Just askin', re: Geno | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just askin', re: Geno

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I would like to know how sick he is as well. What exactly is the problem? Did he have a heart attack? Did he collapse? Was it a serious problem? Is it recurring? Why can't UConn explain what "sick" means?

How many days has he been sick? If it's the flu, why won't the university say "he's sick with the flu"?

I recall the cryptic non-statements about Batoulie Camara. Nothing was ever explained. And now two years later, she remains hobbled, apparently, by a serious injury that wasn't explained
It’s none of our business. Besides as Ozimoto pointed out, Feferal law prohibits blabbing about someone else’s private info

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I'm going to guess that since it's a stomach virus, some of the reasoning is Geno doesn't want to pass on whatever he's got, especially if it has kept him out of commission this long.

Bad sausage and he's back in 24 hours. I've had stomach viruses last three or four days.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I would like to know how sick he is as well. What exactly is the problem? Did he have a heart attack? Did he collapse? Was it a serious problem? Is it recurring? Why can't UConn explain what "sick" means?

How many days has he been sick? If it's the flu, why won't the university say "he's sick with the flu"?

I recall the cryptic non-statements about Batoulie Camara. Nothing was ever explained. And now two years later, she remains hobbled, apparently, by a serious injury that wasn't explained to the fan base.

Yes, I'd like to know what's wrong with Coach Geno.

Let's review shall we:

Geno Auriemma Remains Hospitalized, Resting Comfortably

UConn's Geno Auriemma Out Of Hospital, Back Home With Family

"The truth is Auriemma got run down and exhausted, yet pushed through Final Four week in Indianapolis. The truth is there was a bronchial infection. The truth is there was the flu. The truth is there was an unsettling episode at Bradley International Airport.

"The thing that was a big concern for me was I got back from the Final Four on Wednesday and by the time the weekend rolled around and we had some USA Basketball stuff I had to do, I couldn't do it," Auriemma said. "I couldn't get out of bed. I couldn't get out of the house."

Jeff Jacobs: Healthy Geno Laughs At Reports He Was Headed To The NBA

Truth is as hard as the Fall away schedule was on 19-21 year olds it was harder on him. They started coulghing into their sleeves in January and the rest is history. Now, CD and Kathy have to gang up on him, get him up to meet CD at the gym at 5 AM, start drinking green tea etc etc. :rolleyes:

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
What ever it is, let's hope he follows the Dr's and the boss' (wife) orders. I'm thinking lots of rest and staying away from reading the Boneyard. We fans have a way of stealing player and coach "moxie". He doesn't need to see our criticism and Monday morning quarter backing. Although if he needs fodder for some new material, we certainly provide that.

Get well and GO HUSKIES!!!
Moxie?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1547911149797.jpg
    FB_IMG_1547911149797.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 28

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I’m thinking hot Italian sausage with Marinara sauce.
Nope. Geno's body took one good look at what was going down and immediately rejected it.

Reaction Score
Are we certain he didn’t sneak off to Poland or Russia or Ghana to bring back a phantom recruit for next season?

Reaction Score
He would recuperate faster if he stayed home and gave his body the additional days rest, and rejoined the team for Saturday's Senior Day in Gampel vs Houston at 1:00 pm (thanks hoops). ;)

Wichita State (11-15/4-9) will not be a problem the Huskies can't handle. Rumor has it that WS may employ some WWE tactics (holding, punching, tripping, pushing, pulling,etc.) to try to disrupt UConn’s offense and lower the mov.

One more tidbit, not one of their starters are averaging double figures in scoring. Their combined average is less than 33 points per game. That might be a problem.

They're ranked 10th in the AAC, and currently riding a 2 game losing streak, courtesy of USF and UCF. Geno's presence will not be needed tomorrow night, but it will be mandatory on senior day.

Massey rates this game as UConn having a 100% chance of winning, 83-42. Whatever Geno has, we wish him well, and a speedy recovery. :)

I was wondering why CD went so long in the Tulsa game w/out subbing out her starters. Lou and 'Pheesa weren't doing much anyway, and it was an opportunity to play the other guys. I hope she doesn't play the starters over-long tonight. Unless, of course, others have Geno's bug.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
It made the evening news. The report was that he was staying home on his doctor's recommendation.

From Healthlines.com

How long does the stomach flu last?

Stomach flu (viral enteritis) is an infection in the intestines. It has an incubation period of 1 to 3 days, during which no symptoms occur. Once symptoms appear, they usually last for 1 to 2 days, although symptoms may linger for as long as 10 days.
This can be especially true for older people.

Stomach flu symptoms include:
  • diarrhea
  • vomiting
  • stomach cramps
  • loss of appetite
  • mild fever (in some cases)
In many instances, the vomiting caused by stomach flu stops within a day or two, but diarrhea can last several days longer.

Probably best not to travel. :oops:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It made the evening news. The report was that he was staying home on his doctor's recommendation.

From Healthlines.com

How long does the stomach flu last?

Stomach flu (viral enteritis) is an infection in the intestines. It has an incubation period of 1 to 3 days, during which no symptoms occur. Once symptoms appear, they usually last for 1 to 2 days, although symptoms may linger for as long as 10 days.
This can be especially true for older people.

Stomach flu symptoms include:
  • diarrhea
  • vomiting
  • stomach cramps
  • loss of appetite
  • mild fever (in some cases)
In many instances, the vomiting caused by stomach flu stops within a day or two, but diarrhea can last several days longer.

Probably best not to travel.:oops:

You don't have to be a physician to come to THAT conclusion!! :eek: ;)

Reaction Score
I've got another "just askin'" question about Geno.

Do you think he's the sort to be watching these games from home, while yelling profanity at the screen? I could see him yelling up a storm. :D

MTC

Reaction Score
Best wishes to Geno for a complete recovery and a refreshed spirit. CD did a great job coaching but I feel more comfortable with the wizard on the sidelines. Hopefully this does not interfere with our recruiting.

Reaction Score
I've got another "just askin'" question about Geno.

Do you think he's the sort to be watching these games from home, while yelling profanity at the screen? I could see him yelling up a storm. :D
I am thinking he was hoping CD would lose one of those games so he would have a better winning percentage than her.

MTC

Reaction Score
I am thinking he was hoping CD would lose one of those games so he would have a better winning percentage than her.
I was surprised at how happy CD was to be coaching and not stressed like Geno gets. It was refreshing to see her handling the job so well, almost too well.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The games she coaches while he is Head Coach go against his W/L record so I doubt that he was hoping for a loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom