Durham/Facey combo or something of the sort. He, as a senior, is still in that weird category where we don't really know what we're to get, and that has as much to do with the way the team has been constructed around him as it does anything else. He could play 30 minutes or he could play 5 and I wouldn't be surprised, there are conceivable scenarios at both ends of the extreme - perhaps the newcomers - Diarra, Durham, Vance, Larrier - gobble up his minutes. Or, maybe one of the newcomers make Facey a better fit @ the 5 in some instances than Brimah. KO will have a lot of juggling to do on this front.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Really? so it is absolutely possible for Facey to have a breakout season, lead the team in bounds, average double figure scoring and in doing so, every other player will suck and the team then will fail. You see, Facey will be selfish and never share the ball, yep that's his MO. God I hope not because that would be shades of Hilton's senior year. Boy did that team suck.
What end of the body did your opinion come out of?
I love posts like this. Point to one extreme anomaly to justify the defense of a very low likelihood scenario. Boy I hope I never have to trust any of you guys with my investments, you'd probably invest every last dime in shares of Kodak or AOL.

If you want to really know why I think that, it's simply because Facey isn't that guy. The game at this level is more than just ability to rebound and finish layups. In the 3 years we have watched KF, confidence in his game and bball IQ have been his biggest drawback like someone above said, not his skill and certainly not his physical tools. Yet he's never really put it all together and often regresses through the season, that points largely to a mental barrier to being great, he's only played bball at this level a handful of years it's understandable.

Also if KF is our best player, then it means that our most dynamic play maker Adams wasn't, or our most proven scorer Purvis was a dissapointment. Both of which would hurt the team's potential for winning big games moreso than a highly improved KF would help that same team win those same games. In my opinion, this team will be at its best if one Adams, Purvis or Larrier emerges to become our best player. For Adams that comes with leadership, and distribution at an elite level (for Adams he doesn't need to lead in ppg to be our "best player"), and for Purvis and Larrier the title of "best on the team" would come with being the leading scorer all season long by a significant margin, showing we have a "go-to scorer" which we have desperately lacked since we lost Boatright, his heroics easily won us 3-4 games alone that year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love posts like this. Point to one extreme anomaly to justify the defense of a very low likelihood scenario. Boy I hope I never have to trust any of you guys with my investments, you'd probably invest every last dime in shares of Kodak or AOL.

If you want to really know why I think that, it's simply because Facey isn't that guy. The game at this level is more than just ability to rebound and finish layups. In the 3 years we have watched KF, confidence in his game and bball IQ have been his biggest drawback like someone above said, not his skill and certainly not his physical tools. Yet he's never really put it all together and often regresses through the season, that points largely to a mental barrier to being great, he's only played bball at this level a handful of years it's understandable.

Also if KF is our best player, then it means that our most dynamic play maker Adams wasn't, or our most proven scorer Purvis was a dissapointment. Both of which would hurt the team's potential for winning big games moreso than a highly improved KF would help that same team win those same games. In my opinion, this team will be at its best if one Adams, Purvis or Larrier emerges to become our best player. For Adams that comes with leadership, and distribution at an elite level (for Adams he doesn't need to lead in ppg to be our "best player"), and for Purvis and Larrier the title of "best on the team" would come with being the leading scorer all season long by a significant margin, showing we have a "go-to scorer" which we have desperately lacked since we lost Boatright, his heroics easily won us 3-4 games alone that year.
Again, where is this Facey as our best player talk coming from? I think it's crazy to think he'll be one of our top 3 players based off of what he's shown. Did someone actually say he'll be our best player this year or did you just create this situation in your head and post it here for argument's sake?

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Again, where is this Facey as our best player talk coming from? I think it's crazy to think he'll be one of our top 3 players based off of what he's shown. Did someone actually say he'll be our best player this year or did you just create this situation in your head and post it here for argument's sake?
Honestly I'm trying to find the post in question but I don't see it on page 6 or 7, maybe it was deleted because Huskyforlife brings up Facey in the post before mine but there's no mention of him above it.

I could also very likely have seen that said in a different thread and posted the reply here, it's been a long day. If it was actually never said then I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom