Josh Sharma (Committed to Stanford) | The Boneyard

Josh Sharma (Committed to Stanford)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think he was ever heavily involved with UConn but he did visit and there was some mutual interest.

https://twitter.com/NMHbasketball/status/524985836333715456/photo/1

I had said a while ago that he would go to a very good academic school that had big time athletics. His parents are all about academics and Sharma wanted to play basketball at a high level. So I figured somewhere like Stanford, Notre Dame or Virginia would be where he ended up.

Reaction Score
I thought Stanford only took Centers whom had a twin? ;)

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He was considered close to a lock for Wisconsin 2 months ago. Interesting.

Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncb...27/scouts-take-espn-100-sharma-picks-stanford

Who he reminds us of: Sharma grew up in the northeast and is now headed west to play his college basketball. Ironically, he's similar to another big man who grew up out west and came east to play his college basketball. Former UConn center Travis Knight came up the ranks in Utah before making the move across the country. Like Sharma he was a runner and jumper who could finish, block shots, and make mid-range jumpers but was rarely a low-post scoring threat with his back to the basket.

I said the same thing last summer! Ha!

Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncb...27/scouts-take-espn-100-sharma-picks-stanford

Who he reminds us of: Sharma grew up in the northeast and is now headed west to play his college basketball. Ironically, he's similar to another big man who grew up out west and came east to play his college basketball. Former UConn center Travis Knight came up the ranks in Utah before making the move across the country. Like Sharma he was a runner and jumper who could finish, block shots, and make mid-range jumpers but was rarely a low-post scoring threat with his back to the basket.

I said the same thing last summer! Ha!

I wonder if this is why we laid off him. Seems like he'd be somewhat redundant with Enoch.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this is why we laid off him. Seems like he'd be somewhat redundant with Enoch.

I guessing Stone & Baptiste were higher priorities at Center for the staff, rather than anything to do with Enoch, whose mostly seen as a PF. I've seen Sharma as a Center mostly. Enoch was almost an unknown when Sharma visited a while back.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn was never particularly interested - not a great fit.

This is a bad beat for Boston College.

Reaction Score
I guessing Stone & Baptiste were higher priorities at Center for the staff, rather than anything to do with Enoch, whose mostly seen as a PF. I've seen Sharma as a Center mostly. Enoch was almost an unknown when Sharma visited a while back.

No, I know that they're nominally listed at different positions, but it seems that they don't really fill different needs. Neither plays back to the basket, neither provides a lot in the low post. They're both lanky, face-up guys. Enoch just appears to have more range.

Reaction Score
Well if one of your main interests is academics and Stanford comes calling then it's a no brainer between Wisconsin and Stanford. Wisconsin is a pretty good school but it's definitely not Stanford.

Certainly Wisconsin is no Stanford (very few schools are) but Wisconsin is a really really good top tier public school. UCONN is on a trajectory to reach that same level in due time.

Reaction Score
Despite his name popping up here a fair bit, we never recruited Sharma.

Reaction Score
Liked his game. Certainly would rather have Diamond but this kid is going got be a nice player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom