July recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

July recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a strong feeling that Vukosa Strong and Koval are all coming to UConn.

In the article linked above, it mentioned that academics are a huge part of her decision. The writer thinks ND or Stanford (where she’s visited or plans to visit).

I still haven’t gotten the impression that she’s interested in UConn, but we’ll be finding out within the next few months.

Reaction Score
In the article linked above, it mentioned that academics are a huge part of her decision. The writer thinks ND or Stanford (where she’s visited or plans to visit).

I still haven’t gotten the impression that she’s interested in UConn, but we’ll be finding out within the next few months.
I agree. If she has any interest she would've scheduled an unofficial by now like with the other schools. And I don't think UConn has put much time into her either.

Reaction Score

Who?? Koval?

Reaction Score
UConn offered Addison Bjorn. #8 in 2026, 6-0 G. Was on the USA U16 team
IMG_3177.jpeg

Reaction Score
UConn offered Addison Bjorn. #8 in 2026, 6-0 G. Was on the USA U16 team
View attachment 89699
Given the depth of that 2026 class, I'm a little surprised that UConn offered this early. I don't know if McGaughy or Bjorn were his primary interest going out there but it looks like Bjorn really impressed Auriemma out in Omaha last weekend. She'll be one to keep an eye on going forward.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Yeah, she looks bigger than 6'0". I like how she helps the girl up after blocking her shot. She doesn't need cheap advantages to beat you.
I have her as 6'1" (I usually go with the heights associated with U.S.A. Basketball team). The long appendages do have a "Stewiesque" look. She also reminds me facially of an ND wing from a few years back: Maddie Cable, who was good at crashing boards, as well.

Reaction Score
That’s crazy talk! :)
I think Vukosa is likely, Strong slightly less so, but Koval? I’m not feeling it. I hope I’m wrong, of course, but I just haven’t seen much that leads me to think Koval is seriously considering us. If we can just get Strong and Vukosa though, I think I can probably survive the terrible los of Koval:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Bjorn looks spectacular in videos, really amazed by her ball handling with her size. I looked her up and saw that she also runs track and clocked a 57.9 quarter mile—that's a pretty good time.

Still, I'm surprised she was offered so early...did she visit? The ones from that class I follow on social media, Jerzy Robinson and McKenna Woliczko, I don't think either of them have offers and they seemed to be the best two from the FIBA event.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think Vukosa is likely, Strong slightly less so, but Koval? I’m not feeling it. I hope I’m wrong, of course, but I just haven’t seen much that leads me to think Koval is seriously considering us. If we can just get Strong and Vukosa though, I think I can probably survive the terrible los of Koval:rolleyes:
I don't think Koval would be a big loss. Especially if UConn can get Strong, Vukosa and Woliczko.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
New Morgan Valley follow...Ajsa Sivka

@SARG 2101, just for my own education. Can you or anyone else explain how this young lady, or any other international player, gets recruited? How did Morgan Valley hear of this young lady so that she now follows her on social media? Or, is there a web site where potential student athletes upload videos of themselves?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
@SARG 2101, just for my own education. Can you or anyone else explain how this young lady, or any other international player, gets recruited? How did Morgan Valley hear of this young lady so that she now follows her on social media? Or, is there a web site where potential student athletes upload videos of themselves?
Please start a new thread or see the thread below. Let’s keep this one for UConn players of interest only

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This thread is for UCONN players of interest only.

Start a new thread for other discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog