Just want to say | The Boneyard

Just want to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've noticed a couple of posters endure some noteworthy thumpings on here this week (not that this is a new phenomenon for the Yard), and I'm sure they know who they are. Just want to say that you have my support. I like that you stick your necks out to create threads and posts that you know will generate some blow back. It helps to keep this place lively and interesting. And, to my way of thinking, it's is a major part of what a sports forum should include. Do your thang.......it's whatcha gotta do. :D

Reaction Score
I've noticed a couple of posters endure some noteworthy thumpings on here this week (not that this is a new phenomenon for the Yard), and I'm sure they know who they are. Just want to say that you have my support. I like that you stick your necks out to create threads and posts that you know will generate some blow back. It helps to keep this place lively and interesting. And, to my way of thinking, it's is a major part of what a sports forum should include. Do your thang..it's whatcha gotta do. :D
Agree - this board is better for all the diversity of opinion, schools supported, etc.

Or... We could just stamp out all dissenting opinion, and any suggestion that UCONN is not, by definition, the supreme "right" in the universe - in all things athletic, academic, and everything else too - in fact the ony thing that matters, not be be challenged or even questioned. Yeah - let's do that!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I've noticed a couple of posters endure some noteworthy thumpings on here this week (not that this is a new phenomenon for the Yard), and I'm sure they know who they are. Just want to say that you have my support. I like that you stick your necks out to create threads and posts that you know will generate some blow back. It helps to keep this place lively and interesting. And, to my way of thinking, it's is a major part of what a sports forum should include. Do your thang..it's whatcha gotta do. :D

dap-o.gif

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I hadn't noticed.

Reaction Score
As long as the attacks are not directed at players (their personal lives and such rather than their game)I have no problem. Other than that message boards are for people with differing opinions to discuss women's basketball (and the only place I have to discus these things). Heated arguments are par for the course, this board is far more respectful than the Hockey ones I frequent.

Reaction Score
As a racer, most of my "forum" time is spent on Yellow Bullet, "Where the weak are killed and eaten".

I know I haven't been here very long, but I've yet to see what I would classify as a REAL thumping. Folks here are so polite, it's almost refreshing.:p:D

Reaction Score
I am so glad this site supports non mainstream ideas with out condemnation and minimal recriminations. Military style programs to support team building have become a popular pre basketball camp option for more and more teams. The posting of this thread has given me the encouragement and courage to suggest an entirely new innovative concept. Team building via mass baby harp seal clubbing's while uttering blasphemous curses and racial slurs.

Reaction Score
I am so glad this site supports non mainstream ideas with out condemnation and minimal recriminations. Military style programs to support team building have become a popular pre basketball camp option for more and more teams. The posting of this thread has given me the encouragement and courage to suggest an entirely new innovative concept. Team building via mass baby harp seal clubbing's while uttering blasphemous curses and racial slurs.
Someone blasphemed me once.

ONCE!!!!

JS

Reaction Score
The posting of this thread has given me the encouragement and courage to suggest an entirely new innovative concept. Team building via mass baby harp seal clubbing's while uttering blasphemous curses and racial slurs.
And while so engaged, will the participants be wearing ISIS Rocks T-shirts?

Last edited:

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
... this thread has given me the encouragement and courage to suggest an entirely new innovative concept. Team building via mass baby harp seal clubbing's...
Marines vs Badguys.JPG

-Suggesting it at UConn seems an unfortunate choice.
-Huskies training with US Marines.
-US Marines have indeed dealt with seal-clubbing, since 1891.
-Their idea of a club sport, is transforming the clubbers, into clubees.
-Coming in 2nd Place in a pugil-stick contest is not motivating as it’s cracked up to be .as it sounds .... a suggested way to keep an open mind .
;)

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The BY is a fun place to hang out, except when it isn't.

Do you know that in all the seasons that RU played UConn and there was a rendition of the BY - I never once read the game thread?

There are tricks to keeping it fun.:)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

Do you know that in all the seasons that RU played UConn and there was a rendition of the BY - I never once read the game thread?

I don't read them either... I like to enjoy the game

Reaction Score

KB: A little OT, but congrats on U of A taking down Oregon just now

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I try to do the same thing... heck... after the Duke/UCONN games I try to avoid any sports related websites... and all newspapers for at least 3-5 days :oops:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As long as the attacks are not directed at players (their personal lives and such rather than their game)I have no problem. Other than that message boards are for people with differing opinions to discuss women's basketball (and the only place I have to discus these things). Heated arguments are par for the course, this board is far more respectful than the Hockey ones I frequent.
Attacks shouldn't be aimed at other posters, either, nor should visiting fans be thumped just for supporting a team other than UConn.

A good rule of thumb is, if you wouldn't say what you want to say to a person's face or in front of your spouse/child/parent, you probably shouldn't say it.

Reaction Score
As a racer, most of my "forum" time is spent on Yellow Bullet, "Where the weak are killed and eaten".

I know I haven't been here very long, but I've yet to see what I would classify as a REAL thumping. Folks here are so polite, it's almost refreshing.:p:D
If you want to see a thumping.... blame Geno for the end of the UCONN - TENN series. :eek:

Reaction Score

I think one of thumpings you refer to was one poster who expounded the virtues of one player multiple times in multiple threads every day for about a week. People just got tired of it. While most people agreed with the poster about the player they just got feed up with the repetitive posts.

Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If you ever think you are getting thumped here, just spend five or ten minutes surfing the men's board. When you come back here, your bruises will have ceased to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom