Just askin', re: Geno | The Boneyard

Just askin', re: Geno

Reaction Score
Given the BY preoccupation with all things UConn WCBB, I thought it interesting that there is no thread here relating to the coach's illness, serious enough to keep him home from the Tulsa game. Anyone know if he's ok?

Reaction Score
It's just kind of remarkable that, given the BY's overall preoccupation with player illnesses and injuries, that when the coach (a sort of prominent person, after all) takes ill, non one has much to say. I'm not asking for speculation or anything., Just wondered if there was reporting on it that I hadn't seen. Guess not.

Reaction Score
I don’t know how to post a thread in here but there is a thread about his illness

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
He would recuperate faster if he stayed home and gave his body the additional days rest, and rejoined the team for Saturday's Senior Day in Gampel vs Houston at 1:00 pm (thanks hoops). ;)

Wichita State (11-15/4-9) will not be a problem the Huskies can't handle. Rumor has it that WS may employ some WWE tactics (holding, punching, elbowing, tripping, pushing, pulling,etc.) to try to disrupt UConn’s offense and lower the MOV.

One more tidbit, not one of their starters are averaging double figures in scoring. Their combined average is less than 33 points per game. That might be a problem.

They're ranked 10th in the AAC, and currently riding a 2 game losing streak, courtesy of USF and UCF. Geno's presence will not be needed tomorrow night, but it will be mandatory on senior day.

Massey rates this game as UConn having a 100% chance of winning, 83-42. Whatever Geno has, we wish him well, and a speedy recovery. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
He would recuperate faster if he stayed home and gave his body the additional days rest, and rejoined the team for Saturday's Senior Night in Gampel vs Houston.

Wichita State (11-15/4-9) will not be a problem the Huskies can't handle. They're ranked 10th in the AAC. They're currently on a 2 game losing streak courtesy of USF and UCF. Geno's presence will not be needed tomorrow night, but it will be mandatory at senior night. Massey rates this game as UConn having a 100% chance of winning, 83-42. Whatever Geno has, we wish him well, and a speedy recovery. :)
Saturday is actually a day game with the start time listed as 1 PM. You don't want to tune in at night. It'll be all over by then.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Geno had pretty much the same thing happen to him last year and his physician recommended rest. Geno drives himself pretty hard.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When does the speculation about retirement start as it did when he was hospitalised for a couple of days?

OBTW: "Will he or won’t he?: Dailey said the plan was for Auriemma to return to the sidelines against Wichita State after missing Sunday’s game with an illness. As of Monday afternoon, the school had not provided any updates on Auriemma’s status " Women’s basketball gameday: No. 2 UConn at Wichita St.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It's just kind of remarkable that, given the BY's overall preoccupation with player illnesses and injuries, that when the coach (a sort of prominent person, after all) takes ill, non one has much to say. I'm not asking for speculation or anything., Just wondered if there was reporting on it that I hadn't seen. Guess not.
Almost nobody gives a dang about Geno, unless of course , he is failing to recruit great players by the boatload. Or failing miserably to train and play his bench. Otherwise, nothing! What has he done for fans lately? ;)

Reaction Score
I would like to know how sick he is as well. What exactly is the problem? Did he have a heart attack? Did he collapse? Was it a serious problem? Is it recurring? Why can't UConn explain what "sick" means?

How many days has he been sick? If it's the flu, why won't the university say "he's sick with the flu"?

I recall the cryptic non-statements about Batoulie Camara. Nothing was ever explained. And now two years later, she remains hobbled, apparently, by a serious injury that wasn't explained to the fan base.

Yes, I'd like to know what's wrong with Coach Geno.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
What ever it is, let's hope he follows the Dr's and the boss' (wife) orders. I'm thinking lots of rest and staying away from reading the Boneyard. We fans have a way of stealing player and coach "moxie". He doesn't need to see our criticism and Monday morning quarter backing. Although if he needs fodder for some new material, we certainly provide that.

Get well and GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I always use sweet Italian sausage in my cooking. The hot's just too much.

This is a long bout of illness. A stomach virus usually doesn't last this long. He must be in bad shape. And especially to miss this much time for a man who never misses games due to illness.

I wish him all the best.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Let's see. The "BY preoccupation" started with this thread on Sunday.
Geno Out Sick Today per UCONN
That thread has been updated everyday since including about 40 minutes ago.
Real "preoccupation" would be starting another thread wondering if we are too worried or not worried enough about Geno.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom