JUDGE DID IT! (Merged thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

JUDGE DID IT! (Merged thread)

Reaction Score
No one has ever done what Ohtani does, except for "you know who". I think what he does continues to be under-appreciated by the baseball world. He is in a category all by himself.. That said, there's little doubt that Judge will be the MVP. It's refreshing to see a guy who plays the game the right way also be so very talented.
Do you think that if the Yankees let Ruth pitch as much as Ohtani has , that they would have been as successful in the win column. Ohtani is a abberant in baseball. The MVP should go to the player that most exemplifies the traditions of baseball,ala the home run leader or the highest batting average among other worthy factors. Judge has fulfilled the criteria that exemplifies what the MVP should have accomplished in order to win. And I predict he will win TWQ MORE. GO JUDGE! GO YANKEES!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Do you think that if the Yankees let Ruth pitch as much as Ohtani has , that they would have been as successful in the win column. Ohtani is a abberant in baseball. The MVP should go to the player that most exemplifies the traditions of baseball,ala the home run leader or the highest batting average among other worthy factors. Judge has fulfilled the criteria that exemplifies what the MVP should have accomplished in order to win. And I predict he will win TWQ MORE. GO JUDGE! GO YANKEES!!!
I had pointed out in another post that Boston had already begun to significantly cut back Ruth’s pitching in the 2 years before he was traded to the Yankees, and it was only then that he became a regular position player. In addition, there was no option for Ruth to DH like Ohtani, on the days he wasn’t pitching.

So back in the 1920’s, when all baseball games were played during the heat of the day, it is doubtful that a beer guzzling, hotdog eating player like Ruth could have managed to do what a fit young guy like Ohtani, who only DH’s when he’s not pitching, is able to do.

Reaction Score
Though he may not be a Yankee when(if) he wins any future MVP awards.

Reaction Score
He WILL be a Yankee when he signs his new contract. He is who he is because he is a Yankee and the Yankees are not so dumb as to let him go to another team. It will be the highest contract ever and the Yankees can afford to pay him whatever it takes. JUDGE is the face of the Yankees and if he went to another team he would lose untold millions in endorsements that only New York can command. He will lead the Yankees to WS title No.28, the most ever. GO YANKEES!!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
He WILL be a Yankee when he signs his new contract. He is who he is because he is a Yankee and the Yankees are not so dumb as to let him go to another team. It will be the highest contract ever and the Yankees can afford to pay him whatever it takes. JUDGE is the face of the Yankees and if he went to another team he would lose untold millions in endorsements that only New York can command. He will lead the Yankees to WS title No.28, the most ever. GO YANKEES!!!
Come on Brian Cashman.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
No one has ever done what Ohtani does, except for "you know who". I think what he does continues to be under-appreciated by the baseball world. He is in a category all by himself.. That said, there's little doubt that Judge will be the MVP. It's refreshing to see a guy who plays the game the right way also be so very talented.
Isn’t there, or should there be a difference between say Outstanding Player and MVP? Judge is clearly the MVP. His team won a division they might finish 4th in without him. And he set a revered record in doing it and his other numbers weren’t too shabby. And by the way, NYY seem to hammer Ohtani.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Judge having a brutal series. 5 strikeouts now and 1 BB in his 6 AB's

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The MVP should go to the player that most exemplifies the traditions of baseball,ala the home run leader or the highest batting average among other worthy factors.
So based on this Ohtani should never had got last seasons MVP award?

Reaction Score
So based on this Ohtani should never had got last seasons MVP award?
I did not say that he didn't deserve the MVP last year. But, the implication was, according to the poster, that if he has a reasonable season, he should win every year. If he hits 40 home runs and another player hits 59 home runs Or if he wins 15 games and another pitcher wins 22 games , he had a good season while the others had a great season. MY VOTE WOULD BE FOR THE GREAT SEASONS. GO HUSKIES!!!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Isn’t there, or should there be a difference between say Outstanding Player and MVP? Judge is clearly the MVP. His team won a division they might finish 4th in without him. And he set a revered record in doing it and his other numbers weren’t too shabby. And by the way, NYY seem to hammer Ohtani.
There is a difference between MVP and POY. The MLB MVP almost always goes to a player on a good team.

The Sporting News Player of the Year is often the same player, but sometimes goes to a player who had a better season for a team that’s not as good.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
There is a difference between MVP and POY. The MLB MVP almost always goes to a player on a good team.

The Sporting News Player of the Year is often the same player, but sometimes goes to a player who had a better season for a team that’s not as good.
Ernie Banks won the MVP in 1958 and 1959
Cubs record in 1958 was 72-82 and in 1959 it was 74-80-1
Neither was a "good team". Both teams finished 5th in the NL

In fact, seven modern-era MVP winners were on teams with a losing record: Giancarlo Stanton (2017), Trout (2016), Alex Rodriguez (2003), Cal Ripken Jr. (1991), Andre Dawson (1987) and Ernie Banks (1958 and 1959).

Reaction Score
Judge having a brutal series. 5 strikeouts now and 1 BB in his 6 AB's
Got that right. I was at the game last night when he had four strikeouts and a weak ground ball. Not sure what's going on. Maybe he just needs to get away from Yankee Stadium. There were boos last night from Yankee fans, and a fight nearly broke out in front of me between one Yankee fan and another Yankee fan who was relentlessly screaming at Judge. Security had to step in. Judge could break out of his slump in Cleveland tonight and this could all be moot. At least I hope so.

Reaction Score
Got that right. I was at the game last night when he had four strikeouts and a weak ground ball. Not sure what's going on. Maybe he just needs to get away from Yankee Stadium. There were boos last night from Yankee fans, and a fight nearly broke out in front of me between one Yankee fan and another Yankee fan who was relentlessly screaming at Judge. Security had to step in. Judge could break out of his slump in Cleveland tonight and this could all be moot. At least I hope so.
Sadly for Yankee fans, this is nothing new for Aaron. He's struck out about a third of his career post-season plate appearances and has five hits in his last 48 times at bat.

After such a great season, it's been sad to watch to this point in this series.

Reaction Score
Bonds didn’t do well in the postseason either. It’s not the NBA where you just get it to your star player and he takes over the game, or the NFL having your qb run the offense. Your best player in lineup gets only 4-5 plate appearances against better and smarter pitching.

Reaction Score
Bonds didn’t do well in the postseason either. It’s not the NBA where you just get it to your star player and he takes over the game, or the NFL having your qb run the offense. Your best player in lineup gets only 4-5 plate appearances against better and smarter pitching.
Agreed, Scoe... very well said. However, I just checked Bonds' stats and saw that in his one World Series, in 2002, he had an OBP of .700 in seven games, 21 of 30!

Your point that not all stars fare well in the post-season is true. Ted Williams would be a great example.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Ernie Banks won the MVP in 1958 and 1959
Cubs record in 1958 was 72-82 and in 1959 it was 74-80-1
Neither was a "good team". Both teams finished 5th in the NL

In fact, seven modern-era MVP winners were on teams with a losing record: Giancarlo Stanton (2017), Trout (2016), Alex Rodriguez (2003), Cal Ripken Jr. (1991), Andre Dawson (1987) and Ernie Banks (1958 and 1959).
Difference is Yankees won their division and Judge wasnt just the reason, he also broke a record and led the world in every offensive category. Would be silly if he isn’t named MVP. Excellent fielder too.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Judge, last 7 and 15 games of the season. Judge 175 SO(3rd most in the AL) Houdini wants to know where did he go?
DurationABRHHRRBIBBSOSBAVG
Last 7 Games225523680.227
Last 15 Games4511113419170.244

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Judge, last 7 and 15 games of the season. Judge 175 SO(3rd most in the AL) Houdini wants to know where did he go?
DurationABRHHRRBIBBSOSBAVG
Last 7 Games225523680.227
Last 15 Games4511113419170.244
Let's not judge Judge to hastily. Can't pass sentence until all the evidence is in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom