Jordan Horston | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jordan Horston

Reaction Score
From articles she has said she wants to go a school where she will be pushed and be developed into a better player. Her goal is to have a career in the WNBA and beyond. I just don’t see her ending up at Tennessee. Holly Warwick hasn’t proven she can get her players developed. If she wants to be coached by the best my guess it will be down to UCONN... Geno well no need to explain ..history already has shown that..... or South Carolina with Dawn being the Olympic/National team coach. I would be absolutely shocked if she chooses Tenneseee. Would be a waste of her talent.. and no chance at a final four. But none of us will ever know what goes through a teenagers mind. A must get is Boston. If we can land Haley Jones then that will be the cherry on top. If we can’t land any of the last 3 .. then UCONN could be in trouble with just a one class of Aubrey Griffin

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought that Jordan had more visits planned, but maybe I lost track. Given the timing of the announcement, I think it's Tennessee or UConn. She says the right things, but kids may not know as much as those of us who have been around and studied these things. She will NOT be pushed OR taught at Tennessee the way she would at UConn. Geno can make her into an icon. I believe that she had a good visit in Storrs, so I'm hopeful.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen one post or article that suggests Tenn. Not even on the LV board.

it may have to do with something as innocuous as the fact that she was wearing a Tennessee jersey and matching headband in a video the other day

Reaction Score
I think it’s between South Carolina and UConn. She’s said she wants to develop, Tenn and UNC can’t, and will not, provide that.

Reaction Score
Any of the recruits should just look at the World cup. The current WNBA regular season,and playoff MVP is leading the way. Read what Dawn has said that we need to have Stevie on the floor more then Dawn would like. But in a 1 game elimination, you play the best players.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Any of the recruits should just look at the World cup. The current WNBA regular season,and playoff MVP is leading the way. Read what Dawn has said that we need to have Stevie on the floor more then Dawn would like. But in a 1 game elimination, you play the best players.
Yesterday it was Stewie and Tina; today it was Diana and Stewie. Who coached them up in college and wouldn't let them cheat their talent?

Reaction Score
Yesterday it was Stewie and Tina; today it was Diana and Stewie. Who coached them up in college and wouldn't let them cheat their talent?

You don't have to convince us Milford....................as we often hear, playing at UConn isn't for everyone, it's certainly not for the faint of heart or those not willing to totally buy into the team's philosophy..................there are plenty of other programs to play for where you can cruise by and have a good career............it's like choosing the Navy Seals over the Merchant Marines (no offense intended), let's see which direction the three remaining recruits go..........I gotta think one or more are up for the challenge..........

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
From articles she has said she wants to go a school where she will be pushed and be developed into a better player. Her goal is to have a career in the WNBA and beyond. I just don’t see her ending up at Tennessee. Holly Warwick hasn’t proven she can get her players developed. If she wants to be coached by the best my guess it will be down to UCONN... Geno well no need to explain ..history already has shown that..... or South Carolina with Dawn being the Olympic/National team coach. I would be absolutely shocked if she chooses Tenneseee. Would be a waste of her talent.. and no chance at a final four. But none of us will ever know what goes through a teenagers mind. A must get is Boston. If we can land Haley Jones then that will be the cherry on top. If we can’t land any of the last 3 .. then UCONN could be in trouble with just a one class of Aubrey Griffin

Based on your narrative, it sounds like she’s coming to Storrs. If she truly wants to be coached and mentored by the best, her choice is a no brainer. Geno will not allow her to cheat her potential.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In today's semi-final game:

leading scorers: Stewart & Taurasi
top rebounders Stewart & Charles
assists leader: Bird

Pardon me for a moment. If the uncommitted recruits are paying attention to the WNBA, and the results of the FIBA games of team USA, something would dawn on them. We keep hearing about the same players as being the leading scorer or rebounder. Most of the time, it’s a UConn alum.

Stewie, Dee, Tina, Sue. It’s not a coincidence. If you want to follow in their footsteps, then follow in their footsteps.

I hope these recruits are paying attention. There is a common thread there. Forget about wanting to play with certain other players. That’s nice, but it may not be in your best interest. Now is the time to begin to prepare for life after college.

After your senior year, you want to be ready to move on to the next level of play. If you want to be great, if you want be coached and mentored and reach your fullest potential, then the choice is clear.

You go to the place that has produced some of the best players in women’s basketball. Do the math, 2+2=UConn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Pardon me for a moment. If the uncommitted recruits are paying attention to the WNBA, and the results of the games of the USA national team (I understand I sound like a homer), you constantly keep hearing about players from UConn. Who were the leading scorers and rebounders, not only today, but for the majority of the games played? Players from UConn. Stewie, Dee, Tina, Sue. It’s not a coincidence. If you want to follow in their footsteps, then follow in their footsteps.

I hope these recruits are paying attention, and can do some simple math, i.e., 2+2=UConn.
Sometimes, often in fact , 2+ 2 = MVP!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
With family on the staff, the class they are bring in, I wouldn’t be shocked to see her land at UNC.

That family member has been on the UNC staff for years. If it means that much to Horston she could've given a verbal to UNC long ago. Not sure what else the Tarheels have to offer at the moment. I know they've got a couple of top-50 players coming in 2020 and Mutombo next year but, needless to say, UConn, Tennessee, and South Carolina will have more than that.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We are losing top players. We need both
Um... 4 years ago KLS #1 and Collier #4 or so. 3 years ago Danger #3. 2 years ago, Megan Walker #1. Last year Christyn Williams #1 and Olivia Nelson-Ododa #5.

So far in the current class we have rising senior Aubrey Griffin, who I'm betting is really one of the top 15 kids in her class - she lost her entire sophomore season to an injury and started very low in the rankings. She was in the final 16 for Team USA U17. Paid her own way and almost made the team. UCONN will never get all the top players they go after, but we get way more than most...

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Um... 4 years ago KLS #1 and Collier #4 or so. 3 years ago Danger #3. 2 years ago, Megan Walker #1. Last year Christyn Williams #1 and Olivia Nelson-Ododa #5.

So far in the current class we have rising senior Aubrey Griffin, who I'm betting is really one of the top 15 kids in her class - she lost her entire sophomore season to an injury and started very low in the rankings. She was in the final 16 for Team USA U17. Paid her own way and almost made the team. UCONN will never get all the top players they go after, but we get way more than most...

that's sure been the case historically but I'm not as confident when it comes to these specific 2019 recruits.............UConn got the one player they were favored to get although Louisville apparently made a pretty compelling case and Ms Griffin will hopefully far outperform her ratings...............the three top dogs are all up for grabs in a major tug of war..............I hate to repeat myself but I'll be happy if even one of the remaining three end up in Storrs and anything more then that would be simply spectacular.........

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Based on your narrative, it sounds like she’s coming to Storrs. If she truly wants to be coached and mentored by the best, her choice is a no brainer. Geno will not allow her to cheat her potential.
Trying to read the tea leaves, I don’t particularly place a lot of weight on which school’s jersey she’s seen wearing or where her relative coaches. But I do place significant weight on Horston’s comments on being pushed to develop, and eventually play in the W, particularly since Horston appears to have worked incredibly hard in the last few years to vault over higher ranked players like Brunelle to now be among the very best players in the Class of 2019.

As a tremendously athletic 6’1” player who can do a little bit of everything, Horston could eventually be a star pg in the W. Now where is the best place for her to develop those skills? Certainly, playing for Dawn at SC is one possibility. But imo, if Horston is not afraid of working hard, which it appears she is not, the benefits of learning under Shea, Jasmine Lister and the Master himself are unsurpassed.

One final point. With Aubrey Griffin now committed to UConn, Horston already has her freshman roommate lined up.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of speculation, as with a lot of recruits about to announce their choice, as to where they'll verbal to. While personally I think Uconn would be an excellent choice for Jordan, the decision is hers with her own analysis as to which school, players and coaches would be best for her. I'll be waiting to hear, hopefully it's Uconn. We'll see.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
My guess is that most of the remaining players. Will commit by the end of October.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom