Josh Carlton (C) commits to UConn! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton (C) commits to UConn!

Reaction Score
Josh Carlton had a more impressive list of offers than Ike Obiagu. I don't care where the recruiting gurus rank him. The coaches (you know, the real experts) obviously see a valuable player.

On top of that, he's characterized as a plus rebounder with good hands and at least some ability to pass. I'm failing to see the down side here?

On a side note, I had the chance to meet Christian Vital at Moe's earlier this month. Definitely a cool guy who just oozes confidence, and has a presence about him. Looking forward to seeing what he can do on the court!

Obiagu's offer list is Connecticut, Kansas, Arizona, Maryland, Louisville, Florida, LSU, Purdue, Cal, Tennessee, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Missouri, K-State, Auburn, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Florida State, Mississippi State, TCU, Cincinnati, Memphis, and Butler.

Carlton's is Connecticut, Penn State, K-State, TAMU, St. Joe's, La Salle, ODU, and Kent State. How is that more impressive?

Reaction Score
Obiagu's offer list is Connecticut, Kansas, Arizona, Maryland, Louisville, Florida, LSU, Purdue, Cal, Tennessee, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Missouri, K-State, Auburn, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Florida State, Mississippi State, TCU, Cincinnati, Memphis, and Butler.

Carlton's is Connecticut, Penn State, K-State, TAMU, St. Joe's, La Salle, ODU, and Kent State. How is that more impressive?
To be fair you left out Cincinatti, Maryland, Xavier, USC, and PC (according to rivals). Also it was reported that Georgetown, Indiana, and Michigan St had interest in getting Carlton on campus in various articles, but who knows how much of that is legitimate.

Reaction Score
To be fair you left out Cincinatti, Maryland, Xavier, USC, and PC (according to rivals). Also it was reported that Georgetown, Indiana, and Michigan St had interest in getting Carlton on campus in various articles, but who knows how much of that is legitimate.

Per one of the Georgetown boards they had him in for an unofficial in June and they formally offered him last week.

Reaction Score

Those aren't on VC, so I didn't see them, but Obiagu's list is still clearly better.

Reaction Score
Those aren't on VC, so I didn't see them, but Obiagu's list is still clearly better.
Oh definitely, I only commented that because I noticed too that the VC and 247 lists were very short compared to rivals.

Obiagu's "blue blood" offers all seem to have fallen off of his recruitment. He's an unbelievable shot blocker, so it's surprising. Maybe he has some eligibility questions.

Tangent: I've heard Billy Preston is someone who may not be ruled eligible this season too, for those wondering why all the sudden USC is running away with his recruitment as Kansas and Zona are fading.

Reaction Score
Enoch will be more than ready by his junior year,and juwan Durham is a special talent. So This irrational fear that we're not gonna have any bigs is absurd.

Bingo bigs in college are interchangeable if they have size. Again, would love a true 5 but who's to say Steve won't be by next year, hell this year? Plenty of size and this kid has the tools to begin - what's worrying with great hands (this is huge in potential development by the way just watch AB), great rebounder, space eater who hands give him the ability to score it around the hole? Can't be anything but happy we got this kid, especially because he loves KO and will develop while here no doubt, as long as he understands the game.

Reaction Score
And even Brimah has developed!!! Lol he was never supposed to be a domimany big man. He's exceeded all expectations. He's 6'10 string bean who's won conference DPOY And a national championship(which we don't win without him). Knocking Ollie for not turning Brimah into an NBA lotto pick is extremely unfair

It was all good until you said "NBA lotto pick" Ant? And sorry if I'm on an AB post here but I have to ask, has he exceeded all expectations, even after watching the potential of year 1 and 2?

He's fine, but he's not the trophy you want to hold up in regard to KO's development of players from what I've seen. Don't get me wrong, happy he's ours this year, but we need to see more in year 4 for any of this to be true.

Reaction Score
This is a nice pick up. He probably ends up logging minutes at PF also. He might even play there more than at C. If he is listed at 6-10, he's probably 6-9. The impact centers that we want are still out there and still undeclared. Carlton's commitment shouldn't change whether we get them or not. If Richards or Bamba don't work out, I'd like to see us get Sidibe.

Reaction Score
A big that is a good rebounder with great hands and can pass are three things that this program has been lacking. Who knows what his ceiling is, but it certainly seems like he will be a help. UConn has suffered from bigs with bad hands and who can't see the floor. This will be a nice change.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget Brimah broke a finger in his dominant hand and required surgery right in the middle of the season which caused him to miss 7 weeks. He was averaging 8/5/3 on 72.5% shooting before he injury and wasn't the same when he came back (obviously).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When UConn gets commitments like this it just confirms that a good deal of you pay no attention to any other teams but UConn. For the guys poo pooing this verbal, y'all do realize even the "blue blood" programs have 3 star guys on the bench, right? You are not filling out a roster 1-13 with guys all in the top 75-100.

Exactly. A rugged defender and rebounder who can develop and will be around for 4 years is a huge asset to any team. These guys also tend to really make an impact as seniors.

Reaction Score
Exactly. A rugged defender and rebounder who can develop and will be around for 4 years is a huge asset to any team. These guys also tend to really make an impact as seniors.

Yes probably 4 year guy who potentially becomes a higher ceilinged Gavin Edwards, maybe Hilton both of whom were rated lower? Never hurts the program.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget Brimah broke a finger in his dominant hand and required surgery right in the middle of the season which caused him to miss 7 weeks. He was averaging 8/5/3 on 72.5% shooting before he injury and wasn't the same when he came back (obviously).

He was averaging 8/5/3 with 17 layups missed a game because he couldn't catch the pass into the post clean.

Reaction Score
It was all good until you said "NBA lotto pick" Ant? And sorry if I'm on an AB post here but I have to ask, has he exceeded all expectations, even after watching the potential of year 1 and 2?

He's fine, but he's not the trophy you want to hold up in regard to KO's development of players from what I've seen. Don't get me wrong, happy he's ours this year, but we need to see more in year 4 for any of this to be true.
We definitely need to see more. But he also shouldn't be held as an example as KO's inability to develops bigs. Because that implies that Brimah ever had that potential and I don't think he did. And maybe NBA lotto pick was a bit of an exaggeration lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom