June Transfer Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

June Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
That’s a bunch. Shug Dickson is a familiar name and something of a basketball nomad. She played against UConn for Tulsa, subsequently transferred to TX Tech, on to Mizzou and now to Rutgers.
RU is pretty much replacing its entire starting lineup next year:

Guirantes (WNBA Draft)
Tekia Mack (Grad transfer to DePaul)
Mael Giles (Grad transfer to AZ State)
Diamond Johnson (transfer to NC State)
Zippy Broughton (Transfer to Florida)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
RU is pretty much replacing its entire starting lineup next year:

Guirantes (WNBA Draft)
Tekia Mack (Grad transfer to DePaul)
Mael Giles (Grad transfer to AZ State)
Diamond Johnson (transfer to NC State)
Zippy Broughton (Transfer to Florida)
Seems to be several schools that are undergoing a major roster overhaul. Syracuse comes to mind.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The headcount sports (don't allow partial scholarships) are football, men's and women's basketball, women's volleyball, women's tennis and women's gymnastics. All other sports are equivalency sports. Those allow partial scholarships where two or more players may get the equivalent of one full scholarship.

As for the Rogers discussion, I think the Ionescu and Moore situation was different than the current situation because Moore was meant to shore up defense. She was not meant to be a scorer. Can Oregon do the same with two PG who are both involved in scoring the ball?
I think you are asking the wrong question here. The right question is what are Oregon's or Arizona's other choices at guard? Oregon other choices for guard are Sydney Parrish and Maddie Scheer. The former is a 33% shooter with an assist/turnover of 1. The latter is a 29% shooter with a slightly better A/TO of 1.33. Taylor Bigby a one time UCONN POI is a freshman and a very skilled big guard who might surprise. Rogers knows exactly what she is doing here- she will start and play plenty (>30 Mins game) at either Arizona or Oregon-she made darn sure of it.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yeah, I know this doesn't count as an actual transfer . . .

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
I think you are asking the wrong question here. The right question is what are Oregon's or Arizona's other choices at guard? Oregon other choices for guard are Sydney Parrish and Maddie Scheer. The former is a 33% shooter with an assist/turnover of 1. The latter is a 29% shooter with a slightly better A/TO of 1.33. Taylor Bigby a one time UCONN POI is a freshman and a very skilled big guard who might surprise. Rogers knows exactly what she is doing here- she will start and play plenty (>30 Mins game) at either Arizona or Oregon-she made darn sure of it.
I know full well who Bigby is. She visited Arizona, and I speak to her club coach on occasion. (Kinda strange, but out West, we are more prone to following players because they are interested in Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State or Arizona.)

You're kind of missing the point I was replying to, though. The point is that because Minyon Moore and Sabrina Ionescu played together as point guards that Paopao and Rogers will mesh in the same way. I don't believe they will for the reasons stated, even if she ends up there. Who said she wouldn't start? Not me, but carry on.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
VWhere is she going? Rutgers, Syracuse or LSU? lol

Why the seeming derison (the lol) of Ms. Veitenheimer? Whlle she perhaps didn't live up to her Top 25 ranking in Prospects Nation coming out of high school, she graduated ahead of time, started 75% of the games she played in the last two years and made the Big12 Academic team. Hard-nosed kid who helps teams.

I thought she'd be the type of player who would thrive under new coach, Jen B., but perhaps some coversations with the new coach proved otherwise. Or perhaps there's a grad school or program she's after? She's a Texas native, so maybe somewhere in the Lone Star State? Good luck to her.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

In 4 years, Wynn got 0 transfers from D1 schools at UW. Langley has already gotten 3. Yeah 2 followed her from Rice, and yeah it's a whole new world w/ the extra covid year and the floodgates being thrown open on transferring, but still it is a striking contrast. One coach appeared to be unable to sell the opportunity of coming to her school, while the other is having no problems at all.

Reaction Score
Oregon's roster keeps growing via the transfer portal despite what Graves stated a few weeks ago about preferring a smaller roster . . .

If all three transfers are eligible for the upcoming season he will have the same number of players as when he made those comments, since Dugalic and Mikesell transferred out and Wilson medically retired.

As I previously mentioned in the May Transfer thread (post) the last time someone made a similar observation.

Is Dufficy eligible to play this upcoming season? She transferred from St Mary's Utah St. to Missouri, though she did sit out a year. If not, he could still only have 9 players with Hosendove and Dufficy ineligible without a waiver.

Note: This post overlooked JUCO transfer Pinto and also incorrectly listed Dufficy's original school.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If all three transfers are eligible for the upcoming season he will have the same number of players as when he made those comments, since Dugalic and Mikesell transferred out and Wilson medically retired.

As I previously mentioned in the May Transfer thread (post) the last time someone made a similar observation.

Is Dufficy eligible to play this upcoming season? She transferred from St Mary's to Missouri, though she did sit out a year. If not, he could still only have 9 players with Hosendove and Dufficy ineligible without a waiver.
Not entirely true.

Per this article (which was after the retirment of Arielle Wilson and transfers of Taylor Mikesell and Angela Dugalic):

“Graves told The Register-Guard he plans to add two players via the transfer portal to get to 10, which was the number of players the Ducks had on the 2019 Final Four team.”

His current roster sits at 12, and he is still (as far as I’m aware) pursuing Endyia Rogers which would potentially put them at 13 and in the same place as last season.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
It looks like she is a graduate transfer. She should be good to go for the 21-22 season.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Putting aside the exact roster numbers during the recent fluctuation, the "issue" (which I'm not even sure there is an issue, but if you choose to see it that way...) is the hypocrisy between his blunt and dismissive remarks about the transfer portal back in April and his actions since then, which has been to add a bunch of transfers. For example, he said, "I’m not just going to go hunt a bunch of kids in the portal because they’re available." And also, "I think we’ve got the right mix. I think the smaller roster will help.... I like what I have. I think this is a group I can develop."

So to the casual outsider looking at the Oregon program right now, the question is.. Why??

Source for the quotes: Despite transfers, Ducks likely to stand pat with current roster for 2021-22

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It looks like she is a graduate transfer. She should be good to go for the 21-22 season.

Grad-transfers who have transferred once before as undergrads are not immediately eligible under the new one-time transfer rule. They have to get a waiver. But, Dufficy already sat out one season when she transferred to Missouri; so, she never was awarded immediate eligibility in the past. Their other grad-transfer, Hosendove, will need a waiver, I believe.

The one-time exception will count for athletes who transfer after graduating. Previously, NCAA rules permitted athletes who had graduated to transfer and be immediately eligible.

Now, if an athlete has already use a one-time exception for a transfer as an undergraduate, the athlete is not automatically eligible as a graduate transfer. Athletes can still apply for a waiver to become eligible under certain circumstances.

Reaction Score
Putting aside the exact roster numbers during the recent fluctuation, the "issue" (which I'm not even sure there is an issue, but if you choose to see it that way...) is the hypocrisy between his blunt and dismissive remarks about the transfer portal back in April and his actions since then, which has been to add a bunch of transfers. For example, he said, "I’m not just going to go hunt a bunch of kids in the portal because they’re available." And also, "I think we’ve got the right mix. I think the smaller roster will help.... I like what I have. I think this is a group I can develop."

So to the casual outsider looking at the Oregon program right now, the question is.. Why??

Source for the quotes: Despite transfers, Ducks likely to stand pat with current roster for 2021-22
Yeah I’m kind of confused about that too. He made a point to have such a strong stance on it. And I understand some players left so he picked up two, but as someone else said his roster now stands at 12 and he’s trying for a 13th. Just goes to show, people hate something that benefits others until they need it.

Reaction Score
Yeah I’m kind of confused about that too. He made a point to have such a strong stance on it. And I understand some players left so he picked up two, but as someone else said his roster now stands at 12 and he’s trying for a 13th. Just goes to show, people hate something that benefits others until they need it.
According to "Duck Territory" Oregon also signed a JC transfer Chanaya Pinto--that makes 4 transfers plus potentially Ednyia Rogers = 5 transfers! It appears Kelly has had a 11th hour change of philosophy on signing transfers :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The coach has some appeal?

1624041764748.png

Reaction Score
According to "Duck Territory" Oregon also signed a JC transfer Chanaya Pinto--that makes 4 transfers plus potentially Ednyia Rogers = 5 transfers! It appears Kelly has had a 11th hour change of philosophy on signing transfers :)
Yeah, his philosophy changed after 4 players left. Just goes to show, people hate something that benefits other teams. Funny how some are bothered by it.

Reaction Score
Fair enough, I was commenting on the surprising number of transfers in after his comments a couple of months ago (after Shelley and Chavez left) about standing pat on 11. With the later departures of Dugalic and Mikesell I thought he might pick up a couple transfers. Didn't see him taking potentially five.

Reaction Score

Just want to know why you are upset about it other than the team you follow did not get one of these transfers? Things change on rosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom