Just wait 'til these two are both wearing UConn unis | The Boneyard

Just wait 'til these two are both wearing UConn unis

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Looking at the future here.

In his postgame comments, Auriemma praised Stewart both as a player and person, and talked about why he and his staff recruited her:
"Breanna, if she was 5-10, she’d still be one of the best players in America. She’s so competitive and skilled and has a really good understanding of the game and her effect on the game. It’s tough being a freshman at UConn, and she’ll find that out because the expectation level is really, really high and there will be times where she can’t meet those expectations.
"But, if you were to draw up something to say, what does a kid need to come to UConn as a post player or a wing or anything -- because she can play any position she wants -- what does that person need? And she’s got all those qualities. She’s an even better person than she is a basketball player, and you don’t find that too often – but we’re lucky in how we happen to find those kids."

10486828-large.jpg

Reaction Score
The gracious way she reacted to the fans at the Syracuse game leads me to think that she's got those personality qualities that we want to see in a UConn player. Geno's remarks about her basketball skills just double the compliments!

If I'd known she was going to be with the team in the arena after the game, I would have hung around longer. :)

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
KML is so pretty! Totally OT, I know.

I loved that play she made when she missed a layup and then tipped it back one-handed as if it were nothing. Can't wait to see her and Breanna together! Can't wait to hear how Bob butchers all those names...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Those two, with Bria and Stef and Kelly and Moriah and Morgan and...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
KML is so pretty! Totally OT, I know.

I loved that play she made when she missed a layup and then tipped it back one-handed as if it were nothing. Can't wait to see her and Breanna together! Can't wait to hear how Bob butchers all those names...
Brianna, Breanna, Bria, Kiah, Kaleena, Kelly... we need some more kids with "different" types of names. Diamond and Taya are pretty different! ;)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Is it against NCAA rules to send her a couple cases of Ensure every month, to sip on while she's walking around between classes???? :p

10486828-large.jpg

ensure_vanilla__23047_zoom.jpg

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I guess UConn will bring their "A" game with BriA, KaleenA, BriannA, BreannA, KiAH, MichalA, and MoriAH. Reminscent of players of the past, like RebeccA, NykeshA, KarA, TinA, MayA, SvetlanA and, of course, DianA.

Coached by AuriemmA, assisted by MorissA and SheA (doesn't rhyme, but she gets a pass).

Reaction Score
Brianna, Breanna, Bria, Kiah, Kaleena, Kelly... we need some more kids with "different" types of names. Diamond and Taya are pretty different! ;)
There was a time I thought we might go after Brianna Butler, then you have Sierra Calhoun 2014;) Sara OT but I agree with you talent wise and she is pretty:)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
other teams are going to be asking the same question when she's on the court... "there must be two of them"...
How good is Breanna? Two good.

[The reason I asked about "two" earlier was that the picture didn't open. :)]

Reaction Score
Is it against NCAA rules to send her a couple cases of Ensure every month, to sip on while she's walking around between classes???? :p

She really is skinny. I was surprised. But that was one way I recognized her.

sTu

Reaction Score
Looking at the future here.

Nan,
A little furthur with good fortune in the future. One of DeShield's stated wishes is to play with a really good point guard like I think it was Massengale, Hartley, and well Moriah. :) With DeShield's speed and athleticism Moriah is one of a few that will be out front with her. If/when Moriah is ready, that will be something with the quality folks around her.

10486828-large.jpg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She really is skinny. I was surprised. But that was one way I recognized her.
Get her in a college S&C program, and she'll gain the right of weight/muscle for her at the right time. In the interim, I think she'll be a lethal help defender in the post even if she won't be able to body up from Day 1 on the bigger bigs. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Her physique is that of an international level high jumper. Don't mistake thinness for lack of strength, I expect that she is very athletically strong.

Reaction Score
There was a time I thought we might go after Brianna Butler, then you have Sierra Calhoun 2014;) Sara OT but I agree with you talent wise and she is pretty:)

If Uconn offers Sierra Calhoun, she would prbably committ within 2 months of the offer IMO

Reaction Score
if she does the USA U18 team, i dont think she'll be able to do summer classes and training

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
There are two summer sessions, so she could do one. And USA basketball will take care of what team summer pick up games don't. Can't wait to see her take on Griner someday. And I bet she can!

Reaction Score
If Uconn offers Sierra Calhoun, she would prbably committ within 2 months of the offer IMO
I agree with you that if we offer Sierra,I suspect from her father's comments,her brother Omar is going to play for the mens team in 2012,her liking CT that she will accept in a shorter period than that;) Since she is a SO,we are working on 2013,I do not think we will be offering for some time! Unless she is in fact viewed of the caliber of DD
and Taya who we offered as SOs,I don't think she would be offered until her JR Year. She is ranked #11 on HG. An evaluator has stated she might be the top for 2014. I do not know how well she is doing this season playing for Christ of King. I think her ist game she scored 4 points! My most recent reference to her had to do with the number of players with similar names;) I did find some inf indicating she is playing well and being talked of having tremendous star potential!

Reaction Score
other teams are going to be asking the same question when she's on the court... "there must be two of them"...
Breanna Stewart is so good right now she could be a star at Ct right now though she is still a SR in High School:D The same can be said of Morgan Tuck;) Stewart will win all of the Top Sr awards All 3 2012 FR will be High School ALL Americans,other Awards,McD All Americans,Contribute incredibly Fr year,and be part of NChampionship team in 2012_2013

Reaction Score
I agree with you that if we offer Sierra,I suspect from her father's comments,her brother Omar is going to play for the mens team in 2012,her liking CT that she will accept in a shorter period than that;) Since she is a SO,we are working on 2013,I do not think we will be offering for some time! Unless she is in fact viewed of the caliber of DD
and Taya who we offered as SOs,I don't think she would be offered until her JR Year. She is ranked #11 on HG. An evaluator has stated she might be the top for 2014. I do not know how well she is doing this season playing for Christ of King. I think her ist game she scored 4 points! My most recent reference to her had to do with the number of players with similar names;) I did find some inf indicating she is playing well and being talked of having tremendous star potential!

she was starting in her freshman season something Tina Charles didnt even do at CTK her freshman year, she must be good

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
if she does the USA U18 team, i dont think she'll be able to do summer classes and training
Believe that would be before the summer session (June). Summer session starts in July. KML did it last year.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I think she looks like she'll fit right in...

BS_fits_in.jpg

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she was starting in her freshman season something Tina Charles didnt even do at CTK her freshman year, she must be good
when Tina was at CTK frosh weren't ALLOWED to play on the varsity team.

lets give BStew her praise with knocking (or comparing) another UConn player.

(but for giggles) would BStew's senior team beat Tina's senior team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom