June 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | The Boneyard

June 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Hoping for lots of good news in June. If not more great recruiting news, then a return to campus for athletes. Perhaps both!
Wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the athletes to return to campus. At this point I would say it's out of UConn's hands.

Reaction Score
UCONN currently number 2 class in this ranking. Oregon State above South Carolina is surprising.

I'd question the credibility of any recruiting service that still has Azzi Fudd's height listed as 5'8. While it can be difficult getting a consensus on any one recruit's height Azzi's height of 5'11 seems to be nearly unanimous. She probably hasn't measured at that height since she was in middle school.

Reaction Score
I'd question the credibility of any recruiting service that still has Azzi Fudd's height listed as 5'8. While it can be difficult getting a consensus on any one recruit's height Azzi's height of 5'11 seems to be nearly unanimous. She probably hasn't measured at that height since she was in middle school.
Wait, so you are telling me that potentially being off 3 inches in regards to a woman's height is a measure of a recruiting service's credibility? Then how do you explain why ESPN Hoopgurlz lists Jersey Wolfenbarger as 6'1" while ProspectsNation lists her at 6'5"? Which service of the 2 should I believe more? Which should I deem as more credible? Maybe more criteria is needed in order to judge.

P.S. Jersey Wolfenbarger lists herself as 6'5" on twitter...so ProspectsNation >>> ESPN Hoopgurlz?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
May I propose a department of height to answer these questions or at least a committee of height to include prominent BYers and maybe some on other boards as well. Possibly a height czar to inveestigate all these tall tales ....

Reaction Score
Wait, you are telling me that potentially being off 3 inches in regards to a woman's height is a measure of a recruiting service's credibility? Then how do you explain why ESPN Hoopgurlz lists Jersey Wolfenbarger as 6'1" while ProspectsNation lists her at 6'5"? Which service of the 2 should I believe more? Which should I deem as more credible? Maybe more criteria is needed in order to judge.
I don't want to linger on Fudd but I'll answer. Fudd vs Wolfenbarger are two completely different cases: Fudd's height has been officially measured and verified at various national basketball events she's participated in since 2018 (AAU, USA). Her height was measured at 5'11, everytime. This information would be easily accessible to a recruiting service attending any of these events. Wolfenbarger, on the other hand, has been growing since her freshman year of high school, first from 5'9 freshman year to 6'1 when she was measured again in her sophomore year. She continued to grow as a junior which would explain the varying heights from different sites.
If a site that specializes in women's basketball recruiting is a whole three inches off on the height of arguably the best player in high school regardless of class, which has been essentially the same for over two years now and easily available (just google "Azzi Fudd height") then, yes, I question their credibility.

Reaction Score
I don't want to linger on Fudd but I'll answer. Fudd vs Wolfenbarger are two completely different cases: Fudd's height has been officially measured and verified at various national basketball events she's participated in since 2018 (AAU, USA). Her height was measured at 5'11, everytime. This information would be easily accessible to a recruiting service attending any of these events. Wolfenbarger, on the other hand, has been growing since her freshman year of high school, first from 5'9 freshman year to 6'1 when she was measured again in her sophomore year. She continued to grow as a junior which would explain the varying heights from different sites.
If a site that specializes in women's basketball recruiting is a whole three inches off on the height of arguably the best player in high school regardless of class, which has been essentially the same for over two years now and easily available (just google "Azzi Fudd height") then, yes, I question their credibility.
Her actual profile lists her at 5'11":

Reaction Score
Sorry, not buying it. So World Exposure Report got one player wrong. I'm sure they have the heights of other players wrong or different too, just like ESPN Hoopgurlz, ProspectsNation, ASGR, and other recruiting or scouting services/reports that show different heights for MANY different players. There are a lot of discrepancies on player height among the services. Wolfenbarger is just one example. None of the services is a bastion of consistent accuracy on player heights. I simply think additional "measuring" sticks besides player height are needed to assess the credibility of a service.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

I don't know what Azzi's actual height is, but she and Bueckers constantly both get listed at 5-11 and all video/photo evidence of the two of them together shows that Paige is a couple inches taller. So it would not surprise me that Azzi is closer to 5-8. At the very least, the listed heights are obviously not always accurate.

Reaction Score
It’s all in the details

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
May I propose a department of height to answer these questions or at least a committee of height to include prominent BYers and maybe some on other boards as well. Possibly a height czar to inveestigate all these tall tales ....
The standard is to have your photo taken standing next to @MilfordHusky, the Boneyard's official Head Height Honcho (HHH). Of course, social distancing makes that difficult.

Reaction Score
This is an interesting post. Apparently there are no accepted standards in listing of heights. With/without game day shoes, what is the official increment (1/4", 1/2", Millimeter, truncated, rounded, and so on. Get it at least to within and inch. My personal pet peeve is that WBB seems to rarely even list it in their lineup reports which I find frustrating. We keep talking about which teams play big but then never list the heights of the starters so who would know unless they were a fan of that particular team. Frustrating to me!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom