Josh Carlton announcing tomorrow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton announcing tomorrow

Reaction Score
The AAC will likely be worse than the A-10 next year and the WCC so Josh should be able to dominate. Outside of Houston, every team in the conference will likely be worse or just generally bad. The only other team I see trending up is Wichita St. They were basically a one bid conference this year and should be something close to that again.

He should have no problem beating up on a depleted Cincy, USF, UCF, Tulsa, Temple, East Carolina and Tulane. A lot of pillow fights for stat padding. Verbal Commits says SMU has 6 scholarships open for next year and they were at least on par with Xavier this season so not very promising in addition to Memphis having significant roster turnover as well.

If you look at Josh's stats, you can see the correlation between his performance and strength of schedule so I see him returning to sophomore year form.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Is he gonna be the starting 5 there?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Is he gonna be the starting 5 there?
None of Gorham/Gresham/White are pro prospects but all were Seniors last year. UH plays 2 big guys at a time so I’d imagine he has a chance at it

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

sooooo, let's see if i have this correct. swamped by the haters here for years, Josh Carlton, who i've maintained since my day one, is a playa and is mos def getting paid after his schooldaze, is now lacing them up for a final four squad. final four squad, which arguably has an ocean of portal players to choose from.
imagine that, and only 2 days after their last game.
now, that was quick.

Reaction Score
sooooo, let's see if i have this correct. swamped by the haters here for years, Josh Carlton, who i've maintained since my day one, is a playa and is mos def getting paid after his schooldaze, is now lacing them up for a final four squad. final four squad, which arguably has an ocean of portal players to choose from.
imagine that, and only 2 days after their last game.
now, that was quick.
They almost certainly wouldn't choose him over Sanogo if given the opportunity

Reaction Score
This is going to be a point of discussion next year. In particular if he plays well. Could provide DH haters ammunition if he gets consistent pt and produces.
Whaley was far superior last season and so was Sanogo, not to mention it was better for the future of the program for Adama to get as many minutes as he can. I’m pulling for Josh next year, but only the smooth brains on the boneyard can seriously object to how Hurley handled the front court rotation

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
They almost certainly wouldn't choose him over Sanogo if given the opportunity
cool. now do 'ocean of portal players to choose from,' some of whom profile like adama (who i like very much), and 'two days after their last game.'
yeah, now do those.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is going to be a point of discussion next year. In particular if he plays well. Could provide DH haters ammunition if he gets consistent pt and produces.

It is not being a hater to point out that a player good enough to join a Final Four team was probably good enough to play more than a few minutes a game for UConn.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Whaley was far superior last season and so was Sanogo, not to mention it was better for the future of the program for Adama to get as many minutes as he can. I’m pulling for Josh next year, but only the smooth brains on the boneyard can seriously object to how Hurley handled the front court rotation

You are a better talent evaluator than Sampson. Good to know.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
9E0D9C52-4631-420A-97ED-8D3AEBB2887C.jpeg

Coincidence?

Reaction Score
Thanks for your commitment to the Program through thick and thin.--Your contributions were appreciated.

Kick some butt down in Houston next year and we'll see you at the FF ..

Reaction Score
Hard to believe our staff wouldn't think he was valuable enough to make a huge push to keep but a Final Four team thinks he can help them. But we're building I guess. Seems to be the answer to everything football and basketball related.

Good luck to Josh. Showed a lot in limited opportunities this year and he'll be missed.

Reaction Score
It is not being a hater to point out that a player good enough to join a Final Four team was probably good enough to play more than a few minutes a game for UConn.
I'm not sure. Your post includes at least a double negative. Probably a triple negative. Tough for me to follow.

Reaction Score
I don't have a ton of complaints. DH will still get criticism if Josh does well.

Reaction Score
I like all the people saying he's good enough to play on a Final Four team so we're dumb. Did he build a time machine and he's somehow going to play for the 2020-21 Houston Cougars? Because it's my understanding he'll be on next year's team.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Josh will play a lot of minutes throughout the season and then when the going gets tough and the games matter NCAA I doubt he plays meaningful minutes. Now lets set reminder to revisit this post in a year.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score

UConn has championship aspirations too tho... He could have been part of something special here as well, probably more likely here than Houston.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom