June Transfer Thread | The Boneyard

June Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I had missed this, but to the best of my knowledge Stanford has accepted their first ever transfer. Northwestern Grad transfer guard Jordan Hamilton is transferring to Stanford for her 5th year of eligibility.

Unless I’m mistaken, with the return of Anna Wilson for her 6th year, Stanford already has 15 scholarship players on their roster. It may simply mean that Hamilton is a very good student who’s been accepted into a graduate program at Stanford and has persuaded Tara to let her play as a walk-on.

Hamilton was a solid player in her 4 years at Northwestern, but not necessarily a star. While Stanford is loaded in the front court, they certainly could use some experienced backcourt depth. Still, Tara is going to have to come up with some creative substitution patterns to find PT for a talented 16 player roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
i thought today was supposed to be The Decision for Endyia Rogers. I'm on twitter refreshing every couple minutes,,

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Is Jordan Lewis still set on attending Baylor as a grad-transfer? Her twitter account status doesn't display any reference to being a Baylor WBB player (could have sworn it did after she committed/signed in late April; perhaps it never did). But, her Instagram account status does still indicate she's part of the Baylor WBB program.

If she's not going to Baylor, that would explain why Collen and new Baylor assistant coach Tari Cummings are following Oklahoma State transfer PG Ja'mee Asberry on Instagram. Or, perhaps they want Asberry regardless of backcourt position.

Reaction Score
i thought today was supposed to be The Decision for Endyia Rogers. I'm on twitter refreshing every couple minutes,,
Not sure. There's an article in the June Non-UConn thread from an Oregon paper indicating she was supposed to be visiting soon. I think visits to campus can start as of today.

Reaction Score
Is Jordan Lewis still set on attending Baylor as a grad-transfer? Her twitter account status doesn't display any reference to being a Baylor WBB player (could have sworn it did after she committed/signed in late April; perhaps it never did). But, her Instagram account status does still indicate she's part of the Baylor WBB program.

If she's not going to Baylor, that would explain why Collen and new Baylor assistant coach Tari Cummings are following Oklahoma State transfer PG Ja'mee Asberry on Instagram. Or, perhaps they want Asberry regardless of backcourt position.
They did lose Carr and Oliver, so they certainly need help and bodies in the backcourt. I believe Lewis confirmed she is still heading to Baylor.

FWIW, TheBallOut media reported Asberry was heading to Baylor a week or so ago. Their sources seem to be spot on.

Reaction Score
I had missed this, but to the best of my knowledge Stanford has accepted their first ever transfer. Northwestern Grad transfer guard Jordan Hamilton is transferring to Stanford for her 5th year of eligibility.

Unless I’m mistaken, with the return of Anna Wilson for her 6th year, Stanford already has 15 scholarship players on their roster. It may simply mean that Hamilton is a very good student who’s been accepted into a graduate program at Stanford and has persuaded Tara to let her play as a walk-on.

Hamilton was a solid player in her 4 years at Northwestern, but not necessarily a star. While Stanford is loaded in the front court, they certainly could use some experienced backcourt depth. Still, Tara is going to have to come up with some creative substitution patterns to find PT for a talented 16 player roster.
next year and next year only NCAA said that schools could carry more than 15 scholarships as part of the CoVid free year program. after next year it goes back to 15

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
next year and next year only NCAA said that schools could carry more than 15 scholarships as part of the CoVid free year program. after next year it goes back to 15
I stand corrected. Thanks.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
They did lose Carr and Oliver, so they certainly need help and bodies in the backcourt. I believe Lewis confirmed she is still heading to Baylor.

FWIW, TheBallOut media reported Asberry was heading to Baylor a week or so ago. Their sources seem to be spot on.
Interesting considering she barely announced her departure on social media last Thursday, May 27. Perhaps it's been in the works longer.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I would assume this could be an announcement of a commitment/signing, but these days it could be a list of destination finalists . . .

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score

This was covered in the May transfer thread. A couple of small corrections:

Stanford actually has 17 players on the roster with the addition of Hamilton. (No idea how that will work!)

Hamilton is Stanford WBB's first grad transfer, but not the first transfer. Brooke Smith was the most recent previous transfer. She spent her freshman year at Duke.

Reaction Score
I saw someone else said NCAA is allowing it. But would it matter walk on or not either way? Doesn’t Stanford not give out athletic scholarships regardless?

Reaction Score
Iowa's Megan Meyer ends up at Drake. Initially didn't think they had room for another guard but wasn't aware senior-to-be Kierra Collier had transferred to Depaul recently. Collier from KC area; as a freshman was a part-time starter for Univ of Washington before transferring to Drake. UConn fans will get to see her this upcoming season. Missouri Valley will be a good match for Meyer's talent.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I saw someone else said NCAA is allowing it. But would it matter walk on or not either way? Doesn’t Stanford not give out athletic scholarships regardless?
Stanford does give athletic scholarships. In fact, all the WBB scholarships are endowed by wealthy alumni. Another poster pointed out that the NCAA has granted a 1-year only increase to the number of scholarships a school can offer due to the pandemic and the NCAA’s prior ruling that this past year doesn’t count towards eligibility.

Reaction Score
Stanford does give athletic scholarships. In fact, all the WBB scholarships are endowed by wealthy alumni. Another poster pointed out that the NCAA has granted a 1-year only increase to the number of scholarships a school can offer due to the pandemic and the NCAA’s prior ruling that this past year doesn’t count towards eligibility.
Thanks for the info. Saw on their website that “Stanford offers over 350 athletic scholarships and approximately 900 students participate in intercollegiate sports” so just wasn’t sure how that worked.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Let’s geaux!!!!!’

Surprised it took so long, unless Moon & Kim were sitting on the news until she completed her coursework at Baylor.

Reaction Score
Surprised it took so long, unless Moon & Kim were sitting on the news until she completed her coursework at Baylor.
Probably had to workout the logistics of nursing program as well

Last edited:

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. Saw on their website that “Stanford offers over 350 athletic scholarships and approximately 900 students participate in intercollegiate sports” so just wasn’t sure how that worked.
I think this ratio is pretty normal for schools that offer a lot of sports. Only a few sports have full scholarships for all or most of the players. Some sports allow splitting scholarships, so multiple players can each have a partial scholarship. WBB allows 15 full scholarships and no splitting, MBB 12 and no splitting, football 85 (I think) and no splitting. Most others have fewer and do allow splitting.

Reaction Score
I think this ratio is pretty normal for schools that offer a lot of sports. Only a few sports have full scholarships for all or most of the players. Some sports allow splitting scholarships, so multiple players can each have a partial scholarship. WBB allows 15 full scholarships and no splitting, MBB 12 and no splitting, football 85 (I think) and no splitting. Most others have fewer and do allow splitting.
College baseball has only 11.7 scholarships and everybody uses splitting. Few players get full rides.

8 position starters and four-pitcher rotations means you really have 12 starters but only 11.7 scholarships.

Reaction Score
A very nice addition for Baylor:

Good get for Coach Collen and Coach Cummings. Maybe that will temporarily silence some of the sicem doomsayers.

Is it weird that Baylor doesn't have any other AC's hired yet? Is there a contest between BU and LSU about who will announce their staffs last?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Good get for Coach Collen and Coach Cummings. Maybe that will temporarily silence some of the sicem doomsayers.

Is it weird that Baylor doesn't have any other AC's hired yet? Is there a contest between BU and LSU about who will announce their staffs last?
Although they aren't replacing a head coach, Oregon St. is also in on this sweepstakes. They've had 2 open assistant coaching positions for some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom