9 REB
2 AST

3/6 2FG
2/4 3FG
1/2 FT

2 TO
0 STL
4 BLK

Overall: Akok clone with a higher skill level at the same stage. Great athlete, amazing defender. Deserves to be a 5* and we need to reel him in ASAP. Great in transition, decent shooter but not great. Needs to get stronger for the next level and improve handle to be a scorer in the half-court.

Notes:
  • I can see why he’s a 5*. I expect a rankings bump. I’d guess consistently 15-30 range. 2 blocks, 2 rebounds and a 3 in the first 3 minutes of gameplay. Ridiculous.
  • Shot is pretty wonky looking.
  • Built exactly like Akok was before his junior year. Long, lean, maybe 6’9 but still growing, I bet.
  • Will struggle to score in the half court outside of 3s until he’s bigger.
  • Not as athletic as some of our other 4s have been but he strikes me as more skilled and natural of an athlete. Still a very solid athlete.
  • Doesn’t hang his head after a bad play… just plays defense harder.
  • Seems like he can guard ANYONE
  • Unstoppable if he catches the ball on the run
  • Freak defender. So many blocks. I probably missed a couple tips + all the ones people are afraid to take
  • Drew a great charge and hit the floor hard
  • Gets bodies by 5s. Needs to bulk up

Lemond

Overall: Has all the skills we’re looking for in guards except he can’t shoot. If he isn’t going to even TAKE 3s in games or be a threat to shoot, I hope we take our recruitment in a different direction. Hopefully he improves that this hs season. There’s not much place for 6’3 guys who can’t shoot the rock in high-major basketball.

8 PTS
5 REB
3 AST

3 TO
4 STL
0 BLK

4/8 2FG
0/0 3FG
0/0 FT

Notes:
  • Very quick. He blew buy guys straight up with no pump fake or jab multiple times.
  • Handle seems pretty good, but not great. Lefty driver righty shooter?
  • Didn’t take a jumper… must not be a good shooter at all.
  • I don’t think he’s a very good shooter at this point--very concerning at 6’3 or so.
  • Guarding Griffiths.
  • Tough at the rim for his size. Didn’t see any crafty finishes, but seems to have good body control.
  • Uses the jump stop in the post well.
  • Shifty with his dribble. Nice hesi
  • GREAT full court defender with his quickness
  • Like his lead guard potential.
  • Super skinny
  • Plays a bit like high school gaff w/ out shooting. More aggressive at the rim.

Reaction Score
With 3 min left in the game.

Bol-Bowen + Gavin Griffith + Matas Buzelis likely does not outweigh 1 Clingan. All these kids have game but their bodies will become better.

1:30sec into the game, both Gavin & Taylor had each hit a 3. Bowen looks for threes more than I assumed. Liked numerous specific plays. Once moving towards the 3 point line from the paint a kid was covering him hard so he backcut hard, got the pass and dunked. I liked the IQ read. Another play was a give and go from Gavin that was textbook. Both plays together show that he is thinking the game. Bowen battles in the paint and jumps quick. He makes his share of plays there, but wouldn't survive a Sanogo until he matures body wise a bit. Nice and mobile. A ton of potential.

Gavin is a real nice shooter. Admitting that I have no idea if I was correctly watching Ducharme, Griffiths is the shooter had had expected Ducharme was.

I'd have to watch this game again to give an opinion on Lemond because I hardly noticed him. He must have scored at times I broke away to try and watch Buzelis. I only saw 1 breakaway run of the mill layup and by the box score there was more.

Reaction Score
Gavin Griffiths is killing people in this expressions game. Has 12/3/2 10 minutes in.
He had a stinker after that shooting it as did the whole Expressions team, they got killed on the boards. He's a very talented offensive player with deep range and ideal length and athleticism for a 2/3. My wants for the '23 class are Miranda, Bol Bowen, and Griffiths. Bol Bowen and Griffiths are tight. Haven't seen any actual games from Lemond so can't say about him but I know the staff likes him and are very involved.

Reaction Score
He had a stinker after that shooting it as did the whole Expressions team, they got killed on the boards. He's a very talented offensive player with deep range and ideal length and athleticism for a 2/3. My wants for the '23 class are Miranda, Bol Bowen, and Griffiths. Bol Bowen and Griffiths are tight. Haven't seen any actual games from Lemond so can't say about him but I know the staff likes him and are very involved.

It was just one game. I'll watch a couple more this weekend, but I came away less than impressed with Lemond. Hopefully the total and complete inability to shoot the basketball was an anomaly.

Reaction Score
It was just one game. I'll watch a couple more this weekend, but I came away less than impressed with Lemond. Hopefully the total and complete inability to shoot the basketball was an anomaly.
Don't like hearing about the shooting. Just from highlights he doesn't seem like a great athlete. Don't know what are supposed to be his strengths and weaknesses, really know nothing about his game.

Reaction Score
Watching Floyd Jr and team Final right now. Wasn’t at all impressed with the PG and come to find out it’s Justice Williams.

On another note I forgot how stacked these teams can be. Lively and Duren in the same frontcourt is scary.

Reaction Score
Love the cajones on that shot. He hadn't played a very good game... only 1/4 from the field, but still trusted himself to make it.
Thought he wasn’t very active throughout but in the final 4 minutes made some winning plays, especially the buzzer beater.

Reaction Score
Thought he wasn’t very active throughout but in the final 4 minutes made some winning plays, especially the buzzer beater.

AAU is weird. They play so many games and are go go go go so much, even the best players have major stinkers.

Reaction Score
The effort level in AAU is disgusting sometimes
In the other teams defense the basket definitely should not have counted the clock paused at 2.5 seconds for whatever reason and then started up again

Reaction Score
In the other teams defense the basket definitely should not have counted the clock paused at 2.5 seconds for whatever reason and then started up again

Play through the whistle/horn. Rule #1 in AAU.

Reaction Score
He also didn't get the shot off before the buzzer but doesn't matter now since they counted it. He'll get the timing right under Hurley

Reaction Score
Play through the whistle/horn. Rule #1 in AAU.
When I used to play AAU a kid on the opposing team took the shot literally two full seconds after the buzzer and they counted it. We lost by 1 Lol

Reaction Score
Bowen

13 PTS
9 REB
2 AST

3/6 2FG
2/4 3FG
1/2 FT

2 TO
0 STL
4 BLK

Overall: Akok clone with a higher skill level at the same stage. Great athlete, amazing defender. Deserves to be a 5* and we need to reel him in ASAP. Great in transition, decent shooter but not great. Needs to get stronger for the next level and improve handle to be a scorer in the half-court.

Notes:
  • I can see why he’s a 5*. I expect a rankings bump. I’d guess consistently 15-30 range. 2 blocks, 2 rebounds and a 3 in the first 3 minutes of gameplay. Ridiculous.
  • Shot is pretty wonky looking.
  • Built exactly like Akok was before his junior year. Long, lean, maybe 6’9 but still growing, I bet.
  • Will struggle to score in the half court outside of 3s until he’s bigger.
  • Not as athletic as some of our other 4s have been but he strikes me as more skilled and natural of an athlete. Still a very solid athlete.
  • Doesn’t hang his head after a bad play… just plays defense harder.
  • Seems like he can guard ANYONE
  • Unstoppable if he catches the ball on the run
  • Freak defender. So many blocks. I probably missed a couple tips + all the ones people are afraid to take
  • Drew a great charge and hit the floor hard
  • Gets bodies by 5s. Needs to bulk up

Lemond

Overall: Has all the skills we’re looking for in guards except he can’t shoot. If he isn’t going to even TAKE 3s in games or be a threat to shoot, I hope we take our recruitment in a different direction. Hopefully he improves that this hs season. There’s not much place for 6’3 guys who can’t shoot the rock in high-major basketball.

8 PTS
5 REB
3 AST

3 TO
4 STL
0 BLK

4/8 2FG
0/0 3FG
0/0 FT

Notes:
  • Very quick. He blew buy guys straight up with no pump fake or jab multiple times.
  • Handle seems pretty good, but not great. Lefty driver righty shooter?
  • Didn’t take a jumper… must not be a good shooter at all.
  • I don’t think he’s a very good shooter at this point--very concerning at 6’3 or so.
  • Guarding Griffiths.
  • Tough at the rim for his size. Didn’t see any crafty finishes, but seems to have good body control.
  • Uses the jump stop in the post well.
  • Shifty with his dribble. Nice hesi
  • GREAT full court defender with his quickness
  • Like his lead guard potential.
  • Super skinny
  • Plays a bit like high school gaff w/ out shooting. More aggressive at the rim.
I'm just realizing Lemond was in the game I watched and I had no clue who he was.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Watching this NY Runs game and Dominick Barlow, who's playing over Flip, is going absolutely insane. Crazy bounce.

Reaction Score
Watching this NY Runs game and Dominick Barlow, who's playing over Flip, is going absolutely insane. Crazy bounce.
best player on the floor by far he's going crazy. not very highly ranked but has some good offers.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
best player on the floor by far he's going crazy. not very highly ranked but has some good offers.
Yeah he's really dominated. Been the go to option for them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom