Jordan Horston | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jordan Horston

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
obviously I was being facetious but yes I'm pretty confident that Ann Donovan (RIP) could have coached this team to victory...do you believe otherwise?
Yes I do believe otherwise and I would like to see Dawn specifically and the other coaches get some credit. In 2006 Anne Donovan took a 24 year old DT and 26 year old Sue Bird to a WC and came away with a bronze medal. Dawn has also learned a lot from Geno this was most evident every time this team came out of a time or started a quarter-they ran a play that looked like it was straight out of the UCONN play book.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We
What’s to like about this video?
Well at least we know she is not heading to ND. Quite honestly she is “manageable” by UCONN on any other roster. Still want her in UCONN uniform though.

Reaction Score
I think the wave of commitments begins this Wednesday..

well I hope UConn can go big wave surfing soon...........it's been more like waiting for the tide to come in........

Reaction Score
Kyrie Irving will be at Jordan’s announcement tomorrow .

Attachments

• EACB1993-B3B9-4A86-A24C-2F173E37FC43.png
    EACB1993-B3B9-4A86-A24C-2F173E37FC43.png
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 91

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
well I hope UConn can go big wave surfing soon......it's been more like waiting for the tide to come in...
IDK Big wave surfing sounds “risky” kind of like “playing with fire” & not having a “plan b”...... :eek:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yes I do believe otherwise and I would like to see Dawn specifically and the other coaches get some credit. In 2006 Anne Donovan took a 24 year old DT and 26 year old Sue Bird to a WC and came away with a bronze medal. Dawn has also learned a lot from Geno this was most evident every time this team came out of a time or started a quarter-they ran a play that looked like it was straight out of the UCONN play book.

They actually ran quite a bit of motion/UConn style offense during the WC.. with back door cuts, quick passes and spacing. I wasn’t surprised at all because Staley isn’t really a system coach. She tailors her teams to the strengths of her players. The offense progressively got more fluid as the team gained familiarity. Hopefully that was a relief for those concerned that Staley would employ a double post/dump it in the paint only offense. They were very versatile offensively.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would love to have her at UConn just what was the point of the video
I think we will see a clearer version of that video tomorrow on ESPN probably.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
They actually ran quite a bit of motion/UConn style offense during the WC.. with back door cuts, quick passes and spacing. I wasn’t surprised at all because Staley isn’t really a system coach. She tailors her teams to the strengths of her players. The offense progressively got more fluid as the team gained familiarity. Hopefully that was a relief for those concerned that Staley would employ a double post/dump it in the paint only offense. They were very versatile offensively.
Dawn also ran quite a bit of post isolation with Charles and Griner. Same post isolation that Geno used to beat her when Ibiam, Coates & Wilson were on the SC front line.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Audrey Griffin opened the gates last week and Jordan will come on in tomorrow!
Ah, some welcome optimism. If you're going to use a prop at your announcement, the thing about choosing UConn is that finding a Husky breed dog is not that difficult. I suppose one could obtain a rooster but a volunteer? Signing with Stanford would make a statement if you walk into the gym with Ozzie Smith...or a tree, but what do you do if your letter of intent is with Georgetown?

Aw, just a bit of diversion before Horston's announcement, Wednesday. Anyone know the time and place for said inking?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would love to have her at UConn just what was the point of the video
In TV land, they call it a “teaser.” It’s what they do right before a commercial break to insure everybody tunes back in to the show immediately after the commercial break. Horston has already succeeded in getting a whole bunch of fans in Columbus, Knoxville, Columbia, Chapel Hill and Storrs wired in to her announcement tomorrow. Pretty impressive accomplishment for a 17 year-old.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Dawn also ran quite a bit of post isolation with Charles and Griner. Same post isolation that Geno used to beat her when Ibiam, Coates & Wilson were on the SC front line.

Ugh, that post isolation with Stewie and Tuck (I especially remember her eating us alive with it) completely neutralized us for years. Haha you had to know she was swiping that one from Geno. SC had a huge front line back in those days too.. 6'4" Ibiam, 6'4" Coates, 6'4" White, 6'5" Wilson, 6'1" Welch (who played much bigger).

I think you'll see a lot of post isolation from SC this year as well because we're nowhere as big as Miss State/Baylor/Notre Dame this year. We have 6'3 Jennings and a lot of very quick forwards in the 6'2" range. Not like the huge frontlines we used to have.

But I'll divert back to Horston, good talk as always Coco. Don't wanna get kicked out of the thread! haha..

Reaction Score
IDK Big wave surfing sounds “risky” kind of like “playing with fire” & not having a “plan b”. :eek:

I meant a big wave as in getting the recruits still in play in quick succession...............I'd much rather eat crow with a fabulous '19 recruiting class then have to repost the numerous cries for a Plan B out of frustration in case the recruits go elsewhere

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Kyrie Irving will be at Jordan’s announcement tomorrow .

What's the relationship between Horston and Irving? If there is one...

Reaction Score
Tomorrow is the day will it be a day if celebrating for us or will Tennessee beat us out for a player

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very interesting. Just checked the Celtics schedule. In Boston tonight @ Cleveland on Saturday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom