Just an observation... re: Dan Hurley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just an observation... re: Dan Hurley

Reaction Score
You don’t blame for for blatantly disrespecting Hurley at his home. He’s behaving like a scum bag
You have to blame his attorneys for that. I have to believe Ollie had nothing to do with that. It's not like someone says to their attorneys, "Hey, let's serve a subpoena to the guy at his house even though you just agreed with the university to serve them directly with any subpoenas." Hardly seems reasonable Ollie did that.

Reaction Score
Ollie has nothing to do with that. The attorneys are chasing their 50% of $10,000,000.
Bullsh**. If KO told them not to do it they wouldn’t have done it. He signed off on it. You can understand hiS “WHY” and also completely disagree with his “HOW”. It’s impossible to defend the way he’s moving at this point

Reaction Score
You have to blame his attorneys for that. I have to believe Ollie had nothing to do with that. It's not like someone says to their attorneys, "Hey, let's serve a subpoena to the guy at his house even though you just agreed with the university to serve them directly with any subpoenas." Hardly seems reasonable Ollie did that.
Why is it unreasonable to believe KO is capable of that? He filed a baseless discrimination lawsuit against the University and program he “loves”. He doesn’t give a s*** about anyone or anything but his pockets right now. He’d run you over with a hummer in clean conscience for that 10mil right now

Reaction Score
I’m not an Ollie apologist but if you think Ollie is plotting a raid on the Hurley house with his attorneys you are nuts.

I was once served in a lawsuit by an aggressive attorney that linked me to an issue his client had. The plaintiff and I were on good terms and he was livid with his attorneys for serving me at home as my family headed to a car to leave on vacation. He had no idea I was named in the suit, nor did he know they’d find me at home rather than at work. I was quickly removed from the suit. Attorneys that work on contingency are chasing big money. They’ll do what they need to do to collect. I don’t blame them.

Reaction Score
I’m not an Ollie apologist but if you think Ollie is plotting a raid on the Hurley house with his attorneys you are nuts.

I was once served in a lawsuit by an aggressive attorney that linked me to an issue his client had. The plaintiff and I were on good terms and he was livid with his attorneys for serving me at home as my family headed to a car to leave on vacation. He had no idea I was named in the suit, nor did he know they’d find me at home rather than at work. I was quickly removed from the suit. Attorneys that work on contingency are chasing big money. They’ll do what they need to do to collect. I don’t blame them.
Ollie has worn out his benefit of the doubt. This moves falls completely in line with the way he’s been moving.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Bullsh**. If KO told them not to do it they wouldn’t have done it. He signed off on it. You can understand hiS “WHY” and also completely disagree with his “HOW”. It’s impossible to defend the way he’s moving at this point

Meh- you're probably right.

Still it wouldn't shock me if, similarly to his coaching style, he has no control over the people he leads

Reaction Score
Meh, he’s chasing $10,000,000. Whaler11 used to argue this endlessly. A sane man doesn’t let $10,000,000 go easily.

Reaction Score
Meh, he’s chasing $10,000,000. Whaler11 used to argue this endlessly. A sane man doesn’t let $10,000,000 go easily.
A man with dignity doesn’t file baseless claims or serve a man at his home when he has nothing to do with anything. Ollie doesn’t “deserve” that money. He violated his contract. A sane man doesn’t burn 85% of the bridges he has for 10mil. A desperate man does

Reaction Score

As you know, I am far from an Ollie apologist, but clients generally have zero say in procedural aspects of litigation. There are many reasons to be disappointed in KO. This isn't one of them though.

Reaction Score
As you know, I am far from an Ollie apologist, but clients generally have zero say in procedural aspects of litigation. There are many reasons to be disappointed in KO. This isn't one of them though.
Question: Do you believe KO gives a damn that they served Hurley at his home?

Because I don’t.

Reaction Score
Regardless where this season turns out, I think it’s clear we have the right guy at the helm. Lot of critics last year and early this were on him about in game moves (I still don’t understand his use of timeouts myself), but I think we need to look where the program is now:

1. Every team knows they’re in for a fight against us now. The players have completely bought into a system that has to be 180 degrees different from the one just two years ago.
2. We have overcome tremendous adversity along the way (down 40% of our starting lineup when we only had 10 scholly players to start with).
3. There is a palpable attitude and culture of caring now in place. Exhibit A the team and coach response to Akok injury. Exhibit B the players talking about their togetherness. Exhibit C, CV beginning to defer as his career winds down.
4. Proactive and aggressive approach to recruiting, and recruiting HIS type of players. I think we all know this is a sea change.
5. Player development. Guys are improving before our eyes and are getting rewarded for hard work (IW) and punished for not (SW). A REAL culture shift.

I could go on, but don’t need to. I’m thrilled with where we are and highly confident we have the right guy. He cares, he’s knowledgeable, he’s relentless and he craves success.

Reaction Score
Riiiiight
A man with dignity doesn’t file baseless claims or serve a man at his home when he has nothing to do with anything. Ollie doesn’t “deserve” that money. He violated his contract. A sane man doesn’t burn 85% of the bridges he has for 10mil. A desperate man does

I wouldn’t get into this with you if I hadn’t had a few cocktails after dinner tonight but, I did. I don’t disagree that Ollie violated his contract, nor do I disagree about burning bridges. However, he’s only burning bridges at UConn. The rest of the basketball world thinks he’s getting screwed because they all know cheating is prevalent and KO cheated very mildly. It is amazing how easily some of you are willing to give up $10,000,000 when it isn’t yours to give up. KO should fight until the end because he’ll probably get some money out of it and frankly, he probably should. Bill Self is getting paid, so is Sean Miller.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t get into this with you if I hadn’t had a few cocktails after dinner tonight but, I did. I don’t disagree that Ollie violated his contract, nor do I disagree about burning bridges. However, he’s only burning bridges at UConn. The rest of the basketball world thinks he’s getting screwed because they all know cheating is prevalent and KO cheated very mildly. It is amazing how easily some of you are willing to give up $10,000,000 when it isn’t yours to give up. KO should fight until the end because he’ll probably get some money out of it and frankly, he probably should. Bill Self is getting paid, so is Sean Miller.
He won’t get any money out of it. Anything he gets he lost in legal cost. We arent telling him to give up anything. Again you’re arguing his “why”. He’s being criticized for his “how”. People outside of the situation rarely bring up the fact the he legally has ZERO ground to stand on. He knowingly violated his contract. He forfeited the money. PERIOD. Now he’s trying to bring as many people and things down with him. He’s out to cause damage now. Nothing he is doing is righteous or coming from an honest place. He knows he cheated. He’s upset he’s being held accountable. Who cares what everyone else is doing. UConn doesn’t have 10mil to pay a coach who isn’t owed 10mil dollars. It’s really that simple.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
However, he’s only burning bridges at UConn. The rest of the basketball world thinks he’s getting screwed because they all know cheating is prevalent and KO cheated very mildly.

Doesn't matter. Word gets out. People will ask UConn AD/admin, who will whisper off the record ... "KO let them get away with WHAT?"... yeah kiss that next job goodbye

The narrative could have been- "he was a good guy, reliable, hard worker... got caught up with some personal issues but he's past that now. I'd give him a shot"

Reaction Score
He won’t get any money out of it. Anything he gets he lost in legal cost. We arent telling him to give up anything. Again you’re arguing his “why”. He’s being criticized for his “how”. People outside of the situation rarely bring up the fact the he legally has ZERO ground to stand on. He knowingly violated his contract. He forfeited the money. PERIOD. Now he’s trying to bring as many people and things down with him. He’s out to cause damage now. Nothing he is doing is righteous or coming from an honest place. He knows he cheated. He’s upset he’s being held accountable. Who cares what everyone else is doing. UConn doesn’t have 10mil to pay a coach who isn’t owed 10mil dollars. It’s really that simple.
I’m not sure it’s as black and white as you say, but understand where you are coming from. I don’t agree that this is a ploy to bring down others. I do thing it’s a desperate attempt to get money for a guy who may never get another coaching job. But again, I am on NO way defending him.

and Greenberg was out of his mind last night.

Reaction Score

You are kind of passionate about it. I’m not. Just saying, next time you are in position to fight for $10,000,000 and all you have to do is hire an attorney and tell him to go win some cash and you’ll split the pot with him, I hope you walk away. Keep in mind, most attorneys (pretty much all) won’t take a case they can’t win on a contingency basis.

Reaction Score
You are kind of passionate about it. I’m not. Just saying, next time you are in position to fight for $10,000,000 and all you have to do is hire an attorney and tell him to go win some cash and you’ll split the pot with him, I hope you walk away. Keep in mind, most attorneys (pretty much all) won’t take a case they can’t win on a contingency basis.
I know for a fact I won’t lie on people or be completely dishonest for any amount of money. That is what we call a crappy person. People have the ability to be better than that

Reaction Score
I’m not sure it’s as black and white as you say, but understand where you are coming from. I don’t agree that this is a ploy to bring down others. I do thing it’s a desperate attempt to get money for a guy who may never get another coaching job. But again, I am on NO way defending him.

and Greenberg was out of his mind last night.
Any little settlement he may get will be swallowed up by his leagal fees. So ask yourself what his motivation is when he knows he violated his contract

Reaction Score
It’s always a risk. Kevin looks like he is in bad shape

Reaction Score
I know for a fact I won’t lie on people or be completely dishonest for any amount of money. That is what we call a crappy person. People have the ability to be better than that

Good for you. However, KO has his own thoughts on who is being disingenuous. I don’t think he is 100% wrong. He might be 70% wrong. That’s worth $3,000,000 to him. Split it with his attorney and that’s $1,500,000 in his pocket. It is more complicated than you make it.

Reaction Score
Good for you. However, KO has his own thoughts on who is being disingenuous. I don’t think he is 100% wrong. He might be 70% wrong. That’s worth $3,000,000 to him. Split it with his attorney and that’s $1,500,000 in his pocket. It is more complicated than you make it.
It’s not though. The only question of any value is “did he violate his contract”. Case closed. He’s just prolonging the inevitable. And the more fire he throws on the bridge the less inclined UConn is to settle anything with him. UConn is in the drivers seat. KO is just trying to crash the car at this point. He can kick rocks.

Ans i again I’m not disagreeing with his why. You don’t have to be a scum bag

Reaction Score
So you'd be partially dishonest for a good amount of money?

Reaction Score
Any little settlement he may get will be swallowed up by his leagal fees. So ask yourself what his motivation is when he knows he violated his contract
His motivation is money. It really is not as black and white as you make it out to be. That is why contracts end up in lawsuits all the time. I’ve personally been involved in a lawsuit like this. Where I had friends that worked for the firm on the other side of the lawsuit. I did it because I thought I was right and for my family. It was obviously not as public as this, but you have no idea what’s in his head. You are super imposing your thoughts, beliefs and emotions. Which is certainly your right.

Reaction Score
It’s not though. The only question of any value is “did he violate his contract”. Case closed. He’s just prolonging the inevitable. And the more fire he throws on the bridge the less inclined UConn is to settle anything with him. UConn is in the drivers seat. KO is just trying to crash the car at this point. He can kick rocks

Maybe, but his attorneys don’t seem to think so and again, I’m sure they have to win to get substantially paid.

Reaction Score
His motivation is money. It really is not as black and white as you make it out to be. That is why contracts end up in lawsuits all the time. I’ve personally been involved in a lawsuit like this. Where I had friends that worked for the firm on the other side of the lawsuit. I did it because I thought I was right and for my family. It was obviously not as public as this, but you have no idea what’s in his head. You are super imposing your thoughts, beliefs and emotions. Which is certainly your right.
1 more time. You all keep bringing up his motivations. I can’t argue against anyone’s motivations. He’s going about it horribly. That’s what’s painting him in a horrible light right now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom