Just heard on WFAN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Just heard on WFAN

Reaction Score
Been here a long time, and after reading all of these threads and others, its interesting that the majority of the fan base are not upset/surprised at rumors or discussions of Ollie being fired. In fact there is very little push-back, especially since this topic is serious.

For the Boneyard it takes a lot to get fans to look to jump off the Coach's bandwagon. Sure the weather (i.e. injuries) and the road (i.e. conference) is terrible, but obviously the wagon (albeit ragged looking) is not being driven in the right direction or perhaps going too slow to get there. I believe the recent transfers and perhaps Coach Hobbs might be closer to the front window/driver than I and had a better view of things even under the hood.

As for me the wagon is breaking down, stopping/starting and going in circles too much for my comfort. Since its going so slow I've unstrapped my seat belt, expecting to discharge anytime.

Reaction Score
If any 2 of Polley,Diarra,Carlton or Whaley decide to transfer after the season, that should be it.Starting fresh every year just won't cut it.

Reaction Score
If anybody thinks if we have another losing season that KO is going to be still here, they must be delusional. It sounds like AD DB wanted him gone last year and I see no reason why he should stay past this year if he goes under .500 again. KO is a head case that has gotten really bad since his divorce.

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If any 2 of Polley,Diarra,Carlton or Whaley decide to transfer after the season, that should be it.Starting fresh every year just won't cut it.
Unless they're Kentucky caliber freshmen. Ours aren't.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Donyell has $10 million to spend. Has someone ever paid a buyout so they can get the job? It'd be a good investment to put up say $5 million to get a 5 year deal for $12 million....

Maybe JC will pay for it out of pocket!

/s...

C

Chief00

A letter in today’s Courant editorial. It’s been building. I don’t think in season but if he were to lose both games this week who knows? you would think that Calhoun would issue a public statement of support, but maybe he’s even unhappy with KO?
I don’t think you will see that statement in a convincing manner.

Reaction Score

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This is huge because everyone thinks Brian Rauf knows all. He makes some valid statements but who the hell is he? No one cares about him or wha he says, he's probably a Dukie.
It doesn't matter who he is. More bad press. Pretty bad to be at the top of the worst things in men's hoops this year, don't you think? I don't care who's list it is.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter who he is. More bad press. Pretty bad to be at the top of the worst things in men's hoops this year, don't you think? I don't care who's list it is.
Also, I didn't have to search for this story. It came up near the top of my Google search so he must have some clout.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ollie is not getting fired this year.

He’s earning it, but it’s not going to happen.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I don't have a clue what's going to happen. I would love for one of ours to be successful again. I don't know if that is going to happen. I do know that UConn mens hoop is my passion, my obsession. I have a wife and 4 kids and they know they are a close second. I hope to have that overwhelming feeling again like when I was in Detroit in'91 and had to be restrained from trying to get at Laettner. You people know what I mean. Anybody who went to the BE tourney knows we are some crazy .... I just want that feeling again, please.

Reaction Score
Please do, or just go be a duke fan you'll be happier. You don't have what it takes to be a uconn fan.

Reaction Score
Well it's not like anything is happening today, they already left for Tulsa and while I don't think KO should be the Head Coach going forward, it doesn't make a lot of sense to fire him midseason.
Well, i kinda feel like if your going to do it, do it b4 the end of the season for recruiting purposes. This way if we're going to lose recruits we know who and if we going to gain some we have time

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ollie is not getting fired this year.

He’s earning it, but it’s not going to happen.

Most felt the same way after BD made it through the 2016 season all the way to Christmas.

I'd wager that if someone backed up a Brinks truck and took the finances out of it, KO would be done at end of season.

Being that there isn't a Brinks truck that we know of, Ollie is coming back for 2018-2019.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom