Just Seem Like Pettiness to me Coach | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Just Seem Like Pettiness to me Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Q is under no such obligation to agree to Stewart's homecoming, why is Geno under any obligation to schedule Syracuse in the future when he clearly has no problems putting together an elite non conference schedule?

It should also be noted Syracuse was apparently not supportive of UConn getting added to the ACC when it came down adding us and Louisville a couple years ago. If any Power 5 team wants to play us so bad let their President's and conference commish know that the greatest women's team on the planet is of value to their league. Perhaps it would have saved Maryland from being a 3 seed.

UConn owes Syracuse nothing. And in the list of petty things in college sports the last decade, this barely registers a yawn. I would suggest to the OP, get a thicker skin.

Yes how true with the rebuff Syracuse gave us for the ACC.... they have always been right behind BC in their opposition to having competition in the Northeast..... Syracuse wants to claim the Greater NYC area as Orange Country..... I am glad that Rutgers and the Big 10 have taken a big bite out of that.... UConn still looms as a big part of that market.... if one of the P5 conferences wants to move on it and the barriers - like BC and Syracuse - can be overcome

Reaction Score
I believe it was Father Glynn of St Matthews of Forestville who taught me early on that "You can never beat a dead horse too much or too often."

In light of his wisdom, I realized that every single one of our posts missed the most important quote from Hillsman that originally fed the fire, at least for me.

First, I want to say to Bhajan that I always enjoy your posts. Even this comment, I take it as an opinion, nothing more or less. You certainly intended no harm.

I went back through the articles presented in the earlier posts, and not one carried the remark that set the tone for me on this whole flagrant foul conversation.

Here is what Hillsman said, directly: "Why should we schedule Breanna here at Syracuse? She had a chance to play here, and she chose somewhere else. So let her stick to the place she chose. We will not schedule a game for her here."

This was either a video on SNY, or in a Courant article, or in another place.

But please, this did happen. And that was where my own opinion was born.

Let's assume that is true, and now, who was petty and who was gracious?

That was the match that struck this fire. IMHO.

I'm guessing, Bhajan, you never heard this quote.

(OK, the horse is dead. Again.)

C

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not specifically in defense of Syracuse, more a critique of UCONN, Breanna Stewart homecoming should have been long before Syracuse had an opportunity to fill up its schedule. Stewie was the National POY as a sophomore that is plenty of time to ask Syracuse and if the answer is no then you publically shame them into it. Kia and Gabby will get homecoming games next year and I think UCLA is back on the schedule so KLS will get a homecoming. Napheesa? Azura?
Umm we may not know when the scheduling efforts occurred so let's not try. For Napheesa it may we'll be Missouri given their upturn. Azura has yet to earn anything like a homecoming game so that is premature. Not saying it won't happen but there is time.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Azura has yet to earn anything like a homecoming game so that is premature. Not saying it won't happen but there is time.
I'm not sure where there is time for Azura since she may leave at the conclusion of next season & next season's scheduled just closed. Certainly Morgan Tuck earned a home coming but I don't remember her getting one.

Reaction Score
I will say you are one of the biggest fans, behind me. Geno isn't holding a grudge. He did take the higher ground, when asked by ESPN to play Tennessee he stated Pat needed to make a public apology to him, UConn, Maya and her mother. What Pat did was wrong, and it could have destroyed a beautiful built program, and hurt a lot of innocent people. Just because a recruit choose another school, a person do not have a right to make the allegations Pat made. Also, if Geno held a grudge, him and Kathy wouldn't have made a large contribution to Pat's foundation.

It will be a cold day in Hell before Pat apologizes!! Of that you can be sure. That's probably why Geno and Family donated to Pats foundation. Personally, in my days of heavily disliking--you would never have found me in anything U Tn or Pat Summit ever ever again.
I have mellowed--now nothing, especially sports, is that important---the world has revolved around some isolate point too far to find in 1000000000000 life times many many times since the INCIDENT. Maya has moved on--certainly Pat has moved on----should UT play UC---who cares---it is not at all important outside of Knoxville or Storrs. For HONOR---of someone many had no knowledge of ---something like 30 million young men and civilians died---WWI----Honor -?

Reaction Score
I'm not sure where there is time for Azura since she may leave at the conclusion of next season & next season's scheduled just closed. Certainly Morgan Tuck earned a home coming but I don't remember her getting one.
If Geno were to have scheduled a "home coming" for Azura--he would be certain she was bailing out next year---Good catch--where would Morgans' hometown/ home coming happen? Possibly Geno saw a 5th year??

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
If Azura leaves after one year, you are correct though I suspect that is not the commitment that Geno got from her. IMO he has not taken any transfers to have them leave before eligibility is up. Nat is our only data point in this so it's not like I am on solid ground here. I just suspect Z will stay 2 years. Morgan was more nuanced as she was hurt and I know she intended to come back but her play dominated and Geno endorsed her leaving as she has limited time in that knee. So My best guess is Geno would have scheduled someone in Illinois for Morgan but the situation changed. Z is under no such concerns.

Reaction Score
Wow! Poster says that it is good to take high road and is called sickening. I'm not sure I agree with the view, but that's more than a bit much.

I want to know what UConn player was insulted. Could someone please inform me on that? Thanks.
None, to my knowledge, that are here now.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
I believe it was Father Glynn of St Matthews of Forestville who taught me early on that "You can never beat a dead horse too much or too often."

In light of his wisdom, I realized that every single one of our posts missed the most important quote from Hillsman that originally fed the fire, at least for me.

First, I want to say to Bhajan that I always enjoy your posts. Even this comment, I take it as an opinion, nothing more or less. You certainly intended no harm.

I went back through the articles presented in the earlier posts, and not one carried the remark that set the tone for me on this whole flagrant foul conversation.

Here is what Hillsman said, directly: "Why should we schedule Breanna here at Syracuse? She had a chance to play here, and she chose somewhere else. So let her stick to the place she chose. We will not schedule a game for her here."

This was either a video on SNY, or in a Courant article, or in another place.

But please, this did happen. And that was where my own opinion was born.

Let's assume that is true, and now, who was petty and who was gracious?

That was the match that struck this fire. IMHO.

I'm guessing, Bhajan, you never heard this quote.

(OK, the horse is dead. Again.)

C
I did hear it.. Not defending Syracuse at all, I really don't care what they do..
Geno is my Hero, it is his light that I want to always shine bright
I believe I stated two wrongs never made a right...
which should tell anyone that I was never in support of what Syracuse did..

DefenseBB

Reaction Score

It will be a cold day in Hell before Pat apologizes!! Of that you can be sure. That's probably why Geno and Family donated to Pats foundation. Personally, in my days of heavily disliking--you would never have found me in anything U Tn or Pat Summit ever ever again.
I have mellowed--now nothing, especially sports, is that important---the world has revolved around some isolate point too far to find in 1000000000000 life times many many times since the INCIDENT. Maya has moved on--certainly Pat has moved on----should UT play UC---who cares---it is not at all important outside of Knoxville or Storrs. For HONOR---of someone many had no knowledge of ---something like 30 million young men and civilians died---WWI----Honor -?
I don't know how many times I or others have to say this but one more time for the team:
Geno made amends with Pat and has donated to her foundation and even went to the memorial in her honor. He has spoken well of her and her contributions. His point is and I agree with, during the initial "spat" both programs move on and found other ways to grow the game. UConn developed the rivalry with ND and we know they don't hang out chatting Philly times so please let's just stop with the wrong conjecture. We have a GAME TONIGHT,

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If Azura leaves after one year, you are correct though I suspect that is not the commitment that Geno got from her. IMO he has not taken any transfers to have them leave before eligibility is up. Nat is our only data point in this so it's not like I am on solid ground here. I just suspect Z will stay 2 years. Morgan was more nuanced as she was hurt and I know she intended to come back but her play dominated and Geno endorsed her leaving as she has limited time in that knee. So My best guess is Geno would have scheduled someone in Illinois for Morgan but the situation changed. Z is under no such concerns.
Kiah Stokes get a homecoming?
Kelly Faris?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If Geno were to have scheduled a "home coming" for Azura--he would be certain she was bailing out next year---Good catch--where would Morgans' hometown/ home coming happen? Possibly Geno saw a 5th year??
Morgan's sister played at Illinois-close enough.

Reaction Score
You would be wrong.

It is not a personal grudge. It is not pettiness. It's justifiable honor.

The high ground IS to NOT ever schedule them again. EVER!

[mod edit: personal insult]

Meyers7---on the Tenn/Uconn Maya issue you are an expert--you along time ago directed me to the NCAA report on the subject. I read it and
saw what you saw--the were really bad parts.
When a politician speak of doing something for Mental health--he is cheered loudly. Mental health seems to have reached a point of support by the populous---here is the 1000000 dollar question: If all this was brought about by a Pat whose mental abilities were on a downward spiral--would you feel the same --would you accept it was the disease an not Pat.
2 part question to understand the first part: Did Tn do this before i.e. was this their mode of operation or a one time issue??
I'm sure with your expertise in this matter you would know these answers--.. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Wow! Poster says that it is good to take high road and is called sickening. I'm not sure I agree with the view, but that's more than a bit much.

I want to know what UConn player was insulted. Could someone please inform me on that? Thanks.

I don't know
If insults is the right word---those implicated were : ESPN, Maya, Sue,DT, Geno, and the entire program

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Well-played pot-stirring Bajan best:
upload_2017-3-20_18-23-22.png

Over 100 replies, over 3000 views, a Megan-Walkerish level of participation from the BY accomplishing
upload_2017-3-20_18-20-36.png

Diagnosis: too much time between competitive games. Solution: Bring on the female superheroes.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Pat Summitt passed away last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog