2023 Recruiting: - JP Estrella | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: JP Estrella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I actually believe Calhoun went to see him play in and offered him in Racine. I think he had to go to that school in Maine cause he ran out of public high school eligibility and had to get enough credits to be eligible at UConn
True...MCI prep in Maine had some good teams until they shut their program down...Sam Cassell played there too. I teach at a school that has a decent prep program, but nobody here has got any high d1 offers, that I am aware....difference is that Estrella is born true Maine kid...we also have a top-five recruit for the class of 2025.

Reaction Score
Here is a matchup between JP Estrella vs Ugonna Kingsley. This is an indicator of why JP Estrella's stock is rising. It's surprising how he is not even a top 100 recruit in rankings anywhere. Estrella is a very good big man.

Ugonna is a prototypical athletic big man athletic shot blocker that has served UCONN well over the years.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Here is a matchup between JP Estrella vs Ugonna Kingsley. This is an indicator of why JP Estrella's stock is rising. It's surprising how he is not even a top 100 recruit in rankings anywhere. Estrella is a very good big man.

Ugonna is a prototypical athletic big man athletic shot blocker that has served UCONN well over the years.

Like Samson he’ll jump from unranked to top-100 at some point. I like our chances here!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Kid looks very talented from the highlight video. A good inside/outside player.
Very mobile, good looking shot and keeps the ball high and puts it right back up after a rebound.
Curious to see how the staff moves forward with his recruitment.
He’s the type of player Creighton uses to annihilate us.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Evidently, that Canadian school has him as a top recruiting priority...
Which makes his eventual commitment to Connecticut all the sweeter.

(We are still doomed.)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He’s the type of player Creighton uses to annihilate us.
He's the type of center we need for our offense and defense. Honestly, if he gets strong enough, so is Samson Johnson. Would be a great fit if we can get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom