June Transfer Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

June Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fair enough, I was commenting on the surprising number of transfers in after his comments a couple of months ago (after Shelley and Chavez left) about standing pat on 11. With the later departures of Dugalic and Mikesell I thought he might pick up a couple transfers. Didn't see him taking potentially five.
Assistants change too so maybe the convinced him on a change. Btw the change was good. The new assistant from zona is turning out to be a great recruiter. She is real relentless and I heard she has brought some interest back into Oregon that Campbell did not garner for beyond 2022

Reaction Score
Not sure why this is an issue for some. Graves changed his mind about going with 10. Maybe he remembered that he had only seven healthy players by the time they got to the Final Four and it cost them. Twelve always seems like a good number with the right mix. Rogers hardly a sure thing but if she comes it likely indicates another player or two might not be available (eligibility, medical issue, or…). I think he is looking at twelve. Losing the versatile Dugalic changed his thinking IMO.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Funny thing is that Graves didn't have to throw shade at the transfer portal a couple of months ago, and those coaches who were mining it (if that's how most interpreted his comments). In the end, he comes across as a hypocrite, IMO. Sometimes it's okay to bite your tongue when talking with the media.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is that Graves didn't have to throw shade at the transfer portal a couple of months ago, and those coaches who were mining it (if that's how most interpreted his comments). In the end, he comes across as a hypocrite, IMO. Sometimes it's okay to bite your tongue when talking with the media.
You mean like Mike White?

Reaction Score
Not sure why this is an issue for some. Graves changed his mind about going with 10. Maybe he remembered that he had only seven healthy players by the time they got to the Final Four and it cost them. Twelve always seems like a good number with the right mix. Rogers hardly a sure thing but if she comes it likely indicates another player or two might not be available (eligibility, medical issue, or…). I think he is looking at twelve. Losing the versatile Dugalic changed his thinking IMO.
Exactly, Maybe Jackie Nared Hairston convinced him? Still believe Dugalic was the biggest loss and everything else looks to be an upgrade from there or at least an even exchange,

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Just want to know why you are upset about it other than the team you follow did not get one of these transfers? Things change on rosters.
a. I'm not upset about it. Was more trying to explain from a neutral standpoint how some people have interpreted Graves' actions in light of his past comments. Notice in my post on the matter, I said, "I'm not even sure there is an issue."
b. My team did not want any of those transfers lol.

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone is upset that he’s picking up players. I think most are confused how fast his opinion flip flopped, after being extremely outspoken to the media on this topic. I do agree with another poster, it does seem hypocritical. But hey, all is fair, so good for him if he gets some good players from the portal. Maybe next time he’ll think twice about speaking so strongly against something that could benefit his team.

Reaction Score
That’s a bunch. Shug Dickson is a familiar name and something of a basketball nomad. She played against UConn for Tulsa, subsequently transferred to TX Tech, on to Mizzou and now to Rutgers.
Thanks for reminding me who Shug Dickson is. I thought the name was familiar, but couldn’t place it.

Reaction Score
Endyia Rogers is visiting Arizona this week. 106 degrees temperatures to boot

Reaction Score
Endyia Rogers is visiting Arizona this week. 106 degrees temperatures to boot
Yikes. I had to convert that into Celsuis..........41 degrees?!?!?! I've heard it's a dry heat in Arizona, does that help matters?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Why the seeming derison (the lol) of Ms. Veitenheimer? Whlle she perhaps didn't live up to her Top 25 ranking in Prospects Nation coming out of high school, she graduated ahead of time, started 75% of the games she played in the last two years and made the Big12 Academic team. Hard-nosed kid who helps teams.

I thought she'd be the type of player who would thrive under new coach, Jen B., but perhaps some coversations with the new coach proved otherwise. Or perhaps there's a grad school or program she's after? She's a Texas native, so maybe somewhere in the Lone Star State? Good luck to her.

Reaction Score
This mystifies me.
You are giving up an Ivy league education to play basketball at Bryant?

Reaction Score
This mystifies me.

I have never heard of this school so had to google it. Perhaps she has other priorities :)

Bryant University

The University has developed a reputation for being one of the best party schools in Rhode Island. They specialize in business education and alcohol. The school's reputation has attracted a student body of young people who are attracted to the party life.

Reaction Score
I have never heard of this school so had to google it. Perhaps she has other priorities :)

Bryant University

The University has developed a reputation for being one of the best party schools in Rhode Island. They specialize in business education and alcohol. The school's reputation has attracted a student body of young people who are attracted to the party life.
"one of the best"
There are 12 colleges in RI, several of which are commuter schools.

Business-oriented college. Used to be D2 before moving up ~10-15 years ago.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
actually it does.
Furthermore, it's blazing hot all over Oregon (and Washington) right now, so Arizona might actually be nicer w/ its dry heat. Right now I'm about an hour east of Portland, on the Washington side of the Columbia River. I just checked, temperature is showing as 106 at 4 pm. Yesterday the heat kept rising til about 6. If that happens again, might hit 110. That's unheard of for around here.

edit--108 a few minutes before 6; pretty sure that's the hottest temp I've ever experienced first hand

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

She started by saying God had other plans for her and mentioned that Kara was amazing. Having heard it I still confused. Sounds like Duke mercifully released her from her scholarship agreement so she could be closer to home and be with Family that was struggling with COVID. Is Raul indicating otherwise -wrong doing on the part of Duke?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
This mystifies me.

If Kayla Padilla stays for her extra year, that the NCAA gave players Ms Reynolds will hardly get on the floor for 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom