Jordan Spieth at Traveler’s | The Boneyard

Jordan Spieth at Traveler’s

Reaction Score
Picture in Courant shows what appears to be a new caddy... anyone know if that’s the case? Some issues last weekend.

Reaction Score
His caddie should have moved that rake in the Open. It cost him a bogey and his momentum when he was still close. He said he didn't blame the caddie. But he probably wanted to fire him on the spot.

Reaction Score
Very interesting. Can't seem to find rumors anywhere just yet

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Spieth showing his true colors under adversity. I'll pass on being a fan.

Reaction Score
Players fire caddies all the time, so can't really fault Spieth if he got rid of Greller. Sometimes a change is what's needed for the player. But Greller is a top caddy, and I simply think we're seeing Spieth exposed for what he truly is - a good player that does nothing fantastic.

He can't drive like Rory, hit irons like Scotty, chip like Phil or putt like Sneds. He's average to below-average when he's not rolling in 200+ ft of putts per round.

And if this rumor is true Greller will be on a top bag in 2 seconds. And Spieth might play better with a new voice on the bag. Who knows

Reaction Score
Talked with Jason Sobel for my pod yesterday and he actually said Greller didn't even know what Jordan said to him -- that Greller asked all the media guys following the round what all the buzz was about. Just like Bubba reamed out Teddy at Travelers, seems like these things come and go

Reaction Score
Players fire caddies all the time, so can't really fault Spieth if he got rid of Greller. Sometimes a change is what's needed for the player. But Greller is a top caddy, and I simply think we're seeing Spieth exposed for what he truly is - a good player that does nothing fantastic.

He can't drive like Rory, hit irons like Scotty, chip like Phil or putt like Sneds. He's average to below-average when he's not rolling in 200+ ft of putts per round.

And if this rumor is true Greller will be on a top bag in 2 seconds. And Spieth might play better with a new voice on the bag. Who knows

Putting is what Spieth does fantastic. It's why he has won 3 majors.

Reaction Score
Right, it's why he won 3 majors. If you look at the stats, he was far and above the next best putter and there was no way he could sustain that level of excellence. That might be gone now + just a fair tee-to-green game and you get what we have over the past 2 years...

Talked with Jason Sobel for my pod yesterday and he actually said Greller didn't even know what Jordan said to him -- that Greller asked all the media guys following the round what all the buzz was about. Just like Bubba reamed out Teddy at Travelers, seems like these things come and go

Caddies are part therapist and punching bag. Comes with the gig.

And what is your podcast?

Reaction Score
Right, it's why he won 3 majors. If you look at the stats, he was far and above the next best putter and there was no way he could sustain that level of excellence. That might be gone now + just a fair tee-to-green game and you get what we have over the past 2 years...

Caddies are part therapist and punching bag. Comes with the gig.

And what is your podcast?

Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast - Travelers preview is here:

Reaction Score
The Golden Bear once said, "I never relied on a caddie for anything. I liked the three ups—show up, keep up and shut up."

For the most part all old school golfers feel just like Jack. Tiger is pretty much that way as well. These new millennial golfers want their caddies to be friends, therapists, club selectors and green readers all wrapped up in one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tiger said Joe doesn't talk much, but when he does I listen. Greller and Speith have had great success together. The rake was the caddies fault, golfer has a lot going on right there figuring out the strategy and shot he's going to play so the caddie should check off the minor details like checking around the bunker to make sure all clear. Did love him winning in 2017 that was a cool ending.

Reaction Score
Frequently in pro-ams, Greller sorta gets the day off. Walks along and gets measurements/cup locations and bitches any non kid.

And all looks well today.

Reaction Score
His caddie should have moved that rake in the Open. It cost him a bogey and his momentum when he was still close. He said he didn't blame the caddie. But he probably wanted to fire him on the spot.

BS clear that rake easily or keep quiet. Tried to get too much out of a tough shot and didn't get the height needed not on the caddie. Speith is now pretty much a cry baby not a fan anymore.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
No one would care about all his crying if he was still competing for majors. Even when he was winning he was kind of a dick. I think it got a little worse because he’s just a really really competitive dude and the losing is getting to him.

Reaction Score
Picture in Courant shows what appears to be a new caddy... anyone know if that’s the case? Some issues last weekend.
His caddy sleeps with the golf balls in an undisclosed lake near the 10th hole

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I got beat up a couple years ago during the US Open when I pointed out they gave Speith way too much time to get out of trouble.

#boneyardsearch

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I got beat up a couple years ago during the US Open when I pointed out they gave Speith way too much time to get out of trouble.

#boneyardsearch

You were just carrying my water, although I will say that you advanced the argument by stating that Kuchar should have set the fairway on fire and peed on Speith's ball. And then you engaged the entire website in a stick fight.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
WTF is going on up there in Cromwell. Just checked leaderboard for 1st time and Koepka, Mickelson, Finau and Speith all currently on wrong side of projected -1 cut line. That will kill a lot of TV interest this weekend if it stays that way.

Reaction Score
Just watched Finau hit a 200+ hook from the left side trap on 13. One foot in the trap, one on the side hill, over water. Unbelievable!

Reaction Score
is going on up there in Cromwell. Just checked leaderboard for 1st time and Koepka, Mickelson, Finau and Speith all currently on wrong side of projected -1 cut line. That will kill a lot of TV interest this weekend if it stays that way.
Koepka might make it... the others are out. The course is making them look pretty bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom