Josh Carlton announcing tomorrow | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton announcing tomorrow

Reaction Score
I like all the people saying he's good enough to play on a Final Four team so we're dumb. Did he build a time machine and he's somehow going to play for the 2020-21 Houston Cougars? Because it's my understanding he'll be on next year's team.
Are you saying there's a consensus that Houston will be worse than UConn next year? I'll be rooting for it to happen but that's not how this usually pans out unless the Coach leaves.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe our staff wouldn't think he was valuable enough to make a huge push to keep but a Final Four team thinks he can help them. But we're building I guess. Seems to be the answer to everything football and basketball related.

Good luck to Josh. Showed a lot in limited opportunities this year and he'll be missed.
It's not hard to believe at all. Did you watch him play and did you look at the makeup of our team?

Reaction Score
Imagine if we play them in the tournament and Josh drops 20 and 10 on us LOL

Reaction Score
I like all the people saying he's good enough to play on a Final Four team so we're dumb. Did he build a time machine and he's somehow going to play for the 2020-21 Houston Cougars? Because it's my understanding he'll be on next year's team.
There's just so much dumb around here. He's playing for Houston next season and only reason Houston made a final 4 this season is because they played nobody all year, were overseeded, and had the easiest run in the history of the tournament to make a final 4.

Reaction Score
Excited that Josh is excited with his decision--Excited that Sampson is excited with Josh's decision.

Decisions DH and staff are making re: roster construction of next year's team is partially influenced by the fact that PT has been part of his "sale" to future recruits to come to Storrs. BA/JC/even Fatts R could not be promised the PT they wanted and deserved.

So players have choices now that allow them to move on from their present situations to better BB platforms for their particular criteria..

I credit and respect DH for shooting straight with these kids and to be loyal to his current team and 2021 recruits.

Sometimes the casualties of upgrading talent on the roster are players we like.Josh being one of them. Everyone wins here--No losers.

Reaction Score
Are you saying there's a consensus that Houston will be worse than UConn next year? I'll be rooting for it to happen but that's not how this usually pans out unless the Coach leaves.
I have no idea. Houston is scheduled to lose a TON, including a huge percentage of their frontcourt, so unless they get a lot of seniors to return or have incredible recruits they won't be what they were this year.

I just think it's hilarious logic to say he's playing for a Final Four team, when he wasn't on the roster the year they made the Final Four. I mean, we've made the Final Four a bunch of years when he wasn't on the roster, so I guess he's been playing for a Final Four team his whole career.

Reaction Score
I always knew a lot of posters didn't watch other teams in college basketball, but apparently a large portion didn't even watch UConn. Where are the minutes for Carlton coming from?

Reaction Score
There's just so much dumb around here. He's playing for Houston next season and only reason Houston made a final 4 this season is because they played nobody all year, were overseeded, and had the easiest run in the history of the tournament to make a final 4.

You just can't say something like this and then complain about everyone else saying dumb things. You talk about Houston like they're Prairie View A&M and it sounds ridiculous. And it sounds even more ridiculous as an attempt to throw cold water on Carlton going there.

Reaction Score
You just can't say something like this and then complain about everyone else saying dumb things. You talk about Houston like they're Prairie View A&M and it sounds ridiculous. And it sounds even more ridiculous as an attempt to throw cold water on Carlton going there.
What did I say that was untrue?

Reaction Score
Just so you know, Houston did beat Texas Tech during regular season. Beat Syracuse, Rutgers and Oregon State to get to F4. No need to show the hate. Uconn did no such thing

Reaction Score
Just so you know, Houston did beat Texas Tech during regular season. Beat Syracuse, Rutgers and Oregon State to get to F4. No need to show the hate. Uconn did no such thing
I'm aware, Texas Tech #21 was the one ranked team they played all regular season and all tournament on their way to the semis...it took place well over 4 months ago. They went through the lowest seeded teams ever to make it to a final 4. At least they kept it to within 25 at the half against Baylor.

Reaction Score
Houston didn’t have a single player on their roster this year taller than 6’8. UConn had 6 out of 13 scholarship players over 6’8.

Just because he could possibly get more minutes there doesn’t say anything about Dan Hurley’s coaching/talent scouting ability. It says more about the roster fit.

And just because Houston took him and they are a good team doesn’t automatically mean he’s a world beater.

Let’s just all be happy for his decision and wish him the best and hope he does well there.

Reaction Score
Just stop it! Houston made the Final Four. I don’t care who you played. That requires a team to play well. And the earned a 2 seed. Oh I now they are in the American and you are embarrassed that an AAC team made the Final Four while the vaunted New Big East didn’t get past the Sweet 16, but look at the bright side. A New Big East team not named Villanova got past the round of 32. Only the 2nd time that’s happened.

Reaction Score
Just stop it! Houston made the Final Four. I don’t care who you played. That requires a team to play well. And the earned a 2 seed. Oh I now they are in the American and you are embarrassed that an AAC team made the Final Four while the vaunted New Big East didn’t get past the Sweet 16, but look at the bright side. A New Big East team not named Villanova got past the round of 32. Only the 2nd time that’s happened.
If you're so in love with the AAC, go support a team in that league.

Reaction Score
Geezus, I've got a penthouse suite in your dome.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
What did I say that was untrue?
1/5/20:
'He's really bad, there isn't much to commit to. He's physically weak, he turns it over, he can't jump, and he flips the ball up at the backboard hoping it goes in. We're stuck, he's not a starting center at this level and Whaley would be a nice player for Niagara. '
but wait, there's more!
yesterday:
'Weird list. Wake, East Carolina and Pitt basically got wrecked via the portal and he doesn’t really fit in well with whatever Houston does.'

take ur pick.

Reaction Score
1/5/20:
'He's really bad, there isn't much to commit to. He's physically weak, he turns it over, he can't jump, and he flips the ball up at the backboard hoping it goes in. We're stuck, he's not a starting center at this level and Whaley would be a nice player for Niagara. '
but wait, there's more!
yesterday:
'Weird list. Wake, East Carolina and Pitt basically got wrecked via the portal and he doesn’t really fit in well with whatever Houston does.'

take ur pick.
Super Secret spy is now attributing quotes to me that I never even made and aren't relevant to Houston being overseeded and having the easiest run ever to the semis.

Reaction Score
I'm aware, Texas Tech #21 was the one ranked team they played all regular season and all tournament on their way to the semis...it took place well over 4 months ago. They went through the lowest seeded teams ever to make it to a final 4. At least they kept it to within 25 at the half against Baylor.
Damage control mode.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom