Just waitin for this afternoons game | The Boneyard

Just waitin for this afternoons game

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Today is the reason why so many super talented kids came to UConn. They came for games like this. UConn @ ND and nationally televised. I wonder if Allie will be there? I gotta wonder if any other recruits will be there. Keep you eyes on the seats behind the UConn bench.

This is a huge game. I read some thread about ND having all those tall players. I think ND has to worry about how theyre gonna stop UConns ariel attack. Those tall girls at ND will have to come out and guard our quick shooters and get back on our fast breaks. I dont think they can. If UConn comes out shooting and gets hot the ariel show will be like the fireworks goin off on the 4th of July. At some point in the game UConns gonna get it going and then just hold on to your seats.

Reaction Score
I get nervous every time they play ND; especially at South Bend. That is a hostile crowd. Although I’m sure Geno has prepared the newbies it’s different when you’re there. Good thing the refs don’t tolerate flops anymore since ND were experts at it.

AE needs to have a big game again in the post.

Reaction Score
A "hated rivals" game such as this UCONN@ ND or vs TN, vs SoCar, adds so much to the game!
UCONN fans don't just want to win they want a 25 to 30 point kicking A!
UCONN's defense has been awesome!
Too many scorer's for ND to stop!
"UCONN's defense has been awesome!" - exactly, and the difference maker! While its comforting to know we've been shooting lights out this year (hmmm, can we say, Azzi, Lou & Aaliyah to start with;)), our defense focus this year has been impressive!

Reaction Score
If UConn is hitting at a 50-60% clip like they have been, this one won’t be close. Lots of scenarios can play out. In the end, realistically, UCONN should win by 10.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I get nervous every time they play ND; especially at South Bend. That is a hostile crowd. Although I’m sure Geno has prepared the newbies it’s different when you’re there. Good thing the refs don’t tolerate flops anymore since ND were experts at it.

Somebody help me out. Why is it when ND goes to Hartford or Storrs for a game, their fans and players are not subjected to the same treatment UConn and its fans get when they visit Purcell Pavilion?

I’ve read Comments here from fans that attended games in South Bend. Not one was complementary. I would like to attend a UConn game there to see for my self exactly what kind of reception the fans and team receive.

I would like to hear from any UConn fans that attend the game today or have in the past on the atmosphere in the arena, relative to how they felt being there. How were they received being in the arena wearing UConn gear?

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
"UCONN's defense has been awesome!" - exactly, and the difference maker! While its comforting to know we've been shooting lights out this year (hmmm, can we say, Azzi, Lou & Aaliyah to start with;)), our defense focus this year has been impressive!

Geno has said during TV interviews that he is impressed and happy with his team’s defense. That’s rare. Most BB coaches are never happy with their team’s defense. This could be a long day for the Irish. Let’s hope it is.

Reaction Score
A "hated rivals" game such as this UCONN@ ND or vs TN, vs SoCar, adds so much to the game!
Do we hate SCar? They’ve been nothing but respectful in winning and losing. Dawn respects Geno. Not good to hate winners. TN, that’s another story all together. Lol

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

If I recall correctly, some UConn freshmen had awesome games there, Christyn most recently. A sophomore Kelly Faris went off in South Bend, too.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Do we hate SCar? They’ve been nothing but respectful in winning and losing. Dawn respects Geno. Not good to hate winners. TN, that’s another story all together. Lol
I was thinking the same @Mdoggie. SC players are not showoffs or shown to be bad people. Although I do hate ND and Tennessee, I have a lot of respect for the SC players, Dawn, and their fans. This is a great rivalry without the crap. Just basketball.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Idle musings while waiting for 3:00.

ABC...a national network...won't be aware of some things we Boneyarders are.
I'm hoping for some special visitors behind our bench. Ayanna's folks...Ashlynn and her folks...
KK and her folks and Allie and her folks. All from the midwest...maybe the miles are too many for the Wisconsin families.
I hope any Boneyarders who manage to get seats will be on the lookout and report back here postgame. I figure
they have a moral...if not legal...obligation to do so.

Hmm...we play at Marquette/at DePaul/at Butler as well later this season. Maybe some further get-togethers of our mid-west Huskies. Hmmm #2...share some rides...break some bread with each other...become Huskie families thru and
thru.

As UConn fans...dang...are we not lucky to be such?

Hmm #3...mercifully the last one.

Season 24-25:

UConn guard corps

seniors Azzie...Caroline to fill in with guard-like abilities as needed.
junior Ines
sophs Ashlynn and KK
frosh Allie...anybody else?

Pretty spiffy I would say.

Reaction Score
Somebody help me out. Why is it when ND goes to Hartford or Storrs for a game, their fans and players are not subjected to the same treatment UConn and its fans get when they visit Purcell Pavilion?

I’ve read Comments here from fans that attended games in South Bend. Not one was complementary. I would like to attend a UConn game there to see for my self exactly what kind of reception the fans and team receive.

I would like to hear from any UConn fans that attend the game today or have in the past on the atmosphere in the arena, relative to how they felt being there. How were they received being in the arena wearing UConn gear?
A number of years ago, I attended "The Battle In Seattle" which was UConn Men versus Gonzaga. I just had on a UConn cap, but the Gonzaga Fans were so boorish and rude, that the experience has soured me regarding Gonzaga for years. Is this what occurs at ND?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Idle musings while waiting for 3:00.

ABC...a national network...won't be aware of some things we Boneyarders are.
I'm hoping for some special visitors behind our bench. Ayanna's folks...Ashlynn and her folks...
KK and her folks and Allie and her folks. All from the midwest...maybe the miles are too many for the Wisconsin families.
I hope any Boneyarders who manage to get seats will be on the lookout and report back here postgame. I figure
they have a moral...if not legal...obligation to do so.

Hmm...we play at Marquette/at DePaul/at Butler as well later this season. Maybe some further get-togethers of our mid-west Huskies. Hmmm #2...share some rides...break some bread with each other...become Husky families thru and
thru.

As UConn fans...dang...are we not lucky to be such?

Hmm #3...mercifully the last one.

Season 24-25:

UConn guard corps

seniors Azzie...Caroline to fill in with guard-like abilities as needed.
junior Ines
sophs Ashlynn and KK
frosh Allie...anybody else?

Pretty spiffy I would say.
I would like a post game report from any boneyarders that attend today’s game. We’ll get a perspective from them we won’t get from anyone else. We circle games on our calendar too. This is one of them.

Reaction Score
A number of years ago, I attended "The Battle In Seattle" which was UConn Men versus Gonzaga. I just had on a UConn cap, but the Gonzaga Fans were so boorish and rude, that the experience has soured me regarding Gonzaga for years. Is this what occurs at ND?

I've been to a couple UConn ND games in south bend as I don't live very far from ND campus.

Most older fans are usually ok. It's the younger fans, 20-40 yr olds are usually the terrible people. Last time I went was 6 years ago and when 1 dude about 5 rows in front of me saw UConn attire he started to get pissed and started talking trash at me.

When we were winning by a substantial margin he left early and I started saying that the game wasn't over and where were you going.

Suddenly he didn't want to talk.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Shrugs. Make sure we have a “hated“ rival anymore Tennessee’s irrelevant and we don’t play Notre Dame enough now that we’re no longer in the same conference. South Carolina is somewhat of a rivalry given that those are big games on both teams schedules and there is the potential to meet more than once a year, but I think it’s a rivalry based on mutual respect. Don’t get me wrong, I want to beat South Carolina every time up, but I don’t grudge them their success. They earned it.

Reaction Score
Today's game will be a great way to evaluate how well players have changed this year, who has really stepped up, and a learning chance for new players....Notre Dame at home has always been, at the very least, challenging, hostile, and intense.
God Of War Fight GIF by PlayStation

Reaction Score

Relax. We usually beat ND at South Bend. Let me be nervous for you.

Reaction Score
The title "Idle musings " give me a chance to post, last night I watched Penn State play Minnesota in a women's BB game. The game was fantastic and a Thriller right to the end. Minnesota won 98-96. It went to double overtime and Minnesota was in the 4th quarter and double overtimes shot 23 of 25 from the foul line, Penn state wouldn't give up and kept tying the game. In the first overtime PS was ahead by 2 with3.1 secs on the clock. Minnesota had the ball and when the player started down court she was fouled. Made both. Second overtime PS was behind by 2 with 8.1 secs on the clock and tried to go full court and score and missed. Minnesota got the rebound,game over. One of the best BB game i've ever seen. Kudos to both teams for fantastic efforts and comeback. If it's on You Tube ,It's worth watching. P.S. Minnesota was 28 of 32 free throws in the game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The title "Idle musings " give me a chance to post, last night I watched Penn State play Minnesota in a women's BB game. The game was fantastic and a Thriller right to the end. Minnesota won 98-96. It went to double overtime and Minnesota was in the 4th quarter and double overtimes shot 23 of 25 from the foul line, Penn state wouldn't give up and kept tying the game. In the first overtime PS was ahead by 2 with3.1 secs on the clock. Minnesota had the ball and when the player started down court she was fouled. Made both. Second overtime PS was behind by 2 with 8.1 secs on the clock and tried to go full court and score and missed. Minnesota got the rebound,game over. One of the best BB game i've ever seen. Kudos to both teams for fantastic efforts and comeback. If it's on You Tube ,It's worth watching. P.S. Minnesota was 28 of 32 free throws in the game.
There is a link to a General Women’s Basketball board at the top of this UConn page if you would like to discuss non-UConn games. Fans of all teams hang out there.

Reaction Score
There is a link to a General Women’s Basketball board at the top of this UConn page if you would like to discuss non-UConn games. Fans of all teams hang out there.
My apologies Husky Nan. I am still new at this posting . Thanks for the tip,but I only felt like posting this one game because it was so exciting. Won't happen again.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My apologies Husky Nan. I am still new at this posting . Thanks for the tip,but I only felt like posting this one game because it was so exciting. Won't happen again.
There’s no problem. I just thought you’d get more discussion of the game on the sub-forum. I’m not “yelling” at you, I’m just sharing some info in case you weren’t aware of the other board

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom