Jordan Spieth at Traveler’s | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jordan Spieth at Traveler’s

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bubba with a nice run to start back 9, Koepka safely in the cut line, Jason Day with a nice round, Justin Thomas doing okay coming off injury. Even Keegan Bradley has a major to his resume.

Strong enough leaderboard even with Spieth spitting the bit and Phil being Phil.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was home nursing a bad back, but as the Bubba/Brooks/Finau group was the featured group all day, watching those guys on that course - which except for a few holes ain't all that tough - was a reminder just how good these guys are. Finau barely hit any fairways, sprayed balls into places I probably wouldn't even hit into (and I suck), mostly chipped and putted like crap, but still managed to get in at just 1 over par. Even though he missed the cut, that round to me, was amazing.

What's the old slogan? These guys are good?

Reaction Score
The Golden Bear once said, "I never relied on a caddie for anything. I liked the three ups—show up, keep up and shut up."

For the most part all old school golfers feel just like Jack. Tiger is pretty much that way as well. These new millennial golfers want their caddies to be friends, therapists, club selectors and green readers all wrapped up in one.
Jack had the same caddie for most of his career until Angelo retired with health problems.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Early groups are posting some low numbers. Cantlay couldn't buy a putt yesterday. He's -6 so far today.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a 61 or 62 today, especially if wind stays low.

Reaction Score
Early groups are posting some low numbers. Cantlay couldn't buy a putt yesterday. He's -6 so far today.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a 61 or 62 today, especially if wind stays low.
With all the rain the greens are soft and they can go right at them. Need some wind to kick up and dry them out or we could see some ridiculous scores.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sucher had some horrific lies in bunkers on the beginning of the back 9. He compounded some of those with high risk recovery shots and missed them all. Wheels completely fell off in a three hole stretch.

Reavie has a nice game and is coming off a 3rd place finish at US Open.

Collin Morikawa would have been a decent story but he went tits up yesterday. Just turned pro at the Canadian Open and got a top 15 there. Made cut at US Open and was doing okay.

Traveler's has a reputation from someone coming from middle of the pack on Sunday for the win. Looking this year, Cantlay, DeChambeau, Day, and Fleetwood are all players who could start drawing a big crowd and get the fans in to it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom