Just total domination! Congrats to UConn! | The Boneyard

Just total domination! Congrats to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You just slaughtered us.

80% of you predicted a 16+ pt win or more. Cudos.

Only a dozen or more bad calls against SC ... no excuses, even given that horribly bad call to end the first half that was just horrible. You know the one, the charging foul against Bianca. No problem.

But your girls just absolutely dominated ... we can only pray to recover from this and see y'all in Tampa.

Whoever said #23 was great and would have a great game for UConn ... you were totally right. She made the difference.

Everything y'all threw-up tonight, went down.

Reaction Score
You just slaughtered us.

Only a dozen or more bad calls against SC ... no excuses, even given that horribly bad call to end the first half that was just horrible. You know the one, the charging foul against Bianca. No problem.

But your girls just absolutely dominated ... we can only pray to recover from this and see y'all in Tampa.

Whoever said #23 was great and would have a great game for UConn ... you were totally right. She made the difference.

No excuses, but.....

Reaction Score
You just slaughtered us.

Thanks - see you there. Y'all are definitely going to the final 2.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
But UConn had the spirit of Chris Gedney helping to lay it on USCar. Would have needed a blind ref to get a dozen more calls against UConn, since the Huskies just don't foul much, and the GCock bigs just got stopped by the best D in the country. But they have some memories for April.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I posted a joke and this poster pitched a fit and my thread was deleted then this poster makes a comment about how the bad calls cost them the game. Why is this not deleted. I think it only fair. While this poster is complaining and whining I posted a joke. How sad
Jokes don't always translate well to the Internet. I thought you were serious and so did others apparently as the thread turned ugly and un-Boneyardlike.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
You just slaughtered us.

You've got a very good team and an excellent coach. You will learn and grow from this game.

And when you play Tennessee, I will be rooting ofr you to demolish them. Hope to see you in Tampa in April.

And keep on posting here. You are a welcome addition to the discussions.

Reaction Score

She is the greatest 3pt shooter in UCONN History and this UCONN team is the greatest 3pt shooting team in UCONN basketball history.

Reaction Score
You just slaughtered us.

Actually, it would have been good strategy to foul S. Carolina more often considering how they shoot foul shots.

Reaction Score
Thought this summation by a well-known Gamecock fan applies and should be shared ...

South Carolina is not at UConn's level of execution. Simple as that. I really really wanted USC to beat UConn somehow, someway but knew it'd be nearly impossibly unless USC has a level of game that they have not had all season, combined with UConn possibly having the type game they had against Stanford way back when the season started.

I have watched almost every game of USC's and about 7-8 of UConn's games, and it was very blatantly obvious to me the difference in discipline and execution between the two programs. USC will be good enough to repeat as SEC champs and even make it to the Final Four.

So is a lot of other teams like UT, Baylor, Notre Dame, perhaps Maryland or FSU. But right now USC is pretty much in the same boat as those other teams: they ain't UConn, don't play as efficiently as UConn plays on both ends of the court, and isn't as well-coached as UConn is. So that'll be good enough to a certain level, until USC has to play UConn again, and it will be the same thing again....

Reaction Score
Congrats guys. That was an impressive performance! Most of you were spot on about how this game would go. It is almost like you have seen this same scenario play out over and over before over the last decade plus or something. Who were we to argue with the truth you all already knew.

Jefferson is fast! She out ran Cuevas down the court for an easy lay-up from a pretty much even start. KML can shoot man, she has a beautiful stroke and with a little space I felt like every shot she took was going in as it left her hand. Stewart is a beast! She pretty much owned the paint all night on both ends.

Our young players looked intimidated by the environment and execution they were witnessing by the Husky team, especially when they needed to execute once you decided to lock down Mitchell and we lost the last ten minutes of first half big time. I didn't think you guys could shoot that well against our D and it made the game pretty much feel impossible to win. We had to extend our defense because every player is a threat to score from anywhere. Then you could take advantage of a one on one under the basket with enough individual talent to score almost every time over any single defender.

Enough ego stroking though, ha! Hope we learned something tonight and can use this experience to prepare and give you a better game later this year in the game that counts in some tournament I have heard about. Go C0CKS!

Reaction Score
You just slaughtered us.

Take heart. UConn is still untested in a close game.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn is at an entirely different level then any team in WCBB. Its taken Geno 30 years to get here. That tells me that any coach that wants to catch him well he will be retired by the time they get there. To get there it will take a Total Commitment which means a life time. I don't see anybody doing that in our life time. What happened tonite shows where UConn is compared to every other team in WCBB. UConn is fine tuned but more importantly UConn is mentally tuff and the more pressure you put on them the better they perform. You cant say that about many teams. Tonite you saw UConn take shots they could make for the most part. You didn't see crazy shots, you didn't see UConn do things they knew they couldn't do. What you saw was a well disciplined team do what they do best and not try to do anything they knew they couldn't do. They played to their strengths. Geno is a genius dealing with players and pulling their strings as Kara said pulling the strings of puppets. He is tremendous at doing that and that's why I continue to say UConn is unbeatable they can only beat themselves and if they lose its a fluke. That's not cocky or arrogant that's how I see it. As long as Geno and Chris are at UConn they will continue to win and will be very difficult to beat because they have the want to and they recruit kids with the want to. They just don't recruit kids who are good, its more then that. I keep post why would any great player go anyplace else. You have the best teachers of the game at UConn and you go someplace else? I just don't understand that.

Reaction Score
Congrats guys. That was an impressive performance! Most of you were spot on about how this game would go. It is almost like you have seen this same scenario play out over and over before over the last decade plus or something. Who were we to argue with the truth you all already knew.

Jefferson is fast! She out ran Cuevas down the court for an easy lay-up from a pretty much even start. KML can shoot man, she has a beautiful stroke and with a little space I felt like every shot she took was going in as it left her hand. Stewart is a beast! She pretty much owned the paint all night on both ends.

Our young players looked intimidated by the environment and execution they were witnessing by the Husky team, especially when they needed to execute once you decided to lock down Mitchell and we lost the last ten minutes of first half big time. I didn't think you guys could shoot that well against our D and it made the game pretty much feel impossible to win. We had to extend our defense because every player is a threat to score from anywhere. Then you could take advantage of a one on one under the basket with enough individual talent to score almost every time over any single defender.

Enough ego stroking though, ha! Hope we learned something tonight and can use this experience to prepare and give you a better game later this year in the game that counts in some tournament I have heard about. Go C0CKS!
I think you guys are better than the rest of the 4-5 "good" teams. If we didn't shoot the lights out, then it's a close game and anything can happen. And you'll get better at exploiting your size advantage. See you again soon.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
SC is a very good team. They are just young. The lessons learned from this game will benefit them come March.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
There have been 54 games between #1 and #2 WCBB teams, and the 25 point margin was a tie for 6th as the largest. Most of the bigger ones were more than 20 years ago, and the only two during the 2000s were UConn's 88-58 win over UNC in 2009 and their 61-35 win over Stanford in Dec. 2012. Of course both those teams went on to win NCs.

Domination indeed.

Reaction Score
Just got through reading the game thread posts at Cockytalk.

Yikes! They can rival some By'ers for their moaning and groaning. Some great fans who get basketball, and a whole lot of tiny Ricardo's who blame the refs, 'fat #23, unattractive Stewie, cheating Gino (sic), having to play at Gample, and a dusie fan base

The SC team is classier than the fan base

Reaction Score
I think you guys are better than the rest of the 4-5 "good" teams. If we didn't shoot the lights out, then it's a close game and anything can happen. And you'll get better at exploiting your size advantage.

My only quarrel is with "shooting the lights out" - the overall shooting percentage tonight was just a tad better than the average for this season. The three point shooting was exceptional but SC packing it in because of the strategy to get Stewie and Tuck the ball in close and MoJeff's drives gave KML a practice environment - and she "practiced". ;)

Reaction Score
I think you guys are better than the rest of the 4-5 "good" teams. If we didn't shoot the lights out, then it's a close game and anything can happen. And you'll get better at exploiting your size advantage.

My only quarrel is with "shooting the lights out" - the overall shooting percentage tonight was just a tad better than the average for this season. The three point shooting was exceptional but SC packing it in because of the strategy to get Stewie and Tuck the ball in close and MoJeff's drives gave KML a practice environment - and she "practiced". ;)
I guess we've been "shooting the lights out" all year then. But who would have thought the 3 pt % would be HIGHER against the best opponent?

Reaction Score
Take heart. UConn is still untested in a close game.
Well, this version of the team anyway, although I think the other starters at Stanford would play a different game now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom