June Transfer Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

June Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I had missed this, but to the best of my knowledge Stanford has accepted their first ever transfer. Northwestern Grad transfer guard Jordan Hamilton is transferring to Stanford for her 5th year of eligibility.
Only first ever grad transfer. Brooke Smith transferred from Duke to Stanford after her freshman season back in (I think?) 2003.

Interestingly, I actually think Stanford could dip into the grad transfer pool again going forward. While most grad programs are very competitive, none is as competitive as the competition to transfer into Stanford as an undergraduate. In some years recently they have accepted as few as 20 or 30 transfers for a roughly 1% acceptance rate, and most are non-traditional students, served in the armed services, or come from community colleges. There's a reason Stanford rarely ever looks to transfers to fill a gap in nearly any sport we field.

Reaction Score
Yup. She’s not a POY/All-America talent. This is outrageous—I get being excited but c’mon.
She knows what she is doing by posting scoducks but not saying she wasn't committed, she is drumming up hype. She also had that graphic showing her final 2 schools. This is being conducted more like a high school recruitment than a college recruitment. Most college players are low key and Rodgers is just looking all about attention. Me me me. Just pick a school and move on

Reaction Score
She knows what she is doing by posting scoducks but not saying she wasn't committed, she is drumming up hype. She also had that graphic showing her final 2 schools. This is being conducted more like a high school recruitment than a college recruitment. Most college players are low key and Rodgers is just looking all about attention. Me me me. Just pick a school and move on
100%. Given that one fewer made field goal would have had her shooting under 40% last year, I’m not sure she’s going to be anybody’s missing piece.

Reaction Score
As I wrote before, not sure what her role would be with the Ducks. Paopao is the present and future PG. I get wanting insurance against injury or something from Graves viewpoint. But what is Rogers motivation?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I cannot speak to the reasons Rodgers decided to leave USC (coaching change, mediocre program, doesn’t like the food), her situation does bring to mind Geno’s criticism of some players in the transfer portal, “lacking a plan.” She is a good player, but hardly a game changer. If AZ or OR actually offer her a scholarship, it may simply reflect their desire to add backcourt depth, not necessarily to find another starter. I have to wonder if Rodgers delay in her decision reflects a level of anxiety about what her role would be at either of her 2 finalists?

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Graves is known to run with 2 PG's though. Ionescu and Cazorla and then Ionescu and Minyon Moore. So he technically could run with Rogers and PaoPao. I guess it depends on how much of a PG Scherr turns out to be or if she and Parrish are more of the 2/3 rotations.
I watch a lot of PAC 12 basketball and Rogers is a decent player. The biggest thing I remember about her is that her teammates blew a lot of potential assists for her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Graves is know to run with 2 PG's though. Ionescu and Cazorla and then Ionescu and Minyon Moore. So he technically could run with Rogers and PaoPao. I guess it depends on how much of a PG Scherr turns out to be or if she and Parrish are more of the 2/3 rotations.
I watch a lot of PAC 12 basketball and Rogers is a decent player. The biggest thing I remember about her is that her teammates blew a lot of potential assists for her.
Is it possible that both parties are looking at from a "Oregon made it work when Minyon transferred here?". Totally forgot about her until this post mentioned her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
While I cannot speak to the reasons Rodgers decided to leave USC (coaching change, mediocre program, doesn’t like the food), her situation does bring to mind Geno’s criticism of some players in the transfer portal, “lacking a plan.” She is a good player, but hardly a game changer. If AZ or OR actually offer her a scholarship, it may simply reflect their desire to add backcourt depth, not necessarily to find another starter. I have to wonder if Rodgers delay in her decision reflects a level of anxiety about what her role would be at either of her 2 finalists?
Rogers will start regardless if she chooses Oregon or Arizona next season.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
100%. Given that one fewer made field goal would have had her shooting under 40% last year, I’m not sure she’s going to be anybody’s missing piece.
I actually do think she could be Arizona’s missing piece. They need a PG who can also get her own when necessary. Pellington cannot shoot. I don't think Rogers is going to make an impact on Oregon. They have Paopao now and Bigby for the future. But who knows?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I actually do think she could be Arizona’s missing piece. They need a PG who can also get her own when necessary. Pellington cannot shoot. I don't think Rogers is going to make an impact on Oregon. They have Paopao now and Bigby for the future. But who knows?
Exactly! I don't like the antics she pulling here but let's face it the best guard returning between Arizona and Oregon is Paopao. Rogers is a comparable player to Paopao and better than anyone returning to Arizona. The concept of her being a backup at either school is ill conceived. As far as being a "missing piece" I'm not even sure what that means. Arizona and Oregon were recent FF teams, is she the type of player that can return the program to that level? Of course not, but she good enough to start at either of those schools next year.

Reaction Score
Exactly! I don't like the antics she pulling here but let's face it the best guard returning between Arizona and Oregon is Paopao. Rogers is a comparable player to Paopao and better than anyone returning to Arizona. The concept of her being a backup at either school is ill conceived. As far as being a "missing piece" I'm not even sure what that means. Arizona and Oregon were recent FF teams, is she the type of player that can return the program to that level? Of course not, but she good enough to start at either of those schools next year.
CocoHusky and Azgirl,

This article might help with your discussion on Rogers.

“I really just wanted to go somewhere and win. I couldn’t wait any longer, honestly. Not that they won’t win at USC, but there’s too much going on over there," she said of her decision to transfer from the Trojans. "I just think they’re both great programs. Both head coaches are great. They both know what they’re doing… Oregon and Arizona are top four in the conference, so why not?"

The two schools have different visions for how they'd utilize her. The 5-foot-7 guard primarily acted as a point guard during two seasons with USC. The Ducks have their lead guard of the present and future in freshman Te-Hina Paopao. Graves has pitched the idea of Rogers playing off of Paopao as a secondary ball-handler at times, while Arizona sees her as their potential starting point guard.

“Me and Te-Hina, we could run the show up there," she said. “If I know you can create and you can run it and make a play, I don’t mind playing off the ball. But if I know you can’t create and you’re causing confusion, that’s something I can’t do it."

Reaction Score
CocoHusky and Azgirl,

This article might help with your discussion on Rogers.

“I really just wanted to go somewhere and win. I couldn’t wait any longer, honestly. Not that they won’t win at USC, but there’s too much going on over there," she said of her decision to transfer from the Trojans. "I just think they’re both great programs. Both head coaches are great. They both know what they’re doing… Oregon and Arizona are top four in the conference, so why not?"

The two schools have different visions for how they'd utilize her. The 5-foot-7 guard primarily acted as a point guard during two seasons with USC. The Ducks have their lead guard of the present and future in freshman Te-Hina Paopao. Graves has pitched the idea of Rogers playing off of Paopao as a secondary ball-handler at times, while Arizona sees her as their potential starting point guard.

“Me and Te-Hina, we could run the show up there," she said. “If I know you can create and you can run it and make a play, I don’t mind playing off the ball. But if I know you can’t create and you’re causing confusion, that’s something I can’t do it."
She seems a bit high maintenance as if she's POY material LOL smh These comments are not someone id want on my team .

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Oh-kay . . .

That’s a bunch. Shug Dickson is a familiar name and something of a basketball nomad. She played against UConn for Tulsa, subsequently transferred to TX Tech, on to Mizzou and now to Rutgers.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That’s a bunch. Shug Dickson is a familiar name and something of a basketball nomad. She played against UConn for Tulsa, subsequently transferred to TX Tech, on to Mizzou and now to Rutgers.
Maybe she is trying to find some of that Fiskekaker you mentioned above. It must be hard to find.

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
I think this ratio is pretty normal for schools that offer a lot of sports. Only a few sports have full scholarships for all or most of the players. Some sports allow splitting scholarships, so multiple players can each have a partial scholarship. WBB allows 15 full scholarships and no splitting, MBB 12 and no splitting, football 85 (I think) and no splitting. Most others have fewer and do allow splitting.
The headcount sports (don't allow partial scholarships) are football, men's and women's basketball, women's volleyball, women's tennis and women's gymnastics. All other sports are equivalency sports. Those allow partial scholarships where two or more players may get the equivalent of one full scholarship.

As for the Rogers discussion, I think the Ionescu and Moore situation was different than the current situation because Moore was meant to shore up defense. She was not meant to be a scorer. Can Oregon do the same with two PG who are both involved in scoring the ball?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69